Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along - Block #8 - WINNER posted!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along - Block #8 - WINNER posted! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted
Our prize sponsor this round is a quilt shop in Virginia who gave me a 99.00 quilt kit to be used as one of the prizes. I will have to make a photo of it and update the shop name once I get home this weekend from my 2 week excursion to Bama.

Merry Merry Snowmen Sew Along!!

Pattern designed by Anne Sutton, of Bunny Hill Designs

Merry Merry Snowmen - Size 62 x 66 inches

During the sew along, you will all have a time frame to complete each block. Completed means -- complete -- It does not mean applying fusible to your pieces and ironing them down only. It means adding the stitches around your pieces that anchor them to the blocks. Please play fair.

You will be uploading a photo of your completed block on a pre-selected day here on the forum so we can share with the other members not in the sew along. A Flickr Group has been started for our blocks and you all will be able to upload your photos there as well. Just follow this link to our group and as you upload your photo, you will be added to the group. http://www.flickr.com/groups/merrymerrysnowmen/

Everyone who finishes their blocks by the schedule will be put in to a drawing to win a prize. First name drawn will win the current prize. Some of the prizes have been listed and others will be listed as I know what they will be. I have a few sponsors and un-sponsored monthly prizes will come from the prize kitty.

You can not win the prize more than once in a 3 month period. We still expect you to work on your blocks for the next 2 current months though and share photos just as you had been doing.

At the end when all blocks are finished, everyone will then have a time frame to get their blocks in to quilt top form. A winner will be drawn from all who post their photo by the specified time.

After that everyone will have a time frame to get their quilt finished and bound. Everyone who completes this will be put in a drawing for a much nicer prize and the name drawn will win.

A 12th and final prize will be given to the name drawn from all eligible entries of those who took part 100%. 100% means that you made each block and uploaded a photo of it by each deadline. You were never late and you finished your quilt by the end time permitted.

Here is the schedule I have set up in order for us to have our quilts finished and ready to use for Christmas 2013.

I will start a brand new thread for each installment. PLEASE do not upload any other photos but the current block we are working on. Thank you.

March 1 - March 26 --- Photos of BLOCK #1 are due to post on March 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

March 26 - April 20 --- Photos of BLOCK #2 are due to post on April 20th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Stitch and Frame. www.stitch-n-frame.net

April 20 - May 15 --- Photos of BLOCK #3 are due to post on May 15th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Bunny Hill Designs. http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.com

May 15 - June 8 --- Photos of BLOCK #4 are due to post on June 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Stitch and Frame. www.stitch-n-frame.net

June 8 - July 2 --- Photos of BLOCK #5 are due to post on July 2nd by 7 a.m. Eastern time - Prize will come from the prize fund and will be a 30.00 gift certificate to Connecting Threads. http://www.connectingthreads.com/Quilting.cfm

July 2 - July 26 --- Photos of BLOCK #6 are due to post on July 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Quilts Like Crazy in Wake Forest, NC is our prize sponsor this round. She is gifting (2) 15.00 gift certificates! 2 winners this round! http://quiltslikecrazy.com

July 26 - August 20 --- Photos of BLOCK #7 are due to post on August 20th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

August 20 - September 14 --- Photos of BLOCK #8 are due to post on September 14th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 99.00 quilt kit.

September 14 - October 8 --- Photos of BLOCK #9 are due to post on October 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop.
www.fatquartershop.com

October 8 - November 5 --- Photos of completed quilt tops are to be posted on November 5th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. All sashing and borders have been applied and it is ready for quilting!

November 5 - December 7 --- Photos of finished quilts WITH binding are to be posted on December 7th by 7 a.m. Eastern time

Then --- ENJOY your brand new Christmas quilt!

IF you cannot upload photos to the forum you can email me a photo of your block and I can upload it for you. IF you need to do this do not wait until the last minute to email me the photo. ALL emailed photos should be in my inbox the day before they are due. This gives me time to re-size and get them posted on time.

I am keeping sheets here at home to keep up with who finished their blocks for each round. The symbols were getting too confusing.

