Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  October Stashbusting - for those who shop their stash
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October Stashbusting - for those who shop their stash Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Welcome to the 2013 Stashbusting Thread.

I am Gonesewin and I will be starting a new thread for each month for everyone to post pictures (If at all possible) or tell about your stashbusting efforts. It does NOT have to be quilting! This can be any kind of Quilting & Needlework!

There are just 2 "rules" to join us: what you make make should be mostly from stash and it should be finished during the month you post it as finished - please don't post things you made otherwise - sew & tell would be a more appropriate thread to share those projects. There are no signups, or swapping or... Just this thread. Everyone is welcome!

As an incentive - or as a reward - cksvett has graciously agreed to give a prize to someone who completes a stashbuster each month if her name is drawn. Let's all be sure to thank her!

Stashbusters for October:

sewlove2quilt
gardenpat
Fleur55
motqltr
Will Quilt for Chocolate
headielamar
Rainbow
Handie Ann
quiltbea
City/Sandie
jacky
Elainetoo
AngelaC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5142 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...well here we are again ... I'm up early and I'm getting started .. Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
,,,here we are at the bottom of the page! Whats up with that?

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Here's a woven hot pad that I made during my thurs night quilt guild meeting {another guild member showed us all how to make these}...everything is from my stash. Have 2 made but only took a pic of 1.

The strips are from the blk/white noodle swap that I hosted a few yrs ago...any1 remember that? lol!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6806 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
...and here is the bowl cozy that I made, this morning, from last nights pj party! SewHappy gave great instructions and these are super easy & quick!! I LOVE that kind of project!! This fabric has been in my stash forever!!

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
All I have done using stash lately is to look at it! My nephew's wife is expecting so I'll be making a baby quilt as soon as I know whether I should make it pink or blue. If it's a girl, I will have plenty of stash. If it's a boy, I may need to do a little shopping. I also see a bowl cozy in my future and I'm sure I have stash for that.

Posts: 6613 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
The bowl cozy was one of the mini demos at our guild meeting last month. What a neat idea and looks really easy.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6745 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
j Lu your package was mailed today. Look for it the end of next week... Chris

Posts: 6229 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Here's my first October stashbuster! It comes from Nickel Quilts book- Road to Paducah. I made it smaller because my backing ran out, but then I added the two borders with another backing fabric that looks good with it (another stashbuster left over!)

It is going tomorrow as a last minute wedding gift for a last minute wedding yesterday!

pat

Posts: 5146 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of britgal
posted Hide Post
nice Pat! how are you?

my etsy shop
cutiegirlie.etsy.com

Posts: 2146 | Registered: Jan 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Can I count my Scraps to Treasures that I finished yesterday, even if I can't show a picture? Jayardi can confirm that I finished it, since SHE has a picture of it! I used stash for the fabric I sent, all my extra's, the backing, binding & the batting too! Smile

Posts: 4692 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Thanks, britgal! Between canning and remodeling, I haven't been quilting as much as usual! Still have a bit more to finish remodeling before cold weather and holidays set in. It would be fun to get together sometime soon ( definitely not this week though)! Give me a call and we can catch up!!

Have two more baby quilts to start and finish before the end of the year! I better get off the computer and get busy!! Yikes!!! (The great thing about stashbusting is that I can start a project at night and work through the night without having to buy fabrics because I am using all stash fabrics!!)

pat

Posts: 5146 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
sewloves2quilt and gardenpat - I love your work. sewloves2quilt - I love the pot holder... so pretty and functional! You should do that some friday night or just send me the pattern. I have to make another of your thread catchers one of these days for a friend. Good start to the month... better than mine for sure.
Char

Posts: 714 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Just finished a charity quilt out of some fun monster fabric. The wording says "Monsters are Cool" and the colors are bright. Actually my DH found this fabric a few years back on one of our trips.

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Also, made the microwave bowl pot holder. A very fast and fun pattern. Great for gifts!

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm also working on quilting my WEAVER FEVER {that I started in 2012} cause want to put it in my guilds quilt show next week. Pic's in a few days!!

eta: Char I could do a pj party but it probably won't be til after the holidays....let me know if you want the pattern b4 that & I could email u the directions!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I have so much stuff finished that I want to show off but, I can't yet. Maybe after the voting next month. Your doing a great job ladies.

J Lu

Posts: 1093 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Gardenpat I love your quilt. Thank you Chris and everyone for whatever it is I'm getting. LOL!

J Lu

Posts: 1093 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I made a baby quilt yesterday -- start to finish, all from stash, used 2 yds of fabric.
I also made 3 sewing totes.
Not at home to take pics. I'm working on hand-sewing binding, too.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3643 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Sewlovetoquilt- having made a Weaver Fever quilt a few years ago, I have one piece of advice for you: don't work on it after 9 pm or if you're tired! Ask me how I know and I can probably unnerve you with descriptions of how misplaced those blocks can get just by placing them "off"by 1/4 turn!!!!!! Good luck with yours!!!

Pat

Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I finished a Halloween table runner...just in the nick of time! All stash, even the pattern! Smile

Posts: 5030 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I received my gift Chris thank you. I did not have any of those mags. It was very nice of you to clean out and recycle to me. I love mags.and Santa and Christmas.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Jill, your table runner is adorable!

