Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Favorite fabric cutting machine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite fabric cutting machine Sign In/Join 
posted
I would love to know what is your favorite fabric cutting machine? Pros and cons? I m thinking of asking for one for Christmas.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Jun 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I am interested in this also. I was just reading in a magazine about the AccuQuilt GO! Baby. I just want it for cutting up my piles of scraps into usuable sizes.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1764 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lqs recommended not to get the Go Baby. Wasn't sure she just wanted to sell the bigger model (translated more expensive) instead of the less expensive model. Might be worth the extra **$ if it is to be used a lot.

Will be interested to see what all is posted.

Thanks for asking this.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6320 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I recently bought the Brother Scan N Cut - love it! I still have so much to learn but couldn't be happier. I love that no cartridges are needed and I can download designs, quotes, shapes onto a memory stick.

I got mine at Sew Unique in Springfield, Illinois

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I have the Silhouette Cameo, but have not used it yet.....NO TIME, unless I get off this computer. LOL

No dies, you can scann things then cut them out. You must use your computer and or printer to do this. If you google this you will find lots of info. Even comparisions.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3060 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Our library has the Accuquilt Studio model and I used it for applique cuts. Loved it but hated lugging my fabric there. So I bought the Accuquilt Go fabric cutter about $300.( I noticed a recent cut in price since the scan and cut came out. I have used it a few time and I like to cut circles and hexagons. The problems with it is the dies are expensive most are over $40. and with out the dies the machine is useless. The real reason I bought it was to cut accurate squares and it came with the GO! Value Die which includes the 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 square and I bought the 6 1/2 in. square another $30. The problem the last two quilts I made I needed 4 3/4 squares. The Hexagon is the same size as my E paper pieces so If I use the paper pieces I still have to go with the old way of cutting the fabric a quarter inch larger by hand. I do want the 2 1/2 stripper but at this point I am just going to the library and using their dies. If I had to do it over again I would go with the scan and cut. SmileWhen Hubby buys a new expensive toy. I might just feel justified in having one. Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3164 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Any more thoughts or comments are more than welcome. I think for my purposes and pocket book the Brother scan n go may be the right fit. I am going to look up info on the silhouette as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barbriellen:
Thanks for the info. Any more thoughts or comments are more than welcome. I think for my purposes and pocket book the Brother scan n cut may be the right fit. I am going to look up info on the silhouette as well.

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I have the large brothers scan and cut. I love it, can cut any shape and size with no dies and don't need a computer or printer for it. Well worth the money.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3572 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
I have a question to those of you who have the brother scan and cut. Can you cut strips or like 4inch squares with it, or is it just shapes?

Posts: 5533 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
sprmom, We can cut strips from 1 inch to 12 inch wide can't go any wider. and from 1 inch to 24 inches in length. any squares that will fit on the 12 by 12 inch mat or the 12 by 24 inch mat. I cut out the chickens with it. no dies were used.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3572 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5533 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Handie Ann:
I have the large brothers scan and cut. I love it, can cut any shape and size with no dies and don't need a computer or printer for it. Well worth the money.

Thank you. I am leaning toward the Brother.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Handie Ann:
sprmom, We can cut strips from 1 inch to 12 inch wide can't go any wider. and from 1 inch to 24 inches in length. any squares that will fit on the 12 by 12 inch mat or the 12 by 24 inch mat. I cut out the chickens with it. no dies were used.

I love your chickens!! Very cute!