Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ● Ninth..Annual Scraps to Treasures Challenge ● Peeks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

● Ninth..Annual Scraps to Treasures Challenge ● Peeks Sign In/Join 
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Cute. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 1849 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2727 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Love that acorn and the beautiful vine.

I have sewn all of my components. Design wall is next. Oooooh boy, that may take a while.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6655 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I'm making great progress this year.

I also have a surprise. Linda WI did not finish her quilt in time for the show last year either. She did, however, beat me in getting it done. Great Job Linda!

If you would like to see a bigger version, I have added it to the photo album.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9738 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous!

Posts: 537 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Linda! Thanks for remembering to share when you finished Smile

Posts: 4690 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Linda, congrats on finishing it.

Posts: 8136 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Awesome! That is a whole lot of flying geese!

Posts: 416 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Linda, that is spectacular! You really used all of those fabrics to their best advantage. Thanks for sharing it.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6655 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fabulous quilt, Linda. Looks like a lot of little pieces.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LindaWI
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the nice compliments. I'm just glad it's finally finished. This years quilt will be finished on time I promise Smile

Posts: 256 | Location: Southern WI | Registered: Aug 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2727 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great look quilt!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
How's everyone doing on this years quilt?

I spent a couple hours yesterday working on a layout and deciding what of the extra fabric allowed I need to use.

Sigh.. how long do we have to get this completed... even started!

Posts: 8136 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
i am doing the part i like least -- the quilting! It is going to take me until October to get it done...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5135 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Due date is October 3, 2014. Our first entry arrived this week. It is actually in my hands, because she has graciously donated it for the MDA Quilt Raffle. Big Grin At this point, I am not going to reveal whose it is just yet, in case someone on the board wins it. I can assure you it is a beauty!

I've had to let my quilt sit a bit so I can finish the quilting on the raffle quilts. It's on the design board just waiting for me to get back to it.

Here is another interesting peek to get your imagination flowing.

Posts: 9738 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I woke up thinking about it. All the pieces of what I received are cut. Must cut extra pieces now. I know what I'm doing (that's a change). Have 3-4 things to finish before starting to sew. Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8897 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
1/4" sashing? That's going to be a fun job.

Spent more time yesterday on the layout and cutting.. think I'm ready to sew.. but when?!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
I have one row sewn together! Hope to get another one done today.

posted Hide Post
How generous. Very productive challenger.

Have my top done, now to finish the quilting.

Love seeing photos.

Rondi

Posts: 1564 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm not liking mine. Thinking about scrapping it and starting over...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5135 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● DON'T YOU DARE!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I wished you lived closer so I can pick your brain for ideas, techniques and ways to quilt this and other stuff...

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Lori, send me a photo and I'll see what I can do. Wink

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Now that the MDA event is over, I can concentrate on my quilt. Big Grin

Quilter Jen, CONGRATULATIONS on your new job! Sure hope you will have time to work on your quilt.

Today's peek shows us just how organized you can be.

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Oh good heavens, who does that? My compliments for being so organized. This from someone who just unearthed her 6" x 24" ruler on her table after several weeks of looking for it. I really did think I had taken everything off the table, but ..............

Components are done, but design wall is not happening yet. I have had a terrible stomach bug, and I cannot even think straight.

Congratulations, Quilter Jen on the job! I know how hard it is to go months on a job hunt. It makes those workdays a lot sweeter when you truly appreciate them.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Someone got organized!

Seems hard finding time to work on the challenge this year. The first few times participating, jumped on this project immediately and was done months ahead. Not so lately. Creativity doesn't seem to come quite so quickly.

Hope all are enjoying this challenge and getting close to finishing.

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Enjoying the challenge, have a bit to do but I am making good progress and shouldn't be right down to the wire like last year.

posted Hide Post
CQ- I am behind as well...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling like I can finish and not be stressing in the final days. Still a long way to go, but my plan seems to be working at the moment.

Keep on stitching, ladies!

Smile

Posts: 5055 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● It's been a very busy week for me. I'm treating myself to a Quilt Show today. Big Grin

Lisa, I almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Made some serious progress on mine today Big Grin.

Posts: 1849 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Mine looks absolutely awesome. Oh wait!!!! That is the picture in my head. I hope it transfers to fabric close to what I envision.

Posts: 2590 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Jean, hope you enjoyed the quilt show, sorry I couldn't join you. The wedding reception was very nice but a quilt show with you would have been more fun. (not a family wedding a coworker's wedding)

My quilt top and back are finished and ready to be quilted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CQwannabe,

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Joni, that sounds just like mine. Wink I had a break through though. My design was missing something and I couldn't put my finger on it for the longest time. And then, it came to me and I am on my way for a fantastic finish!

Yippee for CQ! The show was nice, it is a machine quilting show only. No hand quilting allowed. It's amazing how much quilting some of those ladies can get on a quilt. Got some good ideas and played with the big machines. Can't wait until one of them will be mine.

Peeks have been a bit slow lately, but I did manage to find a new one.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh, love all the blues in that peek.

posted Hide Post
I just started cutting this week. Have been busy finishing up a king size quilt that was requested by a family member. We've also been out of town quite a bit. Had originally thought I was going to go with one of 2 ideas but a third idea popped in my head while doing the other quilt so now I'm committed. Started cutting and sewing. It will be close on getting it done in time.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I made some good progress in the past 10 days or so. Can't wait to get more of mine done, so that I don't end up in a crunch.

It feels strange to be without my ladybug avatar. It was a link and a while back it stopped working. Since we just got two puppies, I decided to try out a pup for my avatar. Smile

Posts: 5055 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Wow, Mquiltz is just starting. Good Luck with the new idea. You do realize there are only six weeks left? I hope everyone is on track. Mine is coming along nicely.

I could use some more peeks ladies.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Now what is that going to turn out to be?

EEKS!!! six weeks left!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
6 weeks, huh? I had some smaller projects that needed finishing up...still debating whether to make my October Mystery Sister block to get it out of the way before I "really" start this. I haven't picked up any extra time at work, except for 4hrs on a couple of days that I was already scheduled to work. And, I even have one extra day off. I should be able to do this! Big Grin

The math is done & extra fabrics have been picked. Next step, pressing the extras & start cutting!

Posts: 4690 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Somebody was busy ...

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Ah, that looks like it's not far from finishing. Wish I were that far!

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
My quilt is back from the quilter just need to put the binding on it! I am so happy to be on time this year.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Working on my binding now, too.

posted Hide Post
Mine has been sitting in the same state as it was a month ago- work + family illness + finishing yard projects that HAVE to get done before winter... no time to sew.

Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Making some progress on mine. I think I like will like it.

Posts: 2590 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Not much chatter lately. I hope that means you all are working diligently on your quilts. The COUNTDOWN begins. We only have 34 days to finish them up. My top is almost finished. I'm hoping to start quilting it this week.

A few more peeks arrived this week. Please remember to STOP, and take a photo every now and again to send to me. Wink

This is my favorite of the bunch. Smile

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
after drawing patterns, tossing those ideas and drawing new designs, I came up with something I liked. I now have blocks; need to sash, come up with a layout plan, sew and take to quilter. She wanted it on Aug 15th.
I also have binding made, but I sorta cheat...I sew all the leftovers together and use them on my scrappy quilts. I have 3 rolls of binding, hoping this project won't use it all Smile.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3642 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Great news Motqltr, after seeing your other post I was afraid you wouldn't finish this year. I had a really hard time not responding to that one. So happy to hear it worked out for you.

33 days to go