Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Art Quilt Auction: please share this link
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art Quilt Auction: please share this link Sign In/Join 
Picture of toryam
posted
http://us.ebid.net/items/LeoClub

Please go check them out. There's a ton of talent, it's all for a good cause & you might see some familiar faces!

In 2012, the Meridian Marathon raised and distributed $17,500 for the Alzheimer’s Association and local charities. This was accomplished through the first LEO Run to Remember, Meridian Marathon & ½ Marathon. Prizes for the top male & female runners in the Marathon and ½ Marathon were small art quilts donated by a local artist & quilter.

The second running is scheduled for November 16, 2013 and promises to be bigger and better. In conjunction with the race, we will are conducting an art quilt competition & auction.

**The top 4 quilts will be presented as race prizes.**

**All others are being auctioned to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association and selected charities.**

Prizes will be awarded in several categories, to include: Most Creative, Best Technique, Most Inspirational, Judges Choice & Most Money Raised During Auction.

for more info about the race please visit www.leoruntoremember.org

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toryam,

Posts: 4134 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Hey! I recognize another one of those quilts! Big Grin The very last one (Green & Black Stars)...I made that in an ugly challenge hosted by MSC, here on the MB (I miss her Frown) back 2007.

We sent in a half yard of ugly fabric & got back someone else's ugly. We made the quilt top & then it was returned to the donater of the fabric. If I recall correctly, I got Quiltaholic's ugly fabric (the black print in the star points & border).

Posts: 4706 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
How cool! I can't believe it was an 'ugly' challenge, it's so bold & trendy! Thank you for letting me know, now I can put a name on it. I've been asked about it several times these last two days, it has gotten lots of compliments.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***Nice site. I'm watching for the bidding. Lots of great small quilts. Thanks for organizing this and including us in the event.

Posts: 753 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I'm glad people like it! I just pieced it. I'm assuming Quiltaholic did the quilting...

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Looks like the site is getting alot of attention. Hope the auction goes well.

Posts: 2904 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Angela C, I love your Hawaiian Punch quilt also. So colorful.

Posts: 4481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kay-Lin! It's a smaller version of a quilt by Cynthia Tomascewski, called Calypso. I stayed pretty true to her color choices, I just shrunk it some!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngelaC,

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Yes, I quilted it and used it in my studio on the back of a client chair for a long time.. Like 2 years.. When Tory asked for donations I gave her some of the things I had a while to make room for new ones. I had a lot of compliments on the quilt when clients came in the studio.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25875 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
So far we've had bids on four, YAY!!

We had a 'sit&sew' at the museum yesterday but there wasn't a lot of visitors (zero visitors to be exact, lol). But on the bright side, the curator was able to get some errands run while we 'manned' the door, lol.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post

Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Oh Q, I just saw that you have two quilts in the auction -
Your wonderful "1958" - I remember it well - the year and the quilt Smile
And your "Freedom" - divorce - quilt. Wink So clever and funny.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kay-lin,

Posts: 4481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking them out, Kay-Lin. Smile
Quiltaholic is very talented, it seems to be in the water here on the message board Smile

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Did I mention all the money goes to charity? There are no paid employees, just volunteers.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Would it be weird if I bid on my own quilt? It was so different from what I normally do- much brighter & all batiks- but I really like it! Smile I think I want it back Red Face

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Not weird at all, u won't be the only person bidding on their own, lol. Besides, it's for a good cause. But if u r talking about Hawaiian punch it might cost u, a nurse at the physical therapy place keeps telling me she wants it, lol.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Two more weeks!

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Ttt

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Ttt

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I won the stained glass item. Can't wait to see it in person!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
It's beautiful! It went out Monday so it won't be long

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
My crazy quilt came today. I just love it!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
My snowman came today too. I like the black snaps for his mouth.

Posts: 3659 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I updated my paypal account with new cc and paid today Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1815 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Quilts went out today for Jane-kiwi, Muggo & wildcat mom! I appreciate y'all all so much!!

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Thanks, toryam. I got home tonight & my package was waiting for me. Smile
Beautiful!
Thanks to everyone envolved in this worthy project.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3279 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it! Smile Thanks a bunch. To me, it really looks like our national symbol, the Koru (fern)where the fronds are curled in a spiral. Maybe next year it will inspire me to send in one for your event Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1815 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Hope the charity did very well. You were great at publicizing the event and showing the quilts.

Posts: 753 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Thanks for helping out! We raised 883.55 with the quilts! We are still waiting on a couple of sponsor checks before they'll tell me the grand total but it's going to be over 18,000!

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
I received my quilts made by Jackie and Thearica! Very cute!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4605 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post