Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I am going to work on rondis this weekend I am so excited I found Halloween fabric that glows in the dark, I have 3 different ones. How fun is that?

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds so fun! I was thinking of buying glow in the dark thread to quilt it with. This will be super...

Rondi

Posts: 1576 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group 2 progress on last row!

Quiltaholic - Handed Off To Ely! - FINISHED! - My quilt is home!

Ely - Mailed Pandibear's home to her - FINISHED! - Quilt is home!!

Pandibear - Quilt is home!!

Lace Angel - Mailed RN55's home to her - FINISHED!

RN 55

RondiQuilts - Mailed Q's home to her! - FINISHED!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25883 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing Rondi's to her on Monday.

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
pandibear posted on the pm that she would mail on Monday too so our group should be all delivered by mid week next week!

Posts: 25883 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Looks like our group is still behind. I'm waiting to work on Lori's row from Lisa_Tx. Has it been mailed yet, Lisa?

Posts: 7547 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Just returned home from vacation and have finally gotten caught up on a few things so now I can update ya'll on my Rows. I received them and love them! Thank you ladies for giving me a head start on a fabulous quilt!

Irish, I have your fabrics picked out and will get to working on your row this weekend and send your rows home to you next week along with a journal for you to work on (you know what I mean).

Once everyone has their rows home I'd love for you to post a picture of what you ended up with.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10290 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JjjjjjjLuuuuuuuu......
Your beautiful rows are headed home (plus a little somethin' extra!)
Merry Christmas.

Posts: 2228 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ooooooooo! I'm excited. Did you get your quilt back yet? I haven't seen anyone on here in awhile. Summer time I guess. It's so hot today I tying to stay in but, I'm just as addicted to my yard. My guild is coming over on Sunday for a going away party for my Vice Presidnt. I'm going to miss her. I'm trying to get everything just so for them. I only have 25 gardens to weed. Byte time. You get through all of them you have o start over. I forgot to shut the gate last week and a deer got in. She did a little damage but, I've learned to take the good with the bad. I've enjoyed befriending all of you. Thank you so much. We'll have to do this again.

J Lu

Posts: 1130 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Oh I forgot to say and extra thank you to JLu! When I got my rows back I got an extra surprise in it!Big GrinBig Grin JLu made my last 4" row and spelled out the letters Nicki & Rob!!!! I love it! This for sure makes this quilt ours and no one elses ....Love it! Thank you - you are such a sweetheart!

Will all of the ladies in my Group please check in and let me know your status as to whether or not you've received your rows back. Irish - yours will be on the way next week... unless I decide to keep it cause you are gonna love it!

BTW JLu - I did go back to that lady selling the fabric for $1.00 - instead of a $1 a yard she sold them to me for a $ a piece and got a bunch if you are interested.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10290 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
For being such a wonderful Row Mama we all thank you for taking over for me. I'm so happy you like it. Rockin said mine is on its way home. I cannot wait to see the surprise.

J Lu

Posts: 1130 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I got rondi' s ready to go. DH HAVING car problems hopefully will be fixed tomorrow, but he is the mailer for me so it will go out on the 2nd. But here is a pix, sorry apparently our puppy likes HALLOWEEN!

spooky!!

posted Hide Post
Oh Wow! I can't believe my good fortune. Thank you ladies. Will be fun to see in person and get started on putting it all together.
Many thanks to all in my group.

Rondi

Posts: 1576 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
pretty awesome quilt you have there Rondi!

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see all of the finished row by rows!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2320 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
That is the so adorable. Love it. So many great ideas.

J Lu

Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
Lace Angel's went to the 24 hour post office yesterday. DC9505500022093181000136

This has been fun. Can't wait to do another round robin!!

andi

Posts: 305 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
me either, i loved doing this

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
RN55... did you receive your package?

and did you get to mail today?

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
RONDI, your quilt is on its way! It is awesome.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Now to hear from lace Angel that her quilt is home and then to hear when Rondi receives and we can put this RR to bed for our group. Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Woo-Hoo!! Only one more package to be delivered to Rondi! great job ladies!

Group 2 progress on last row!

Pandibear - Mailed Lace Angel's home to her - FINISHED! - Quilt is home!!

Lace Angel - Mailed RN55's home to her - FINISHED! Quilt Is Home!!

RN 55 - Mailed Rondi's home to her - FINISHED! Quilt Is Home!!

RondiQuilts - Mailed Q's home to her! - FINISHED!

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Lisa - TX posted Jun 5, 4:27 PM
"I needed to finish up Lori's row and send it on to Evelyn. Evelyn mentioned going on vacation, so I don't know if she wants me to hold off or not."

Lisa,
Have you mailed Lori's top yet? I'm looking forward to seeing some of our groups finished tops.
Evelyn

posted Hide Post
I am leaving for vacation today.
Will be up north for a month, so if I don't respond to receiving my pakg, that's why.
Take care.

posted Hide Post
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, ...

