Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I am really looking forward to working on all these rows!
Rockin...yours is awesome! I love the colors and theme. Fun.
Nicki, I was pleased to see red!! How weird, I'm doing blue!
I need to get my PP block printed at 200% and I can start.

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Yea! fabric all cut and some sewn. Had an outside appointment today, just got postponed to next week Smile. I get to go back to my project! Watch for pic SmileSmile.

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Rockin! Love the cake and the "party". Reminds me of Mary Lou Weidman's fun quilts.

Posts: 7487 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I bought the Modern Quilt Block book at joann, with a coupon of course.
I had the PP pattern printed and am ready to go. I am doing a Union Jack block. I just love the X graphics of it.

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
The party is move'n on, I just received J Lu's row. What beautiful Christmas panels! I have an idea just need to make sure I have the correct colors.

Still a bit more work on mine and I will get in in the mail, hopefully before the postage rates go upSmile

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Just finished my row Smile. I am happy with the way it turned out. The red really pops! May use the birdie fabric for borders, not sure about the sashing yet. Will get it to the post office soon.

posted Hide Post
Very striking, Fleur.

Posts: 2226 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! Have my plate clean and have gotten started on this. You all have been so creative, so much eye candy and inspiration.
Here is a start on mine...

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I showed mine on the PM's but I'll show it here too.

Bluesnail, are you ready for it or shall I hold onto it a little longer?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5138 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Fleur55 glad the big guy made it safe. I love your row. I am putting on my thinking cap with all I have seen already. Please don't over think about the colors, it's Christmas I think Santa loves them all.

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JLu - I sent my row out yesterday, so be on the lookout.
(sent conf. # to Nicki)

The Happy Birthday fabric is full of color, so go off that. Whatever you think looks good. I would prefer tone-on-tone kind of fabrics so it doesn't become too overwhelming.
Have fun!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Yeah I've been looking at your row all week. I have my idea already just waiting for your fabric. Can't wait to get started.

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely is leaving for vacation today so I won't be mailing to her. I will mail mine to who Ely mails to when it is time to mail again for March 1.

Ely will receive mine at the very end of the robin to create her row for me so it doesn't hold the robin up.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25862 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
J Lu, I have been working on your row Smile, having a great time playing with Christmas fabrics.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
RockinBobbin I received your row today. Wow! It is so much prettier in person. I've already stated my row for you I was waiting for your fabric to come in. Love it. It's going to be a great Birthday for everyone. Now I want to make my grandchildren one.

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Awesome Fleur can't wait to see it. Now are we posting our rows from us? I would like to keep some of this a surprise from myself.

J Lu

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I PP'd my first block.
Part of next started.
Loving the blocks/rows so far!

posted Hide Post
Watching with great interest! Wonderful!

Posts: 3511 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Very striking block Irish Smile, love the use of the two colors together.

J Lu, I will not post your row, would you like to see the fabric? I'm with you I think I would like to be surpised. Either way we will have a wonderful quilt when the rows are all put together Smile

posted Hide Post
Irish.... that is sooooo cool. Will all of your blocks be sewn in that design? I'd like to start thinking about a block that would look nice with that (just ideas for now). You do not have a "theme", correct?

JLu - glad you rec'd it. I don't mind if you post pix of mine. But, for yours, we should keep it a secret from you - is that right? (I just looked it up; I don't get your row 'til last anyhow.)

Have a good day.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Yeah I don't want to see my rows! I want it to be a surprise. I don't want to see the fabric either ok.

Irish I Love your block. I really love to paper piece your points are so pointy right. the teal fabric is stunning..

the bad weather is heading in so I guess I'll have to sew all weekend. Bummer huh!

J Lu

posted Hide Post
JLu - are you some kind of Willpower Superwoman?
There's a pan of brownies sitting on the kitchen countertop. They are warm and gooey and chocolatety.......you: ?.......

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oooooo chocolate I love it. Well yes you could say that RockinBobbin I am a sort of wonder women. At least my husband and kids think I am. Lol!

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm working on your row right now little girl and I ain't showing ya. I like to share the pain.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Oh -no way?!? Not even a little peek? No fair.
You have no idea what this does to me.
I am the girl that sees that pan of brownies and dives right in. I don't even care if it ruins my appetite, or my self-confidence! Zero willpower. Period.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ttttteeeeee!!! I'm almost done.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
My blocks are done. Going to get them sewn together and I'll be ready to mail.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done! I won't get to the post office today but I hope to get to there Tuesday. Will let you know Thearica!

Rondi

posted Hide Post
Ooooh...what fun rows I am seeing!!

Posts: 3511 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Rockin, all 4 of my blocks are the same pattern.
I have no theme. Do whatever moves you!
I have one more to PP.
They take a bit of time.
I am initiating a RRRR in my guild!

posted Hide Post
I'll be on the lookout.
It's certainly more challenging without a theme. I'm noot quite sure what I'm going to do yet.

posted Hide Post
Quiltaholic, be on the lookout for my package. Have it sitting at door to go to PO today.

Rondi

posted Hide Post

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
ekbuckeye, rows just sent Smile Will PM confirmation number.

posted Hide Post
I have idle hands, need something to do... RN55, are you close to being ready to send? I can't wait to see a package in my mailbox.
Q~anxious to see if mine is in your mailbox today!

Rondi

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are all on target for a February 1st start date.... yea!

Irish - I will have mine out to you in Monday's mail. Have a feeling with the weather being so dang cold a lot of us will be spending a lot of time inside sewing!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10276 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Warm buns, I will have mine in the mail no later than Monday.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I received Rondiquilts package!! I haven't had time to open it yet but wanted to let her know it came yesterday!

Posts: 25862 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Good to know. Although I have plenty I need to be doing here I am anxious to get my next row and start working on it. Course, no rush, RN55, I realize we have till the beginning of the month to get in mail. Just hard to sit on my hands...

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Actually to keep everyone on the same time schedule as best as possible, Nicki's instructions were to mail so it is received by the first of each month... not to mail by the 1st. Smile

quote:
Mail Date: Mail your 12” Blocks to be received by February 1st.

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I spent the morning finishing my row up.
I will mail out to you Rockin, on Monday
after work.
I will be on lookout for yours Nicki.

Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
My row was mailed today to Lace Angel. DC 03121430000266980326

Andi

Posts: 305 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irish - that's beautiful, but I can't wait to see it in person.
I sent you a PM about my row idea.

posted Hide Post
Irish...wonderful colors together! Love it!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
This is a photo of RN55's row..She could not get her photo size down small enough to post so she emailed it to me so I could help her... She has had the flu for a week and needs our good wishes to feel better soon. She will be mailing tomorrow.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Very pretty and colorful RN55. Thank you for sharing.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
I like that. Thanks for sharing, now I kinda get an idea of what I maybe able to do to add to it.

Rondi

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
quiltaholic thank you so much for posting my row. rhondi cannot wait to see what you do. the fabric I am sending along is the background the white print. I also put a small piece of a campanion piece to really to really show all the different colours that can be used. and just for the record I hate auto correct!!

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Mailed to you today Rockin. You should have it by Thursday they said.
I can add the del confirm next time i get up!

posted Hide Post
RN55, your row is lovely! Great colors!