Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Kansas Karens meet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kansas Karens meet Sign In/Join 
posted
I was at work today when a lady walked in the store and said they were passing through town, and saw the quilt shop. She then says, I'll bet your name is Karen. I said yes, and she said "are you KSKaren from the HGTV board? Turns out it was Wildcatmom!! We had a nice chat, she found some things she couldn't live without, took a picture, and she was headed on down the road.

She will share the picture once she gets home from her travels in a few days.

What a pleasant surprise I had today! Thanks Karen!

Posts: 227 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Apr 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How FUN! I LOVE meeting quilty friends Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
What fun!! Big Grin

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
How cool is that! Smile

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So...which store and where? I live just south of Overland park KS. Maybe I can stop and say hi!

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
That's great, I live in Leawood!

Posts: 449 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stitch & Chatter in Stockton, KS. We are half way between Kansas City and Denver on Highway 24, and 46 miles north of Hays.

Karen was on her way home from Colorado and taking the scenic route!

Posts: 227 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Apr 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
How cool is that!!

Posts: 6455 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16562 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Hello again, Karen! Such fun, and what I neat little shop. I love meeting friends from here to have a face to go with a name. The newbies at COF just had this fun, too. I sure hope I didn't scare you at first.
We had a son get married in Colorado, and our obligations were done, so we've been spending extra time with other family along the way home.
Still many miles from home, but will post photo once I get home and get them downloaded. Had supper with special friend I made that one particular purchase for. Wink She's got a surprise coming.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wildcatmom,

~karen Wave

Posts: 3150 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
love it!!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8431 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Hi everybody! We've made it home, and the car's unloaded...working on laundry & the list of things pended till after the wedding. Roll Eyes
Here'a a photo of KSKaren and me.(wildcatmom)

Back when I first registered here at the HGTV Message boards, my name was KS/Karen, so when KSKaren came onboard, it caught my eye...in addition to her wonderful quilts. So glad it worked out for us to meet. Smile

~karen Wave

kskaren & wildcatmom

Posts: 3150 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Wanna see the goodies I picked up?
....I'm sure you do...see the Maxine quilt in the 1st photo? I couldn't resist getting a kit w/all those fabrics, plus some extra Maxine, and also some pretty purple backing fabric.
It wasn't till we were down the road a while, the RWB strip swap came to mind. Roll Eyes, so I'll HAVE to go shopping again!!! Wish Stitch & Chatter was closer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wildcatmom,

~karen Wave

maxine kit

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Karen what a great picture of both of you Karens. How fun for you to meet!

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Great photo!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post