Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Rondi.. Sorry I didn't get your photo up yesterday. It has been crazy with emails from the blog hop I am going to host in April for a bigger blog than mine.

here it is.. I would think Ely may have received yesterday or surely by today. I will give her a buzz today to see if it is there. I hope you like what I did.

I was going to piece a row and that idea went kapoottie... And then I got this hairbrained idea to do up a little "witches skit" scene. It was a LOT of blanket stitching but I really love how it plays with your row.

I left a little extra on the right side where the tree will be in the seam. Just in case your row or the row above it walks when they are joined together. This way you can just cut off what you don't need at the end.

ta-da! Do you like??

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25840 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
Q I DID NOT GET IT YESTERDAY OR TODAY I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN.
I LOVE ALL THE THINGS I SEE SO FAR
LOVE ELY

Posts: 1782 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Q, that is beautiful. You are so talented

J Lu

Posts: 1062 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Love the witches! That's going to be a treasure! You're right about how fun those rows play together. So clever!!

Posts: 7401 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
OMG that is awesome!!!

Posts: 437 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q~ that is just too stinking cute. I love it. A lot of work. And that green just pops sitting next to my row. I can't wait to see it in person.

Lace Angel~ I finished your row night before last. I think you will be pleased. I will try and get a photo of it posted in next day or two. I'll wait awhile before I mail it off to Quiltaholic, too soon now, unless your ready for it Q?

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've been working on LisaTX's quilt. When I finish my row I'll post a picture of it...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5110 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
If you dont care to hang on to it till closer to time..... I have started the one here but I have 2 crazy quilt pieces to get finished for the rest of this week.

You and JLu must be sisters... Speedy McGreedys.... lol

Posts: 25840 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ha! I just get caught up in the moment. Plus I have a thousand other projects going and I hate to be late.or maybe it's my OCD

J Lu

Posts: 1062 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, this is my addition of chocolate to Lace Angel's row. The top row is what RN55 did, I did the middle pink row of chocolate.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
RHondi that looks awesome! chocolate!

Posts: 437 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness. That is so perfect rondi. I cannot wait to get it back, finish that last row, quilt it and then wrap up in chocolate!

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW, wow , wow!!

These rows are looking beautiful for everyone!

I wasn't going to look today, but since I'm leaving (and should technically be starting to pack now) I thought I'd jump on here and see how things are coming.
THANK YOU for posting my rows......JLu, you broke....thanks! It makes me feel happy to see how bright and colorful and FUN you're all making this. My kids will love their birthday quilt for years to come.

I'm off on a happy note. take care.

Posts: 2224 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Well girls, not sure if this is even going to coem through - we are in the middle of another huge snowsotrm - already have 13" of new snow and it's not going to stop until later tonight.

I tried all day yesterday and today to get on line - for some reason I'm on now but for how long - not sure. So... going to try and post a picture of Ekbuckeyes row that is on the way to Irish. I have Fleur's rows in front of me and am just trying to figure out whihc block to use for my pattern.

ETA - Well you can't tell by the picture, but her background fabric is blue/white and so is the fabric I used - The colors are really faded in this picture - I used a windmill block.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10270 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Better you then me Nicki, we dodged a bullet this time. We had at least 7 inches fall here and by the next day she was gone. I've never seen a storm like that ever. Well a least you can sew. Did you loose any electric? I've been hand sewing so much today I had to walk away for a bit. Went down and played with my new baby for a few hours. He is so tiny. I think this one is going to have his mama's blue eyes. Stay safe. We'll talk to you soon. Nice row by the way.

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
That weather came through here in the form of blizzard like winds and tons of snow... It was too warm for the snow to accumulate... but if it had been cold here we would have surely had 2 feet of snow.. It came down like a blizzard... Just could not make a blanket...

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Mulling over my options for EK's adorable kittens row. I love the windmill row Nicki added too.
I love my furry cats. It should be easy to find my block!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
We have 24 inches of snow here in Weymouth.It's enough already. All the blocks are beautiful.I am pulling my fabrics this weekend for Evelyns block.I wish I could show you but I can't seem to do it.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
DH raked in the yard all day and mowed the winter weeds, sprayed the yard to kill the winter weeds one more time. I raised all the windows in the house and turned on all the ceiling fans to get the sick, winter, closed up air out of the house. It was our first warm windy spring day and it was beautiful!!!!.

My house smells fresh and new. I am still a little shakey with my walking, since I have had a terrible ear/sinus infection so no machine sewing or cutting. I did get all my pieces marked and ready to applique down for my Merry Merry Snowmen quilt.

All the rows you have been showing is wonderful. I love the Halloween ones and the chocolate is to d i e for!!!!!!

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I received WarmBuns row from Lisa_Tx today. I have an idea for my row but need to see if I can make it 6" tall. Fun, fun!
Evelyn

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I think that I have figured out how to post the picture Smile. If this works, this will show the original row made by warm buns along with the row that I made for her.

Trying to decide what I am going to do for bluesnail.