Participants:

1. Mo.star
2. califshrimp
3. warmbuns
4. Kentucky Sunshine
5. elainetoo (Nancy)
6. yhtac
7. Mountain laurel
8. SCLady (Libby)
9. ddquilts (Dolores)
10. MyJack
11. wenonah (Jackie)
12. quiltaholic (Thearica)
13. headielamar (Lisa)
14. J Lu (Jan)
15. paus4quilts (Pauline)
16. Brandyquilter
17. crazy'boutquilts
18. shequilts (Sheila)
19. Meme Quilts (Mary)
20. mi. debbie (Debbie)
21. amiko (Darlene)
22. gremgramma
23. ivy_cottage81 (Karen)
24. mw8930 - (marj)
25. Gracie/Ohio
26. Shawkl (Kathy)
27. zeydrago
28. Ely (Elizabeth)
29. sprmom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25811 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
For the ones who have not finished blocks we have already been through... Remember, you can still get your name in the pot for 100% participation if you get them finished and post a photo.

There will be 2 - 100% - participation prizes in the end... One for those who were on time every time... and one for everyone who made all of the blocks, and finished their quilt top by the deadline.

So get busy, you have not been left behind. Smile

Here is the thread for posting ALL past blocks as you finish:

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...933949077#9933949077

Posts: 25811 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Here's block number eight. Can't believe that we are almost done with these blocks...and will be sad to see this fun stop!

The eyes of the snowmen in the trick look too large to me...but, then again they are blowing in the wind!

I thought about my daddy when working this block as he loved old trucks...and this block reminded me of an old style truck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawkl,

Posts: 4635 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Block number 8 rolling on in.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5530 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great blocks! Green truck, red truck, blue truck, I can't wait to see what other colors of truck we will have!

This block is one of the ones that I wasn't sure I liked. But once I decided on colors it became one of my favorites. I wish I had this truck in my garage!

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5095 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Block #8 Racing in

J Lu

Posts: 1008 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
I love those wheels on Brandyquilter's truck. This project has been a lot of fun.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Nice blocks ladies!!

Marj

Posts: 302 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Now this is the 4th attempt to post block 8. It is harder to post the pic than it is to make the post.

All the blocks are so awesome.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 728 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Cute! I have the background sewn and the template design drawn with the fabrics selected. Now to find time to work on it.

Posts: 8050 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to abandon you all for 2 weeks but I took Allie home and visited my family for a while, ending with a trip to Tupelo, MS to visit warmbuns for 2 days... Ely came down to go with me so she got to see 3 new states to her... She loved Alabama and its beautiful rolling hills and mountains..SO glad to be home though! Smile

Ely is working away on her blocks but not in the correct order... When she has some of the past blocks finished to show, we will upload her photos on that thread.

Participants:

1. Mo.star
2. califshrimp
3. warmbuns
4. Kentucky Sunshine
5. elainetoo
6. yhtac Smile
7. Mountain laurel
8. SCLady
9. ddquilts
10. MyJack
11. wenonah
12. quiltaholic
13. headielamar
14. J Lu Smile
15. paus4quilts
16. Brandyquilter Smile
17. crazy'boutquilts Smile
18. shequilts Smile
19. Meme Quilts
20. mi. debbie
21. amiko Smile
22. gremgramma
23. ivy_cottage81
24. mw8930
25. Gracie/Ohio
26. Shawkl Smile
27. zeydrago
28. Ely
29. sprmom Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Q, I promise to start back on mine. Sorry to be such a lagger. I am so glad you and Ely came by for a few days. I had so much fun.Next time we meet, we are going to get some sewing done.

I had to get up 4 times during the night last night thanks to that watermelon.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
We bought 1/2 bushel of peaches and 2 cantaloupes in Gaffney, SC and I ate 4 slices of the cantaloupe before bed... wrong thing to do. lol

posted Hide Post
here is block 8. Can't believe we are so close to the end. Now have to study how to put blocks together and quilt....Hope I am up to the challenge!!

Posts: 38 | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
The truck is my favorite block. Smile

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Everyone's blocks look so good~ I just love seeing the blocks in all the different colors~ and I can hardly wait to see your quilts! Smile

Here is my #8~ I had some great stitching time last month. Wink

Posts: 10488 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Good to see so many pretty blocks already. I have had computer problems and have been off the boards for a couple of weeks. I'll have to see if I have my pic on this computer or the one at home. I'll post as soon as I find it.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
congrats crazybout.. I saw where you won something online in blogland.. Did you see?

