Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am so glad I FINALLY finished my row. I think it was sometime around midnite last nite that I sewed the last divider strip on. I did mail it out today though, but I forgot to insert some paper for my groups' thoughts and comments on the rows they created for it. oh well.

Here is the finished product:

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Lace Angel - I love your row! It is soooo cute!

Posts: 765 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I am gonna love working on that piece of chocolate!! Smile

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25860 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
What a yummy row Lace Angel!

Posts: 764 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irish - I will be on the lookout. Thx

LaceAngel - love it! How did you applique the words on?

Posts: 2226 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The words Chocolate are machine applique with a blanket stitch and the saying is hand embroidered. It is a pattern I had for quite some time and I enlarged it to make a 12" block. It took more time than I had allowed, but I am happy with the results.

This was one of those projects that the 'fabric spoke to me'.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love seeing what everyone has come up with. So creative!
I received RN55's row today! What a treat. So different from what I was seeing here on the post. For some reason it was looking like primary colors to me, but its not, more like "jewels", very pretty! And Annette, the fabric you have chosen as your border is beautiful!
I have the border piece and your row pinned to my design wall now.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Thank you ladies for your thoughts and prayers. Been a rough week ... I know, with time it'll get better. Just have to keep repeating those words I've heard so oftern "This too shall pass"

Looks like we are all on target to begin our first round. For the month of February we will ALL be making 8" blocks (6 of them) for the row.

Here is my first row... note: the white background fabric is actually red polka dots. Have I said I hate how posting pictures has become such a hassell here - no matter how I size them they are either too big or too small for HGTV!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10274 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
I received Ekbuckeyes adorable kitties and already have my 8" Blocks planned. So darn cute!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

Posts: 10274 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I got lace Angel's today. It looks good enough to eat. Now to get down to the next row!

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
YAY! Our group is all accounted for now! Smile

Posts: 25860 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should we be posting here, or on PM for "important" stuff, like when we receive?

I'll do both.....

I have the row from Irish. Gorgeous!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
All this jumping back and forth is making me dizzy. Nicki and Ellen love it. Oh and no peeks for you.

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent some quality time at my LQS today picking out fabrics to go with Annette's row. I am ready to get started too. I have a pattern, fabrics washed, now to find some time...
It is so nice to be a part of the excitement of this robin.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Nicki, you know I LOVE your row! I am so excited to be working with that gorgeous red fabric!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No photos posted, as RN55 wants it kept secret, but I started the blocks for her row last night. I think it will compliment her first row nicely. Keep telling myself I need to get moving on this and stay moving as it is a short month.

Rondi

posted Hide Post
Here is the row I made for you, Kathi. It was much harder to find a free NewYork Beauty pattern that I had expected. I put my mindgrapes to work and made my own. I wanted a thicker band to show off the gorgeous fabric you chose. The pix do not do it justice - your row/fabric is beautiful. Here is what I added to it.....

posted Hide Post
closeup;

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Tonya, WOW! I LOVE those blocks so much. Thank you for all that work you put into them. They are perfect!!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Wow! They are beautiful Tonya. Now what am I to do.

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fabric is a bit tricky, J. The pix make it look bluish, but it's actually a sea-greenish-bluish-prettyish-vintageish, but the pink batik makes it modernish. Hope that helps.
I'll try to mail it out in the next few days.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok ill be lookin for them. Great job

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Well, that is just gorgeous!

Rondi

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Love the pictures!

Wanted to report that I received bluesnail's row from warm buns--she needed to send it on to me early. Still need to do the row on bunsie's row and send it on to Evelyn, then I'll think about what to do on bluesnail's row.

Posts: 5055 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I love your description of my fabric Tonya...it's exactly that!
I just sent a pic of your row with mine, to my DIL. She's an art teacher. She loved what you did too, especially the tip of the 1 block.
I just picked out fabrics for Nicki's row. I need to resize a paper piece pattern to 8" first.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Did you hear the thunder and see the lightning??? Finally inspiration struck! I opened a drawer while hunting for something else and discovered some fabric squares that are perfect for Lisa's 8" block! I'm really excited now to finish it. But tomorrow I'm at a workshop until 4pm, then teach two night classes, then have a birthday lunch Thursday. So it may be Thursday evening before I get it done but I've got the perfect pattern and the perfect fabrics for Lisa's row. I leave these row robins sitting in sight until ideas come. It takes me time to decide on what I want to make. I'm dancing and singing a song of happiness!
Evelyn

Posts: 7481 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, I can't wait to see what you have come up with...

Rondi

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I agree about the frustration of so much being said on PM's instead of here. I can't keep it straight. I have no idea who wants to keep from seeing their rows. To me the best part of doing these robins is seeing the progress and being inspired by other rows. Who wouldn't be inspired by the awesome New York Beauty? Makes me want to try them too. Since it's such a short row it's a great time to challenge myself. Gorgeous, gorgeous!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
wow I have not been on, my notification thingee must have got shut off, I missed so much...I plan on working Laceangels this weekend, have the fabrics pattern etc now for the fun part cutting and sewing! I thank you all for the prayers and thoughts since I have been sick not completely healthy yet but well on the way to feeling much better. happy to say the voice is coming back but it is still not all the way I still sound a little like Kermit!

