Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  New Fish ready!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fish ready!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted
Hey fisherladies! The new fishy is up and ready. Who will be first to put their fish in the ocean this month?

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/bompdf/Wf_7_temps.pdf

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4056 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
All downloaded...thanks for posting!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder! I am so excited about the new BOM Dog Days! I might have to buy the pattern, I am not sure i can wait that long to have them all.
http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/boms.html

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5097 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fish looks so cute. Will be waiting to see how you ladies make your fish. Have fun. Sue

Posts: 1573 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Thank youSmile Have printed it out ... maybe this week.

Posts: 386 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Katie, I didn't see your post sorry. I deleted my post. I looked yesterday for it, but must have missed it. When I talked to Sister Sue she told me it was up and that you posted it. Good thing someone did.
I'm going to print out the directions and then choose my colors.
Sue said she was so interested in these fish she should have started with us, I told her to get her fabric out and start. We'll see if she does.

Posts: 8072 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
I had full intentions of doing these, then hit a weird spot in my world and stopped sewing/being cretive totally for about 4 months... Confused But, now, I want to get back on track and STILL want to do these fish!!! Red Face: When?? Don't know, but even if I wait till the new year (like Brandy, might have to buy the pattern to get the ones I missed..... I will make this quilt!!

love, love, love the ones I've seen and really want to do this!! Thanks for posting the reminder and getting me back on track!!! ((hugs)) Appreciate it! Wink

Posts: 2341 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Patty = no worries.

LL - aren't they just the cutest thing?

Mine is done and I'm working on the picture (always a problem for me!) I've been using Steam a Seam 2, but can't seem to find it. So I used Wunder Under by the yard and I had a heck of a time getting the paper to release without taking the tacky stuff with it. Frustrating.

Hopefully will have a photo tonight to post. TADA!!!! Not too bad. I didn't care for that one fin so I left it off. My fish, right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: katiemedarlin,

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4056 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Funny, but I cut mine out last night and guess what ... I am using similar colours. Great minds think alike? Only have to stitch him into the ocean now. I love your fish, and the missing fin isn't missed.

Posts: 386 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
What missing fin??

Wink

Posts: 2341 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Henri is ready for the ocean Smile

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
How funny is that? Great minds and all that, right? Henri is a lovely fish.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
Cute fishies!! And about leaving that one fin off...why didn't I think of that??? I like yours with the fin off. Oh well, its done and I don't think it bothers me enough to rip it off! Funny thing with piecing with patterns and directions for me...I am so worried about following the directions it doesn't occur to me that I can make changes but when I am making my own design in an art quilt, I cut and move things all of the time without a thought. hmmm.

Anyhoo, fishy is finished and pix taken...will go reduce it and be back in a flash...

Posts: 3465 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here he is...ready for the holiday tomorrow!

Didn't really plan to do R/W/B but that is how it worked out!

Posts: 3465 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I had them layed out thought I'd take another pix of them to share...

Would love to see more of everyone's blocks together...if you are interested in sharing?

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm the slacker this month, haven't even chosen fabrics yet.
Alex, love your RWB fish
Shirlyn, Henri will be the toast of the town
Katie, your purple one minus the fin looks great.
Guess I'd better get going on this, Think I'm looking at orange. Hmmmmm

Posts: 8072 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, all 3 fish are so cute. I love the different colors and really like when each fish has a name. Great job. Sue

Posts: 1573 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I want you all to meet: drum roll.....
Lucky Lucy
named by Sister Sue.
I'm loving all the fish that are finished, anyone else working on theirs??
Gees, I'm not right, forgot to post the fish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

posted Hide Post
Lucky Lucy looks so cute and the eyelash eye is perfect. Sue

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Pretty colors - but they eyelashes definitely make her!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I agree, I love those little eyelash eyes. Now if I could just find them a tad larger I'd use them.

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Wow alexemmarose your fish is wonderful ... I like your different backgrounds.
And Lucky Lucy ... well!! She looks like she knows a secret or two ... gorgeousSmile

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok girls here's my O say can you see my fishy

J Lu

Posts: 1035 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
JLu, love your fish. Like how you oriented it so it was swimming down, good idea, can I steal it? (the idea not your fish LOL)

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oh course you can steal. I love the fish that's smiling. I may have to steal that idea. They all look like they have their own personality already. We went to the Aquarium this weekend. I've never been, you live somewhere all your life and never get to see the attractions. Huh! Anyway the fish were so beautiful and they looked like ours all different colors and shapes. I could not get over the one that was all pastels. You know his work when you see his eye for color. I am a believer.

J Lu

Posts: 1035 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Nice one, Jan. Love that background.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
J Lu- love the way you used your color combination for your fish. Great job. Sue

Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
Visiting an aquarium while doing this project!! What a way to create even more variety of fish!! Smile That is a great plan..... now I want to go!! Wink

posted Hide Post
Patty J and J Lu, your fishies are great!

Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
are we too late for the parade?

Posts: 2155 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Oh, a patriotic fish - awesome!!!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
EBGQ- we can have a parade of fish this month. Just love how your fish turned out. Great job. Sue

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Never too late for the parade. EBGQ, nice looking fish. Perfect water fabric. Now we have 'till the end of the month to wait for the next pattern. It is getting hard for me to wait.

posted Hide Post
Nice fishy!! I am loving this sew-along...can hardly wait for the next month! It is so fun to see how different they all look with our different colors and values...

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Love them they are all so cute!

J Lu

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Only 6 July fish in the ocean?? Tomorrow is the last day for the free July pattern to be available. So you still have time to download the pattern. Anyone else want to join???

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
All the fish are gorgeous.

Posts: 15321 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post