Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Great Quilt Story .... A Must Read
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Quilt Story .... A Must Read Sign In/Join 
Picture of Twostep
posted
Ran across this interesting story ... I hope you’ll read about it. AND why labels are important.

http://annalenaland.com/2013/0...-county-quilt-story/

Posts: 6791 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I always say it is a small world and you always need to be on your best behavior as you never know who you will run into that knows someone who knows you. The intranet makes it some much more true.

Neat, neat story and she looks like she would be a fun person to know... Chris

Posts: 6122 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Great story! Quilters are good people.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful story! I especially enjoyed reading it because Pulaski County is not far from where I live.

Posts: 6581 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
This story is so neat!
It's the kind of thing that motivates me to label quilts for an aunt who's made quilts and hand quilted them for at least 25 years. Only a few have a hastily scribbled label. She thinks her immediate family doesn't appreciate them, so she's passing them along to someone who will. If we can get labels on her quilts it may help to preserve that bit of her family history...for the day when it does matter to them.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3229 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Absolutely wonderful!

I have added labels to family quilts to identify the maker.

Posts: 17107 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Wonderful story. It does bring home the importance of a label.

Posts: 389 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
It's wonderful that the quilt is returning to the family.

Posts: 6791 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6661 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
A great ending to a quilt story!

Devonne

Posts: 14983 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Great story, thanks so much for sharing

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool story!

Posts: 1956 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Wow! Beautiful story. How amazing that it went home to someone who cared and to find his family members on it!! And a book to boot! Too cool!

You are a quilting angel for sure!

PamSmile

Posts: 5828 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I think this is a wonderful story. perfect reason why you should label all the quilts you make.
I have bought many quilts at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets and so far only one had a label.

patsy

Posts: 3500 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post