Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Barbara Brackman starts a new long-term project
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barbara Brackman starts a new long-term project Sign In/Join 
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
I'm working on the Sunflower block. It's very precise, I'm drawing the seams on the back of the fabric otherwise it won't work. I'm halfway done now.I find it not as hard as it seems but I'm not finished yet!

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
When making the Sunflower block you need to cut the A parts larger. My block ended up being 8 1/4" instead of 8 1/2 Frown
I'm not finished yet but have to run some errands, lucky me Big Grin

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's my Kansas Sunflower. It's not a masterpiece but it has to do!

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
Wow, it came out great!! Love how you handled it. Thank you for the "heads up" on piecing it!

Posts: 257 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sara and you're welcome!
Don't sew into the 1/4" seam or you will be in trouble Big Grin There's no way to avoind Y seams here unless you decide not to make this one! But I like the challenge and I'm happy with the result even if it's not perfect.

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's this weeks block. I called it Little Green Schoonhouse Big Grin

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
It's lovely Aneal! Love the roof, so European, it's perfect. You are so fast at piecing these! Go Girl, Go!!!! :-)

Posts: 257 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sara! Now it's your turn to show us some pictures Big Grin

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's block # 12 Little Boy's Breeches. Lots of Y seams!

posted Hide Post
Anel...love the name of this patch...your work is so pretty...looks perfect to me ...

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9893 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm the only one making these blocks!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
another one

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
and more

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
last one

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
Sweetie, I am trying to catch up! I am always behind everyone, it seems. Keep showing us your beautiful blocks. I love your colors!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
I'm behind too, still have two to catch up and today another one will be posted. I might be able to catch up next week? I hope so!

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Look at you guys!! Such beautiful work!!! I've got to catch up on my reading of the blocks, let alone start one! ha! Was kind of a wild ride around here for a bit...gotta get settled back down to get some sewing under my belt....but love watching your progresss!!!! Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8412 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael your blocks are so wonderful just beautiful..

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9893 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
And again I'm way behind!
Here's Girl's Joy

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Today I made two blocks:

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
and this one:

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
It seems I forgot a few blocks to post:

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
it looks like I forgot this one too

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
and here's Old Maid's Ramble

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
This is True Blue. It came out a bit too small and it's not perfectly square but once in the quilt nobody will notice!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
I finally made some blocks Smile
This is Broad Arrow

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
This is Granny's Choice

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
and this is Tinted Chains

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
You Go Girl! You are so far ahead of me! sigh Love your blocks and fabric choices!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sara! Did you post any of your blocks? Please do! I would love to see them Smile

posted Hide Post
Anael those are beautiful,you are going to have a wonderful quilt....

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Anael! You go girl!!! This is going to be one beautiful quilt. Smile your workmanship is exquisite!

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8412 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Anael you are doing so wonderful! Your blocks are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

PamSmile

Posts: 5696 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your blocks are beautiful!! I've enjoyed reading the history but haven't done any blocks, have too many projects already Smile

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post