Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have finished the 4" row for ekbuckeye's quilt:

Posts: 2160 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the 4 main colors of the cats....I really like how this quilt is turning out.
I might have to make one!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
that is adorable.....

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Tonya... Those paw blocks are really sweet... Really keeping with the theme.. great job!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25656 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! The row by rows are looking just wonderful!!!!

Posts: 3407 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
geez mailed already and I am still trying to come up with a plan!

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Rockin you are so creative love your paws.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The itty bitty kitty paws are on their way to you, JLu.

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
LOVE those paws Tonya! It is looking great! I will get to my 4" blocks this weekend.

Posts: 2521 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I have been really busy getting ready for a retreat next weekend so I dont have my next row done. I have all the patterns printed out and packed in my basket to take with me. I will try to mail them while we are there so they will not be too late.

Everyones rows are really looking great. It will be the last row before you know it. I can hardly wait to see what all comes back around. So far the rows are lovely. I love the little pumpkins gonesewin.

Posts: 3608 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone. How are things coming along on our rows? This thread has been quiet lately...are you COF Retreat gals getting ready to leave? (or are you there now?) I am not sure of the dates this year.

Haven't done much sewing lately. Not too much excitement here.....how about the rest of you?
Hope all is well.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Bumping up for everyone in our group to see the pictures of the rows. Smile

RockinBobbin, the COF this year is later in June. I won't be there this time Frown.

Who else is excited for more pictures?

Posts: 5025 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been gone for several weeks. Back now and ready to get some things done. I did take some hand work with me and got quite a bit done while at my Father's and sitting with him.

RN55, go ahead and send me your package, I am home now.

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
me me me

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
ROndi apparently I used a trigger word in the last post so it is in limbo. I am working on applique I don't do applique but this rrrr screamed for it. I am slowly getting it done hopefully will mail next Monday hope that is ok. rn55

posted Hide Post
No problem at all. