Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
ok whew I thought I was losing it. I am doing an 8 inch row....have the block picked out ready to go!

Posts: 434 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
what is in the bag is a 12', 8' and 4'.

Posts: 434 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
J Lu thanks for the heads up Smile

Fleur

Posts: 730 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Annette... I just spoke to Ely and she knew that Pandi had done the incorrect size row and she is ok with making the 6 inch.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25830 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
I realized my error and reached out to Ely and we swapped sizes.

Andi

Posts: 304 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ely - I read that you may run out of the pink background fabric so I mailed two 6" strips to you today (Wed)- one for you to use if you want and one for pandibear. Would you let me know when you receive this package?

Quiltaholic - I was going to post a picture of your quilt rows to show you the status of it, but my camera went dead. As soon as it charges up again, I will post that picture. Love the red and black.

By the way, ladies, the chocolate quilt is looking so delish. Cannot WAIT until it gets back to me.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Lace Angel.. There was only one piece of the fabric in the package so I used it. There was none left when it left here. So glad you are sending more. Smile

There is still more of the novelty square fabric but not the background.

Posts: 25830 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
Q I DID GET THE PACKGE. IT DID NOT WHEN TO CITY HALL THIS TIME CAME TO ME AT MY OFFICE.
LACE ANGEL I WILL LET YOU KNOW. I ALL REDY HAVE THE PATTER PICK. I LOVE YOUR FABRIC AND THIS LADIES HAVE DONE A BEAUTIFUL WORK USING IT.
LOVE ELY

Posts: 1779 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2527 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quiltaholic - here is the picture I promised to post of your RRRR quilt thus far. Love that red and black. I may have to add a red/black quilt onto my list of many quilts I want to do.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lace Angel.. I love that ribbon row. My quilt is looking fantastic!

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
LACE ANGEL I GET YOUR PACKGE TODAY THAT WAS FAST
SO I HAVE AVERYTHING I NEED TO WORK IN YOUR RR THIS WEEKEND
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1779 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow Ely - that really was fast. I only mailed it Wednesday noon. Glad you got it and can start working on it. June 1st will be here before we know it.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
RN55 and Pandibear... Did you both get to mail?

Group 2 - May 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic - Mailed to Ely -- Received from Rondi
Ely - Received from Q -- Mailed to Pandibear
Pandibear - Mailed 5/10 -- Received from Ely
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RN 55 - Mailing by Thursday -- Received from lace Angel
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
I mailed today,
Andi

Posts: 304 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
I have both received and mailed. I promise to be on time with this one,

Andi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pandi..

RN55... did you get to mail yesterday?

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I will mail Monday. rondi if I have the June row done do you want that one or do you want me to wait till closer to June? Rn 55

posted Hide Post
I received Fleur55's B&W&Red rows yesterday.....
lookin' good!
Love the label idea - very cool.
Fleur, you do NOT want to see pix, is that correct?

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Annette, if you have it done go ahead a mail them both. Not a problem.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
RockinBobbin, I would love to see what everyone has done, please, please Big Grin.

J Lu I received Ek's rows, meow!

Fleur55

Posts: 730 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Cool I will send it out on Monday. Wanted to get it done as I am on vacation starting June 1st. Annette

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
ELY Do you want to see a picture of your rows? Rn 55

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why my pic post didn't work. If you'd like to see my 4" row, go to my blog. A pic of it is in my post from today, 5-11-13

Posts: 2527 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Annette... Ely was just saying the other day that she had not seen her rows.. I am sure she would so appreciate you posting them

posted Hide Post
Just a comment on the rows:

Before starting a row, measure the original row.
Most likely, the row will be a bit "off" - a little long , a little short - no matter, the following rows need to match that original so that the quilt comes together nicely in the end.

The original row I have now is 47 1/4". (This was stated in the letter that accompanied the fabric)
Original row: 47 1/4"
Another row: 48 1/2" (+1.25")
Another row: 49" (+1.75")
Another row: 46 1/2" (-.75")
It is going to be very difficult to make a "squared-up" quilt without lots of ripping and re-sewing, or without lopping off some of the rows, therefore losing design.
I don't know how else to bring this up; I am sure I sound awful - that is not my intent.
I love that we can show off projects, share stories, and empathize with each other as quilters. But part of our learning is becoming aware of, and doing our best to correct these kind of situations.

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see this being a problem too although I haven't measured all the rows I have received. I have just focused to keep the row I am making 48.5".
I know one month ( round) my Bernina was in the shop, love that it has a 1/4" foot. I used a vintage machine I have. I thought I had the 1/4" just right but row was off after I had joined all the blocks. I struggled for several days getting it to 48.5", but finally made it.
If anyone has ever taken a class with Bonnie Hunter she goes into great detail discussing the importance of a 1/4" seam and being consistent with one.
Tonya I appreciate you bringing this up, your intention is to educate and share.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Will do

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Ok here is ELY rows

elys

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Here is quiltaholic's

Thearica

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I think she can take the longest row and add a few cheaters into them to make them the same size that will help when she goes to square it up. I haven't seen it yet but it beings its black and white you might not notice.

