Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need opinions Sign In/Join 
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted
Here's the charity quilt cut and laid out.
Before I start sewing I wanted opinions.
I'm almost leaning to redoing it without the lighter blue snowflake.

BetsyLu65 Wink

Charity quilt

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
What would you use instead of the light blue snowflakes? Chris

Posts: 6162 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I like it. I think it has balance. Just enough brighter colors to catch you eye, but nothing that stands out too much. I think it's very pretty!

Posts: 5014 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
What would you use instead of the light blue snowflakes? Chris

I'd use a cream color novelty that has all the other colors in in, there's one little corner that has it now next to the green on top.

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, you might cut some or fold some on top of the blue and see if you would really like it there. lovely!!!

CC

Posts: 4672 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking you need that snowflake blue, and that if it's not there, the blue in the star will overpower piece.
I'm not sure why you are doubting it.
Definitely audition and photograph, to see if it's what YOU are liking...Re-directed many a project for me.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3256 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
I like it too - just the way it is.

ml

Posts: 1119 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking about this one. They say that things in threes are pleasing to the eye. You have three parts with the brighter blue. I think it works!

Posts: 5014 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I would leave it alone. The brighter blue makes it pop. If you use more cream it will all just fade away.

PamSmile

Posts: 5833 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Very pretty! I'd leave it as-is, I agree the light blue balances it nicely.

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8863 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you want to change it??? I think it looks great as it is.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10117 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
I like it just like it is, but if you're not happy with it, make it the way YOU like it.

Devonne

Posts: 14987 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I like it; wonder if the light beige might blend too close to the brown "stone" fabric. The blue is good contrast.
I like the idea of auditioning and taking pics to compare.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3628 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Thank you all! You're the best.
I'll post the finished quilt as soon as it's done.

BetsyLu65 Wink

posted Hide Post
Can you share the pattern for this? Love how it looks - wouldn't change a thing.

Posts: 274 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Ditto: I like it like it is.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3051 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post