Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  You gotta see these Featherweights!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You gotta see these Featherweights! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted
A blog that I read included this link. OMG!! I want one in about a half dozen colors!!!!

http://www.keelersales.com/servlet/Detail?no=659

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6603 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am usually a bit of a purist about the FW's, but I have to say some of these are kinds nice.

Posts: 420 | Registered: Jan 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I have two maybe it's time for one of these?

Posts: 3352 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
WOW, these are gorgeous

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Didja see the price?! Eek

I do need to have my mom's old machine repainted. It's not a Featherweight, tho. The FW I bought from a friend (well, rescued from her yard sale pile) is in fine shape as is.

Posts: 5832 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'd like a red one please Smile

Posts: 6606 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Since I have one in original condition...

I needed chocolate to calm down from that pretty show!

Posts: 17081 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I have my Mom's and could never paint it. I just bought a red coffee maker on a lark but I think sewing on a red machine would make my eyes twitch LOL!

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7514 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a man in Memphis who restores FWs. He will paint them these same colors, but only if they are beyond restoring the original finish. He really has some gorgeous ones, and not that pricey.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Everything says out of stock.I need my cord redone,shame on me for thinking my electrician son could rewire it Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8944 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a fire engine red FW, but I am unwilling to spend that kind of money for it. Oh well, guess I'll just be dreaming about it.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4056 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, I think they're overpriced too, but aren't those colors just luscious????

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6603 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
WOW,,I'll take one of each! lol

Had a class today and one lady was telling us she bought her new machine because her old one died. She decided she needed a new one...DH told her to clean out the space and she could get one...so she did. She threw out her old Brother...AND.....her old "metal one" that was her grandmothers. After all...it's only been sitting in the basement collecting dust for 20 years!! She put them at the curb, went into the house to get another load and when she returned, the machines were already picked up! Are you ready?.....it was a featherweight!! She "guesses" it still worked...but it was so old, who would want it!!?? lol....oh my...some people have NO idea what they have!!

Posts: 4252 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Those FW's are so pretty! And I like that they are so hardy and rarely need repairs too.

Omma, it hurts me just a little to hear of someone putting an old "metal one" at the curb. But thankfully, it was quickly rescued. I hope the new owner coaxes it back to life with a good cleaning and oil.

Posts: 3602 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm a traditional girl & really like the traditional color....LOVE my lil blk one!

Omma, I wish I lived near that lady....she didn't know or care what she had....SOOO SAD!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6796 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Oh, the dark blue is tugging at my heart. So glad there isn't one for sale. With the process to referb them, I think it is a reasonable price... Chris

Posts: 6112 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nancywife I would love to have the name of the man in Memphis that restors fw. I have one in need

Posts: 395 | Registered: Nov 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've just sent him a PM (he's on another board). I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Navywife. I was given a fw that has problems and would love to have it restored

Posts: 395 | Registered: Nov 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I love my FW! I did like the red one though. I wouldn't pay his prices for sure. I got mine off ebay and then took it to a local dealer. For $100.00 he spit cleaned that baby and now she purrs like a kitten!.

I met a guy at the Branson quilt show we went to that did nothing but FW's. I don't know if I still have his card. Anyone remember him??

Pam

Posts: 5825 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I do remember him.I had his card for awhile to as I'd really like to get the cord fixed and get her a cleaning.Hope to find someone closer.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8944 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post