Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ● Ninth..Annual Scraps to Treasures Challenge ● Peeks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

● Ninth..Annual Scraps to Treasures Challenge ● Peeks Sign In/Join 
Picture of jayardi
posted
● ● ● Everyone should have had a chance to at least look at and pet their squares by now. What do you think? I've got two ideas in my head and not sure which one to go with yet. But, I do promise to finish this one and last years before the deadline.

I know Gonesewin is practically done already, but I would like to know how the rest of you are doing. Do you have a design picked yet? Have you started cutting? I'm still playing with the colors. Hoping that will help me figure out which one I want to use.

● Please post all new replies on this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9792 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Black and white version.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

Posts: 9792 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● And ... our first peek.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I can't help myself! I LOVE this challenge Big Grin

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5203 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Progress?!
looked at blocks
played with them
sorted 3Xs
cut 1
put aside to finish a graduation and a wedding quilt that needs to been completed by 6/2 and 6/21.
Then the fun begins.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 741 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've played with mine and have 50% of my plan done, but have other sewing commitments (mug rug, row exchange, May BOM, etc.) first, and trying to finish fencing and sprinklers before summer hits.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
I have my plan, quilt drawn out, "many" pieces cut, and about a 1/4" of the piecing sewn.

Posts: 2736 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LindaWI
posted Hide Post
I have an idea but no cutting as of yet. Hope to start this week.

Posts: 256 | Location: Southern WI | Registered: Aug 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Trying to decide.

Posts: 4347 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
I bought a new blade today .. It's a start !!!!

Posts: 1194 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I just got mine on Friday. I've looked. I have two ideas. No sense yet which way to go.

A new blade is a great start. Maybe I should try that!

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6678 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I have to go to the main HGTV site to get here now and I can't always log in. I have a good idea of what I want to do but won't start till mid June when we get back from Yellowstone. Next two weeks are end of school madness, getting a swap done and Sunshine Quilter blocks.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QuilthappyMaryWI
posted Hide Post
I have sorted my squares many times, I do not have a plan yet. The last few weeks have been busy since I have decided to retire and my last day at work is May 30th. I should be able to get to it after that.

Posts: 67 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
I have a plan and hope to execute it soon. I've been sick and traveling. Bad combination. But now I am ready to get back to sewing.

Posts: 2598 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, QhMW! That sounds like a fantastic way to start the summer.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6678 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayardi:
● ● ● And ... our first peek.

Nice choice of fabrics. Smile

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pattern; I have sorted squares into units and they are ready to cut. I won't get back to them until July as we will be traveling for much of June.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
I'm on vacation visiting the grands ! It's awesome.

Posts: 4347 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Not liking mine. will have to rip some out...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5203 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how I have been missing this post. I have some cutting done and a pattern in mind.

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Been plugging away on my little quilt. I had hoped to share a bunch of peeks, but it seems there aren't as many here as I thought. Frown

Oh well, I will share what I have. Peek Number Two...

posted Hide Post
My first cuts have been made!!!!

Posts: 1194 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
I have reached the point of no return, made some final cuts with no room for error. Will do some sewing this weekend hope my plan works and my math was correct!!!

Posts: 2736 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● How is everyone doing? It's going to be another week before I can get started. Forgot about the next wedding coming up next weekend. I'll be busy making another set of placemats. I'll probably start on the next set right away too, just to to get it out of the way. THEN I'll be able to play with this. {phew}

Today's peek - someone started cutting ...

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
All of the pieces I received are cut. Now to find my extra goodies and cut them. Yum. Delicious!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9036 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Bumping up...I have done some sewing on my quilt this week. I have been trying to sew 20-30 mins in the morning before work.

posted Hide Post
Like Jody I've been trying to get a little done each day.. I actually can say I have a few blocks completed!

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I'm still working on other commitments, but should be able to start working on this pretty soon. I have to say I am pretty excited to see it come to life. What about you... are you excited with yours?

Peek No. 3

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
I like the peek. No sewing this weekend I was at an agility trial but next weekend is open for sewing. I am very excited about this challenge quilt.

posted Hide Post
WOW...i dont remember seeing that piece of fabric in my group...better check again for the swirly one !

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've gotten a little quilting done on mine but I've put it away for a little while to get some other projects finished.

I also don't remember that fabric. I like it. I must remember to look for it.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● The reason you don't remember it is because, it is probably one of her BONUS SQUARES, or it could be part of a FQ.

It's funny that you should comment on a specific fabric. I was thinking of a new peek idea just the other day. My thought was to see what each of you has done with a specific fabric. Are you game? Send me a peek by Friday of the fabric pictured below. I will post the peeks over the weekend and each peek will get a BONUS pair of BONUS SQUARES.

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice to see peeks.

Like you're new peek idea Jean. Unfortunately, other then the first look, haven't seen my squares since. Don't even have a plan.

Hectic time of the year, so much going on. Haven't done any quilting in a month. sigh...

Posts: 8198 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice idea! Now I have to see if I used that fabric yet...

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QuilthappyMaryWI
posted Hide Post
I have a plan, actually I an working on the second plan. First one was not working. Good thing I was trying it out on my own fabric first. Second plan is working and I have most of the fabric cut and started sewing. By the way so far I love retirement.

Posts: 67 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Peeks are coming in, but I could use a few more, please.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I like your peek idea also.
I have of for 6 days the end of June and decided to have my own little mini quilt retreat and this is the project I will be working on!

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Peeks already?!? Eek

I hope to get started on mine soon.

Posts: 5091 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Hello Ladies, we have some pretty exciting peeks for you this weekend. Big Grin There is still time to get your peeks in. Right now, I only have about 12 with the current fabric, thank you. So get sewing and send yours in. I'm extending the BONUS through Sunday.

Our first peek is actually two. I was going to make a joke about this one because we have an expert yo-yo maker in our mist, but there are two of you who are tackling these beauties. I wonder how similar their quilts will be.

posted Hide Post
Great minds must think alike! Sent an e-mail to you, Jean- BUT I used my gmail account and not my hotmail since Hotmail is down (so it might go to your SPAM mail)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quilter Jen,

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Got it Jen, thank you. I was going to post another peek last night, but got sidetracked.

Let's get this ball rolling...

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
You sure are up early! But what a nice way to wake up this morning Smile

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Yo Yo's... people are ambitious. Love the pinwheel block!

Great start to a Saturday.

Posts: 8198 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Yoyo's are cool. My buds and I saw demos of them being done with yoyo makers on our quilt shop hop. Nice peeks!

Keep them coming, Jean!

Posts: 428 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ●
quote:
Keep them coming, Jean!
Only way I can do that is if you send in more peeks. Wink

Now here is a cool one. I especially like that she didn't chop off the big black dot. I completely forgot about that technique.

posted Hide Post
That is a cool technique. I also like how she centered the red dots to curve-adds great movement to the circle

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Looks like this one is going to be really scrappy.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Oops, almost lost track of time again. Maybe I should set my alarm for the next one.

I wonder what the plan is for this one. Any guesses?

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Oh my, that's a lot of trimming. Sure don't envy her.