Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Do you have college fabrics you would share? My friend has enough now!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have college fabrics you would share? My friend has enough now! Sign In/Join 
Picture of pvillelou
posted
One of my quilting friends has 4 grandsons who are all avid college basketball fans. She wants to make jelly roll race quilts for them and is looking for fabric from 40 different colleges. Of course, she could probably find a lot at shops online but the shipping can really add up that way. My DDIL works at a shop in KY and is going to send some UK fabric. She has some connections near colleges in many parts of the country to get fabrics but hasn't been able to find all she wants. She only needs 1/3 yard of each and will pay for fabric and for mailing. She especially needs colleges east of Indiana and north of Florida. Do any of you have some to share? If you do, please let me know which colleges and I'll ask her if she needs that one. Thanks.

With all of your help, Kathi has enough when she adds to what she already has collected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvillelou,

Posts: 6475 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have some from Texas A&M that I can send if you are interested.

Smile

Posts: 5027 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
No college material but I have several basketball prints I would be willing to send strings. I imagine she is using 2 1/2 inches. Just let me know how many she would like? Chris

Posts: 5870 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I have a piece of Penn State that I don't know why I ever bought. She's welcome to it. Let me know if she can use it.

Posts: 242 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Wow! Several offers already. I'm pretty sure Kathi will want the Texas and Penn fabrics but will check before finalizing. She probably can get basketball fabric locally but thanks for the offer.

ETA: I just talked to Kathi and she is amazed at the generosity here and definitely would like both college fabrics offered. I'll PM you about details. Thanks again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvillelou,

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l can get U of A
(A being Arkansas.)

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9383 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I can get Michigan State fabric....grn & wht

OR

That other color...blue/gold for U of M...but CAN'T bring it in my house...lol!! Wink

eta---typo = had to change can to CAN'T...lol!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheriV
posted Hide Post
I was given some KU, K State, Missouri, Colorado and U of Oregon. You're welcome to any of that but its not East coast-sorry

Posts: 517 | Registered: Jun 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OUMom
posted Hide Post
Sewlove2quilt: You are so funny.....you sound just like me with our state rival...OSU....which we call OSWho. I have several prints of OU fabric and some of the OSU fabric. Nearly kills me to use that orange. (OU is Oklahoma University.....not Ohio.....Boomer Sooner). Let me know if she needs some of it.

OUMom

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
how much does she want/need?
I have some Univ of Idaho cotton fabric. UI Women were in the NCAA women's basketball playoffs, they were #1 in the WAC (Western Athletic Conference).
I could have WSU as in Washington State University (they took Texas Tech's leech of football coach)
I could find Gonzaga University, they are in Spokane WA. I'm sure you east coast ppl haven't heard of them (teasing!)
Let me know -- a pm might catch my attention better than a post here.
OUMom: Good to see you, I think of you often

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3542 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rho*
posted Hide Post
Theres a brand new piece of Purple Northwestern fabric waiting for me to use only part of it in a quilllow. Can your friend use 18" X 30"?
I have no problem shopping for her--U of I or maybe U Wisc badgers. Let me know.

Posts: 530 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: Feb 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Wisconsin Badgers if you would like. Sue

Posts: 1494 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can provide University of Tennessee if needed.
Karen

Posts: 585 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Kathi is going to be so excited about all of these offers!

OUMom, she has a cousin in OK so has a way to get those but thanks for your offer.

Rho*, the pattern calls for strips cut across the width of the fabric. Besides, we live in IL and I'm pretty sure she said she has a friend who lives in Wisc so she will be able to get the ones you mentioned. Thanks anyway.

sistersue, thanks but I think she can get that one.

motqltr, she needs 4 strips cut 2 1/2" wide (or one strip 10" wide) across the width of the fabric. I'm sure she could use all you mentioned and would be especially thrilled to get Gonzaga.

Rainbow, sewlove2quilt, SheriV, and May Baby, you are all so kind to offer.

I'll send you a PM to each of you.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
I have a little mississippi state

Posts: 3991 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TeaSea
posted Hide Post
I have Iowa State and Iowa let me know

Posts: 1347 | Location: NC Iowa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
The only way I can help is with Texas A&M and I see you already have some of that. Gig 'em!

Posts: 16559 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OUMom
posted Hide Post
Hi Michelle (Motqltr). It is good to see you too. I also think of you often. We'll have to PM soon and catch up on the boys.

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

Posts: 1462 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
And the offers keep coming! This board has the most generous people. Thanks to all of you. I think I've PMed everyone. but if I missed you let me know.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Kathi about all of these offers and she is so overwhelmed by your kindness. Adding all that has been offered here to what she already has, she now has enough! Thank you.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
These fabrics are starting to arrive! I got packages from 3grandkids and from SheriV. I think I sent PMs to everyone who offered (except a couple who offered fabric that she already had) and have had response from all but May Baby and Tea Sea. So if you two didn't see my PM, please check for it.

posted Hide Post
I have the fabric ready to mail. Hope to drop in box today. Karen

Posts: 585 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Karen. I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you but was afraid you didn't see my PM with my address.

posted Hide Post
I didn't feel rushed-had fabric in envelope ready to go when you posted. I mailed it Tuesday afternoon. Did not get tracking or anything other than standard postage-hopefully it will arrive soon.

THANKS
Karen