Kathy... I gave your info to Chelsey this morning so you should be getting your coupon code. Smile

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
quote:
congrats crazybout.. I saw where you won something online in blogland.. Did you see?

Thank you!~ I did! I won the Anne Sutton FQ bundle from FQS! Big Grin Whoohoo!

Posts: 10488 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Ok, here is my block 8.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Looking good ladies!

Participants:

1. Mo.star
2. califshrimp
3. warmbuns
4. Kentucky Sunshine
5. elainetoo
6. yhtac Smile
7. Mountain laurel
8. SCLady
9. ddquilts
10. MyJack
11. wenonah
12. quiltaholic
13. headielamar
14. J Lu Smile
15. paus4quilts
16. Brandyquilter Smile
17. crazy'boutquilts Smile
18. shequilts Smile
19. Meme Quilts Smile
20. mi. debbie
21. amiko Smile
22. gremgramma
23. ivy_cottage81
24. mw8930
25. Gracie/Ohio
26. Shawkl Smile
27. zeydrago
28. Ely
29. sprmom Smile

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Meme I love your block

J Lu

Posts: 1008 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
They all look great! And even though they are all the same you can see each individual personality in each of them.

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
I finally got a pic of the thread I got from Stitch n frame with my gift certificate. Three of them are variegated threads. I can't wait to try them.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 728 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dd quilts
posted Hide Post
I've not been able to complete the last few months on-time, but still plan to get caught up at some point. I love all the pics - looking good! We sold a house, moved to another, been busy getting settled, making new friends, oh yeah and started substitute teaching. Only time I sewed since early June was to fix a hem. Hope I don't forget how. LOL

Keep up the good work all.

dd

Posts: 269 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: Jun 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I have 1 1/2 blocks finished dd... I have been saying I will get caught up... but painting the upstairs threw a big whammy in that... But the rooms look great and I am about ready to show photos so it was worth the wait to work on the blocks. Smile

5 more days for block #8 ladies!

posted Hide Post
Love the snowmen on the side of you truck Meme! All the trucks look so cute.

I have al my blocks done and am stumped on quilting. I was going to quilt each block seperately but now I think I should put them together and go from there. My problem is I don't have the skills/confidence to quilt it the way I imagine it.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5095 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope I am posting this in the right thread. Here are the notions I purchased with my gift certificate from block 6. Now to learn how to use them correctly!
Thanks once again, this is such a fun learning project, Cathy

Posts: 38 | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
You can do it Brandy! Have confidence in yourself. Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
photos due by 7 am tomorrow on the 14th... Smile

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Curious as to when can we post block 9.

Thanks,

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
oops... beeen busy in my shop all day... forgot it was time.. I will have the new post and the winner posted in the morning. Hubby is hollering for me right now to spend time with him on the couch.. he went to the bathroom so I stole a quick peek.. lol

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Our prize sponsor for this round was a Virginia based quilt shop, Threads Run Through it owned by Lori Clayton. Please visit her shop and send her a message letting her know we appreciate her for the donation of this 99.00 quilt kit.

http://www.trtiwequilt.com/

If you would, it would be nice if you could choose at least 2 of our sponsors and let them know we truly do appreciate everything they have donated toward the sew along.

So far we have only had to use 30.00 of the monies left over after I paid for the patterns and paid the fee that Paypal charged me for you to pay for your pattern and other items you may have wanted. That leaves us more to use for the final 2 prizes! Smile

The winner of the quilt kit is none other than...

shequilts!!!

Please send me your name and address in a pm and I will mail this to you when I go to mail orders this week.

Congrats!!

Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Congratulations shequilts! Nice win.

Everyone's blocks are beautiful!

Posts: 302 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I went camping this past weekend and worked on mine. But it was block 7. I still got to embroider the snowmens orange noses to finish it up.

I think I will skip to nine so I can get my name in the pot for a prize.

Congratulations to everyone who is finished, keeping up, and winning prizes. This has been fun to follow and see all the different versions.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Nice going shequilts!
amiko

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
FOR real?!!!! I can't believe I won. I won, I won.

Thank you "Q" and everyone!!
I can't wait to start sewing. I think I will claim Sept. as my lucky month.
Thank again

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Congrats Shequilts it's beautiful.

J Lu

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I was so excited I didn't see the line to PM Q.
I'll still so excited to have won the quilt kit.

Can't wait to get it!!

Thank you again