I know that not everyone is going to be happy with everyone else's work but, I'm happy to have been a part of this challenge. I've learned a lot.

J Lu

Posts: 1031 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
RockinBobbin, I realized after I had sewn my row that it was short, it was my mistake not watching my needle position. I have already planned on a fix to make it the 48 1/2" it needed to be. As long as the rest of the rows were somewhere close it will be okay. It did teach me a lesson to double check everything Smile.

Hopefully all of us tried our best to keep to the 48 1/2" width.

I am glad you brought this to our attention. In fact the paper pieced block pattern I want to do next was listed as a 6" block, but when I measured the pattern it was only 5 1/2". After increasing the pattern to 111% it was right on. Lessons learned, only this time before I started to cut or sew Big Grin

Fleur55

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Annette. I am loving the way mine is looking!

Is Ely's blocks sewn together yet? they look separated.

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
I LOVE MY QUILT IT IS BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU LADIES
WHAT A GRAT WORK ALL OF YOU ARE DOING.
HUGS ELY

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
No they are not sewn together. I was wondering why they were not?

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I didn't think they were... figured that was why the rows looked like they were different lengths.

Ely was trying to get ready to go out of the country and may not have had time to get them sewn together. She can do that when they get back to her.

Are you going to mail today Annette?

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I too have enjoyed this and I hope we do it again. None of us are perfect although we strive to be, so I know I will be happy with what I get in return, knowing that everyone put there best forward to help make my quilt look beautiful. I thank all of you!

posted Hide Post
pandibear - I receive your package today. Will get started right away as I already have a design in mind.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
As soon as we hear that RN55 has mailed to Rondi, our status for the May mailing will be complete.

Group 2 - May 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic - Mailed to Ely -- Received from Rondi
Ely - Received from Q -- Mailed to Pandibear
Pandibear - Mailed 5/10 -- Received from Ely
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55 -- Received from Pandi
RN 55 - Mailed to rondi -- Received from lace Angel
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yes I actually mailed the May and June to Rondi as I got them both done this past Saturday I was a whirlwind of stitching!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
ok then.. I will go ahead and start our June mailing progress list since you have mailed.

Group 2 - June 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic
Ely
Pandibear
Lace Angel
RN 55 - Mailed to Rondi
RondiQuilts - Received from RN55

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Lisa,
Would you use the USPS confirmation number to locate the rows you mailed May 3rd? I'm getting nervous about a lost package. Thanks,
Evelyn

Posts: 7357 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
So sorry to leave you hanging, Evelyn. I did not get it mailed when I thought I would be heading to the Post Office. DD#2 had had several doctor appointments over the past two weeks for ankle trouble and ended up with a cast Frown. My schedule of running around has come to an end and I can resume normal activities tomorrow. It will head out then and I'll send you the DC#.

Posts: 5039 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Whew! Better to be late than lost. Hope your DD gets better.
Evelyn

Posts: 7357 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
RN55, you said it best. I know from doing raffle quilts and other RR's that there is no constant 1/4". I know I struggle with it! If any of my rows are off, I will add a little something to the rows to make it work.
I loved this RRRR so much, I started running one in my guild. We are on our 2nd round. Good stuff!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
It is so much fun I am rowless right now, and poor Rondi has 2 rows I was inefficient for the APril block but I had to do the applique it just screamed for it, and ELy trust me it is not perfect as I am very new to applique but I think it look beautiful. The design was actually done by our LQS owner who has been published many times so it is unique. I actually am going to do the same thing for my 4 inch row when I get my rows back. Now for the May row I was very efficient and Rondi will have both rows either tomorrow or THursday according to the PO. Laceangel you can mail June anytime you are ready.

posted Hide Post
RN55, I received your box today, safe and sound. Ely and Quiltaholic, your rows are so nice. You both will have a beautiful quilt when it is returned to you.
I have just looked at them hurriedly. Will take time later and get them out and try and decide what to do.
Rondi

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yes I was not trusting an envelope with 2 sets of rows in it.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hey Rondi... If you get them finished early, go ahead and mail them on... I would love to see mine. Smile

Elizabeth is coming in June so she can do her row for mine then so just mail them together in the same packet.

posted Hide Post
Doubt I will be early, just got them Thursday. I won't have a free day to look at either of them before Th/Fri of next week so it will be after that before I even get started. Nice having both of them here but I won't get them done anytime soon. Sorry.
I am anxious to see mine too. I haven't seen anything since you posted photos.
I'll keep you updated if I get ahead of myself.

Rondi