Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Organizer Solved - Thanks JeepDarla
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Organizer Solved - Thanks JeepDarla Sign In/Join 
Picture of PatV82
posted
For a month I have followed the thread by Jeepdarla about a mysterious organizer's true goal in life. Thank you for the entertaining thread. Everyone's ideas have been great (but the photo with the passport might get you kicked off the tour bus) I have learned for myself to always include a personal note with my handmade gift.

And here is Grams5 with the solution:

By Grams5:
"The pattern was in the Sew It magz, it cost 3.99, you put rulers in it to take to classes and it hangs on your chair. They also have a Quilt It magz. Hancocks sales them or they can be found at book stores,all of thier magz. are 3.99 they make a few other ones for other crafts."

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Is this the magazine? If so, which issue?

http://sewittoday.com/backissues/

Not sure how that organizer holds big rulers. I wonder if it was meant for take-along size?

Posts: 6060 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
My thanks to everyone for their creative ideas on what it could be used for.

I knew I would eventually get an answer on this board...always do!..but I never imagined it would go on for so long!

That is definitely the most views I will ever get from a post, lol!

To top things off, I really doubt that I would ever use the organizer. I usually try to get by with a minimum of supplies when sewing away from home (too lazy to put it all away again when I get back)

I sort of liked Devonnes idea of a candy organizer! I could fill it up and wear it under my coat when I go to the movies!

Posts: 3129 | Location: kentucky | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Now that is something we didn't think about. Now if it would just hold a soda and popcorn, I'd be all set. Smile Smile

Posts: 8174 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3129 | Location: kentucky | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laughing my hiney off! I posted that I had seen it somewhere. That somewhere was sitting in my sewing room all the time! Just where Gram5 said it was. Sew it today Aug/Sept 2013 issue. Feeling so silly. Smile In the magazine it really does make sense for rulers and a pattern or two. Smile Too funny.

Posts: 530 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
oh now, that's a fab idea! hang that on your chair and it will be empty in no time!! This should remind us, when a gift is given we should add a little note to what it is. but then, people would actually have to read it. some don't. ask me how I know...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: native Texan,

CC

Posts: 4685 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kay53
posted Hide Post
like the snack bag better. awesome idea. you'll have lots of new friends.

Posts: 30 | Location: mo | Registered: Sep 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post