Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Libby Lehman Sign In/Join 
Picture of wildcatmom
posted
Libby Lehman has had surgery for an aneurysm and a massive stroke this week. Please keep her in you thoughts and prayers that she recovers fully.

She created a technique she called "threadplay" and the Sheer Ribbon Illusions quilts. Her "Joy Ride" quilt was named 100 Best American Quilts of the 20th Century. A gallery of some of her quilts can be seen @ http://www.libbylehman.us/QGallery.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wildcatmom,

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Keeping her and family in my prayers.

I had the pleasure of meeting her several yrs ago at a Ricky Tims Seminar. She is a very upbeat, talented , fun woman.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AuntJo,

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Glad that you posted this, Karen. I saw it a few days ago on facebook and shared it. Libby was the featured artist at our guild show last year and has come to speak to our guild. Ricky Tims is posting updates on facebook, so I liked his page to stay up with the latest.

Praying for a complete recovery for Libby. Ricky's page also has an address for anyone wanting to send a card.

Posts: 5024 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was suppose to be the head liner in Shipshewana,In in June! Hope she recovers fast!

Posts: 671 | Location: Mi | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I hope so too, but June's awfully soon considering. She seems to have a pretty full calendar so could be good motivation.
Lisa, maybe I saw your "share" but it didn't register. Lucky you to have seen her in person.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have seen her and some of her wonderful quilts. She shared a lot of info with us.

Wishing her well.

Thanks for sharing this. I had not heard.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6173 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such heartbreaking news..Libby is one of the greatest teachers ever.Apparently she is paralyzed on her left side,from the stroke which came after the surgery,Libby is left handed too. She is in a sedated coma.She needs lots of prayers for sure to see her through this.I've seen some amazing recoveries and I'm sure Libby will be another one. I didn't think a lady I worked with a few years ago would ever recover but she did and a year latter you could not tell she had ever gone through such an event.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9893 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
I just went on her site and they don't have anything posted about this on there.
so sad. but wonders do happen. Her quilts are very artistic so perhaps she can still do some in her future but different. she has such imagination.

CC

Posts: 4591 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by native Texan:I just went on her site and they don't have anything posted about this on there....she has such imagination.

facebook...Libby was slowly removed from sedatives but not awake. During rounds this morning her left leg and her left arm were responsive. The doctor was elated at this.
However. She is losing blood. Perhaps from a stress ulcer. So they are putting her back in a full sedated state.

"From Libby's family: Libby is still recovering in hospital. We so appreciate all the caring support. Get well cards can be sent to Attn: Libby Lehman / 617 Caroline / Houston, TX 77002. We will try to post updates but will not be able to reply to everyone's FB messages & emails. Thank you all for understanding as we focus on Libby's healing. Sincere & grateful regards.

from Artist's Statement on her site. http://www.libbylehman.us/AboutLibby.html
"Making quilts is an utter joy for me. Though parts of the process can be tedious, the product is always worth the effort. I cannot imagine NOT making quilts..."

~karen Wave

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I think that any cards or letters would be appreciated, but fabric postcards would surely be a delight to Libby and her family as she goes through the recovery process.

Posts: 5024 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/5626/

The quilt show is showing 2 episodes that Libby was in free until Sunday.

I think her legend show is awesome and you get to know her personality. I took a class with her and she is such a great quilter.

T&P going to her and her family.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1610 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
ttt...quoted from Ricky Tims' facebook post
"Libby Update - Great News!

Great news will be measured in baby steps. And a significant baby step happened today.

Libby is waking up! Lester was with her twice this morning. She was awake for 20 minutes the first time and about 30 minutes the second time. She responded to his voice by blinking and raising an eyebrow. As you can imagine, this was a great relief since it is the first signs of returning to continuousness since the surgery last Wednesday.

She is still in critical but stable condition. This status is predicted to remain until Tuesday or even later. But we can all celebrate this change of events.

Please send cards (humorous or otherwise), and quilted cards to:

Libby Lehman
617 Caroline
Houston, TX 77002

TFS The Quilt Show link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wildcatmom,

~karen Wave

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
The news has dropped off, but got this Caring Bridge link today and Libby's still improving.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/libbylehman/journal

~karen Wave

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Libby is now in a rehab unit, and the Caring Bridge site has daily update posts.

Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms are leading a fund raising effort, each offering one of their beautiful quilts as prizes.
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os...ters_categories_id/5

So far it sounds like she's made improvements some doctors said she'd never be able to do, but you know how things can be up one day, and not so good the next. Keep her in your T & P.

~karen Wave