Posts: 6745 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I probably should show the other side...it was stash too and I plan on using it for Thanksgiving!

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Love everyone's projects this month. I have finally gotten a few things done - here is a small wall hanging quilt I am sending to Tory for her art quilt auction.

Posts: 2902 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
And here is a messenger bag I made. I had this material for about four years before I did anything with it, now I wish I had a lot more of it. I have used this bag this week and for some reason I get strange guys who want to 'read' my bag while I am on the train coming to work in the mornings!

Posts: 2902 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Here is my favorite section of the material because you know, when I think of how to keep 'the home fires burning' I always think of sewing. LOL

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Who would have thought a "purse" would be a way to pick up guys!!!!!

Just couldn't resist, headielamar!

Don't you just hate it when you buy a fabric because you like it but don't know what you are going to use it for, and when you finally go to use it years later, wish you had bought more?

Really neat projects again this month... Chris

Posts: 6229 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Loving all the cool projects posted this month!

Here's my all stash including batting and backing quilt. This is for a baby boy named Oxford who is due in Dec. They had his baby shower Sunday. Momma was thrilled with the quilt. She's using Route 66 as his nursery theme. l had 4 pieces of that fabric left over from another quilt and "waaa-laaaa!" a quilt was formed. LOL

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9586 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok, the list is updated Smile

AngelaC - if the s2t quilt is "mostly from stash", then it qualifies.

I've gotten some projects finished but they haven't been from stash Frown

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5142 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Again I want to thank you all for my gift for the September Stash Buster.

J Lu

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
To the first page... Chris

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Will Quilt for Chocolate: very cute runner but the dog is even cuter!!

Posts: 194 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! He is one half of the team I call the "gruesome twosome!". Lol! We have a female beagle too!

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
This is a total of 3 yards out of my stash. yea. but I also added 5 yards to my stash.I know that is not the way it is to go. Oh well it happens.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3588 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I finally am back in my sewing room. After buying scads of fabric at the Linus Project fabric sale last weekend with KC1930, I'm now inspired to sew, sew, sew.
First I had to hem two sheets, fix some pants and a shirt and also a jacket. Then it was into my stash and to the drawing board to make the Microwave Bowl Holder from SewHappy's Oct 4th Partytime class.
I even tested mine with some rice using an old bowl that gets very hot when zapped. It worked perfectly. Thank you SewHappy for the easy class.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltbea,

Have a Good Day!

Posts: 13296 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... I'm late with the microwave bowl holder ... but I have one done from stash ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..here's the other side .... my grandson is using it and loves it ... has had in the mic and also to hold his icecream bowl ... he wants me to make more .. maybe his teachers will get them Smile

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... and while this is only a block it is a competed project - and it was a FUN block.... it's for one of our MB friends ... she only needed one ... it's 12.5"

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Love to see all the eye candy here.Finished is hard for me to come by Smile but I did it.Most of this fabric is from the BW bingo at Branson,the rest is from my stash too.I buy SS in the spring when they are super cheap!!! I made the white ruffle scarf too SmileKnitting weather here.That's my buddy Max butting in Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8972 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Jacky!! Maxie just has to get in the picture, doesn't he?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Haven't been on here in ages.. nice to see all the projects.

Have finally gotten back in the sewing room for a few minutes. Working on a kids quilt. Let's see does stash busting count if the back is from my DIL's stash, the batting is pieced from leftovers, the focus blocks are from someone in the quilting groups stash, and the 4-patches are from mine..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 8138 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Handie you could put serving bowls in the circled areas on your Spicy tablerunner. I loved the colors.

Posts: 8155 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
LOVE all the projects!!!

Wanted to share a pic of my 'WEAVER FEVER' that I finished! {this pic doesn't show the color very well cause the lighting was bad}

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I also finished this scrappy log cabin...DH wants it go I'm giving it to him! Big Grin

{again the lighting was bad so this doesn't show the colors like it should}

posted Hide Post
love that weaver fever, was it difficult?

Posts: 1111 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back Elainetoo and quiltbea!

Elainetoo - yes, of course that counts Big Grin

I will be away at the end of the month so cksvett will be doing the drawing and starting the new thread as well as sending out the prize. Thanks Chris!

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Well, I've done my 12 Days of Christmas gifts & Scraps to Treasures this month & between the 2 of them, I still have nothing I can show! And it was a lot of stash too! Smile

Posts: 4692 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
DebbiWI, no the WEAVER FEVER quilt wasn't hard...no seams to match...just a bit time consuming & you need to label ALL your rows to keep them in the right order!

I know you can do it!!! Big Grin

You can get the pattern on amazon:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...vm=bv.55123115,d.aWc

posted Hide Post
`I think I have the magazine that the weaver pattern came out in (I just have to fine it, lol). I forgot to post pics of the stash projects I got done, the first is Any Witch Way from Quiltmaker sept/oct 09. I've been going to make this since the magazine came out and finally decide to get this done! All stash, including the backing

Posts: 1111 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post