Posts: 5046 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I love holiday themed quilts so this was an easy one for me. I'm glad I waited until I saw the two rows to start. The other rows had purple in them and I was trying to decide whether to use blue with gold stars, black with white stars or black with purple stars. Purple was the obvious choice after seeing the cute rows WarmBuns and Lisa_Tx made.

Gonesewin,
Do you want me to mail this now? That gives you lots of thinking time.I didn't use much orange so I'll send the leftovers too.
Evelyn

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness are they cute or what. I'm going to have to go Halloween next Row by Row I get involved in. Hopefully my group is having fun with their Christmas imagination. I'm so excited about this challenge. Great work ladies.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Just love those rows! How creative and colorful!

Rondi

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. I love the rows you gals are adding. I have not started on mine. I can not get out of bed. This is going on three weeks now. Started out with head cold, went into stomach virus, back to head cold, sinus, ear and eye infection. I will try my best to get it done on time.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you felt better Linda.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Linda.. I am starting to worry about you girlfriend... Something is keeping you sick and they just haven't found out what...

That row of graves is just too darn cute...Looks like there are going to be 2 gorgeous Halloween themed quilts in the mix.

Rondi.. Your package was sent back to the Henderson post office, start of origin... and it is already back in route to Ely.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I just sent off LisaTx's rows to timecard, so, yeah, you can send those...I will have to figure out something to do with my row to fit in because I don't do halloween - but I'm sure I can think of something Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5110 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
I'm not a lover of Halloween but gotta say - love the rows that are being don, so creative!

Linda, that's a long time to be sick like that -I sure hope you start feeling better soon. Sending big warm hugs!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

Posts: 10270 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mailed the Halloween RR to Lori. Should get it Monday. Enjoy!

posted Hide Post
Hi
I am back from vacation. It was great; kids had a blast, but.....cruises....you either take 'em or leave 'em. I vote to leave 'em. It was fine (yes, Carnival - no problems on our ship though - whew!). No complaints, but I just don't get why there's so much hype. And the seasicknes.......AFTERWARD! Oh, I felt like I was going to tip over for 3 days after that darn cruise.

So, now I'm home, I'm steady on my feet and ready to sew!
Hope all is well for you. Linda - are you better yet?
Take care

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Have the last rows sent out been received? Not much chatter here this last week.

oops... updates were on the pm...

My sister and nephew are coming in for a few days.. They should be here by dinner time.. She actually wants to go upstairs and sew... who would have thunk it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Almost done hopefully will send tomorrow if not definitely Tuesday.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I have pandibears do I post a picture? I do not remember seeing hers posted.

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies...Only 7 more days and we should all be ready to start the next round which will be the 4" blocks. I've only got one more block to go on Fleur's row and then it's off to the post office. How's everyone else doing?

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I just started PPing today....crow's beaks to go into the cat row block.

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Hey Nicki and everyone else in my group I'm here just awaiting for my next row to show. Not much happening in this house this week. My children came up from Virginia for the weekend. We had 3 birthdays to celebrate last night. My husband, son, and grandson. I had to throw Easter in there to since we won't see them over the holiday. Grandma is broke today and very tired. I did manage to get in some hand work though. You know I can't stand to be still for to long.

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
My sister is here and will be leaving Wednesday. I will get this round finished after she leaves and have it ready to go out... WITH the correct zipcode on it!

posted Hide Post
I have not started my row yet. Been crazy busy trying to keep up with my new working mom lifestyle. It's been a rocky transition, but that's life. I hope to get the blocks started today and finshed and mailed soon.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have all of the blocks made for bluesnail's row. Need to finalize the arrangement and sew them together. Should mail it off to Evelyn today.

I haven't received Lori's row yet, but will be on the lookout.

Smile

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Omg sorry about that MAMMOTH avatar. I think I got rid of it. That was my wonderful husband and our dog Ozzie. Group 2. Pandibears row was sent to Rondi today expected delivery date is the 28th.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Here's the one I made for Warm Buns and am sending out today...

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group 2... Update on progress for the April 1st mailing....

RN55.. did you make photos of Pandibears rows? We would love to see.

Quiltaholic
Ely
Pandibear
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RN 55 - Mailed to Rondi
RondiQuilts - Ready To Mail

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I did does she want to see them or do I just do a PM? was not sure? thanks

posted Hide Post
Mine will be mailed Thursday or Friday. Annette, I'll post when I receive your package.

Rondi

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thanks

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Unless you have time to go back through all of our conversations in the pm, wait and lets see what Pandi says...

Pandi... Do you want to see your rows?

Pandi.. I hope you will upload a photo of mine when you are finished with it..

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the rows for bluesnail so far. I really need to rework my "design wall". It is the gridded flannel hanging from a quilt rack, so there is nothing firm behind it. I have the rows pinned in place. Between that and the lighting, it is definitely not the best picture.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
This is a close up of the row I made and the one that warm buns made. The saggy hanging on the design wall and the shadows don't do it any favors. I carefully cut the feather motifs before piecing the square in a square blocks.

Hope you like it!

Smile

posted Hide Post
Here is the picture of the row I did for Ely's quilt. Mine is the one on the bottom and the middle one was made by pandibear.

RN55 - you should receive this mailing hopefully this weekend.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post