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RockinBobbin, your New York Beauties are beauties to be sure!! Love them!

Posts: 3510 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Yea, Evelyn Smile, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. You always do such lovely work!

I am fine with seeing pictures of mine as it moves along. It will still be exciting to see it all in person when it comes home.

I have an idea about what to do for warm buns. I have it out for inspiration, just in case I change my mimnd.

Posts: 5055 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was so far back! How is everyone coming along? This month will be over before we know it. I am almost finished with RN55's row. Have a little "something-something" to add to each block then I will sew the blocks together and get in mail.
How are the rest of you fairing?

Rondi

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
everything cut now to execute,, it is PP....

posted Hide Post
I have half of my row done, but I keep changing my mind about the design and layout. I hope to buckle down tonite and finish it. Plans are to get it in the mail Monday.

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hows' everyone doing? Seems like the fabrics are flying around my house.... right now I'm on Ekbuckeye's 8" round (due in the mail by March 1st).

Yesteday I received Fleur's red and black rows -what a fun quilt this one is going to be! Have my fabrics pulled for this round and now need to come up with a fun design.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I finished Lisa_Tx's row and will mail on to Gonesewin tomorrow. We're going out of town Friday so don't want it sitting here until the end of the month. I also thought Lori might like to start thinking about this now. Lisa's row looks like Oriental fabric with metallic gold on it. So I used some of my Oriental fabrics to make lamps. When I finished it I laid it out with the original row to photograph it. That's when I discovered Lisa's row is the wrong size. It's 51" in length. I'm not changing my row since 51 is only divisible by 3 and 17. I will, however, put some extra sashing fabric so you can make mine wider if you wish, Lisa.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Nickilee,
My address is still listed wrong on the PM. I live on 74th St and NOT 7th St. Don't want a robin to go missing.
Thanks,
Evelyn

posted Hide Post
Hi there
I will mail mine out today (let you know for sure after it's mailed).
Evelyn - that row is stunning! You really did a nice job.
JLu - congrats on Gbaby#6....that is wonderful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RockinBobbin,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok lil bobbin I will be on the look out. Thank you he is gorgeous.
Evelyn very pretty I love it.

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group #2: Roll Call... Looking good!

1 Quiltaholic - My row is ready to go to Pandibear for Ely // My row for Rondi's quilt is 75% finished.. will be able to mail next week.

2 Ely - Away still

3 Pandibear

4 Lace Angel - halfway finished 2/20

5 RN 55 - working away 2/20

6 RondiQuilts - Almost ready to mail 2/20

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing nicki's out on Monday.
Quilt retreat weekend and this is one of my projects!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
very pretty

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Evelyn - your address is fixed - That latern row is GORGEOUS!!!! Love it!

Row call for the next round Rows for March 1st - 6" Rows):

Group #1

NickiLee - Will mail next week
Irish - Mail Monday
RockinBobbin - Mailed
JLu - Mailed
Fleur55 - Mailed
Ekbuckeye - Mailed

Elaines Quilt:

EkBuckeye - Mailed to LisaTX 2/20
LisaTX
JLu
RockinBobbin
WarmBuns
Evelyn
NickiLee

Quiltlaholic will be quilting Elianes quilt for us. If you would like to help with the extra expense, donation would be appreciated.

Donations Received - Thank you!

Fleur55
TimeCard

Ekbuckeye - did you happen to take a picture of Elaine's first row?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Nicki, I think we are a little ahead of the game. I've been sitting here with nothing to work on for awhile. I heard there is something in the mail though. Ill keep you posted. It's all gooood!

J Lu

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
JLu - did you already mail your March Row out to Fleur? You need to come to my house and help me out with all my projects - I promise you - you won't be bored! Between dyeing and packaging lace, Crazy Quilting, the RR and some custom work I barely have time to pee! Yikes!

Ladies, I know some of you are really fast at getting your rows done - if you do get ahead of the game please be sure to let the persoin you are sending to know whihc month that particular row is due. When you do receive a package you should stick a note to it noting which month it is due and what size blocks are to be made for that month.

posted Hide Post
Finished RN55's blocks last night. Pressing them now before I head to work. Tomorrow I hope to get them sewn together in a row. I anticipate mailing to Quiltaholic on Monday, not a holiday? Is it? I got to get some photos made.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group #2: Roll Call... We are 100% on top of things! Way to go Group 2!

1 Quiltaholic - My row is ready to go to Pandibear for Ely // My row for Rondi's quilt is 75% finished.. will be able to mail next week.

2 Ely - Away still

3 Pandibear - Mailing by Monday

4 Lace Angel - halfway finished 2/20

5 RN 55 - working away 2/20

6 RondiQuilts - Mailing Monday

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Nicki,
Ekbuckeye has Jlu's blocks (8") already (due Mar 1). I currently have Rockinbobbins rows (due Apr 1 - 6").

Posts: 764 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Nicki, we're ok and on time. I just got ahead of myself. I'm going to slow my roll.i know everything is going to come crashing down on me sooner or later. I only have about 5 projects going right now. I'd love to come help you up there but, it's really to cold for me. I'm crying for summer already.

J Lu

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Looking good ladies! JLu...awww come in - we're suppose to get another storm storm this weekend and tomorrow its suppose to be 476! I'm with you - Spring can't come soon enough!