My robin flew in this afternoon. What a site. Thank you all so much. Each and every row is very unique, no two are alike or similar. All the rows appear will flow together so nicely. Many thanks. I have just looked it over hurriedly as I have to work tonight and need to nap some again. I am going to wait until I have 2-3 days off in a row so I can play with the rows on my design wall. See where I may want to put some filler rows and what I want to do for a border. Definately not something I want to rush as I see this as being a treasure for years to come. Many thanks!

Quiltaholic update your post, mine is home!

By a show of hands, how many Robins have made it back home? Are we over half way done? I hope everyone has the good fortune I have. I am tickled.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Woo-Hoo!! Group 2 is officially 100% finished!

Great job ladies! I love my quilt and I think you all do too! Smile

Pandibear - Mailed Lace Angel's home to her - FINISHED! - Quilt is home!!

Lace Angel - Mailed RN55's home to her - FINISHED! Quilt Is Home!!

RN 55 - Mailed Rondi's home to her - FINISHED! Quilt Is Home!!

RondiQuilts - Mailed Q's home to her! - FINISHED! Quilt Is Home!!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see some pictures? What's up with all the pictures? Come on ladies share the love.

J Lu

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I am a bit behind...Michael & Jenn are in town for 2 weeks, staying with me...i will devote time to making Tonya's blocks asap. Want to make it good. It will be done by the time she gets back from her month vacation.

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yea all home safe and sound. This was so much fun, I want to thank everyone again for my beautiful rows. When are we doing it again? This was awesome.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
A photo of mine, Rondi's and Pandi's is on page 9.. I havent took a final photo of mine since Ely finished her row...and I forgot to take a photo of Ely's before she took it home with her. She comes back Aug 8 and I will get her to bring it so we can post a photo.

posted Hide Post
Whoa.....a whole month - not sure why I wrote that. I'm only gonna be gone a week. Lo*rd a whole month with my extended family....I don't even want to think of what that would do to my mind.
Or my body for that matter - I decided to try tubing behind the speedboat yesterday. I can barely type...help.....
just poppin in to see more pics.
Take care, ladies.

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Smile Just finished adding the borders to my top! Thanks to everyone for their work on my wonderful quilt.

Fleur55

Posts: 787 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
are there any more finished robins yet?

posted Hide Post
I still haven't rec'd mine yet....
how's it coming, Irish?

posted Hide Post
Any updates anyone? Who is still lacking having their rows back? I have been working on my Scraps to Treasure challenge and had this on back burner. Thinking this afternoon I will get all my rows out and place them on design wall and play with placement, etc. and see what I might want to add.
I would love to see everyones , I think some are missing. I feel bad gushing about mine if some are still in limbo.

Rondi

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I haven't made the last row for Lori. Still waiting to get it from Lisa-Tx. She also hasn't sent mine. Love seeing all the beautiful quilts.
Evelyn

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Me too, I am going to do an applique row for mine, similar to the one I did for Ely.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen any photos posted of mine so I can't plan how to finish itFrown

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Has anyone in Group 3 received their quilt yet?

posted Hide Post
Any updates? How is everyone doing?

Rondi

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay...I mailed your quilt to you yesterday Tonya. You will love it. I have been done with your row, but the mailing was the hang up.
You should get it by Saturday!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
My top is together and very pink and bright! I'm imagining the corner stones in the borders are the jingly balls my kits love to play with. I must say that everything fit together wonderfully and my group did a great job pressing the blocks and rows. I'll gladly do another RR with you all anytime!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2311 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Lookin good Ellen great job. I'm obsessing on my scraps to treasure right now. I have no energy today. Arg!

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Too cute. Love the bright colors and of course polka dots!

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I think I have that same polka dot fabric! Love how you set your quilt together!

I hope to work on mine next week... Almost finished putting my sewing and quilting rooms back to normal. Smile

Edited to add that I do hope that Group 3 can get their quilts to completion soon.

posted Hide Post
I rec'd my rows yesterday and I love them all.
This will be so fun to put together. I just have to go buy some black to tame all that color - it's a party quilt alright!
Love it, thanks.

posted Hide Post
Yay! We have to see photos! I've not done anything with mine yet. Am wanting to get them back out of the package tho and look at them again. It seems everyone has been so pleased with what they have received back, I am glad.
Show of hands, how many are still outstanding to be fly home?

Rondi

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Didn't get Lori's row from Lisa_Tx today. Hope it arrives before we leave on our end of summer vacation in a couple of weeks. Lori, what's your theme?

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Lisa,
You said 2 1/2 months ago that you were mailing. Three of us are waiting on you. PLEASE mail now and I'll make your rows.
Evelyn

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't remember. Sorry I can't help. Who had it before Lisa? Do you remember what you sent her?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5188 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post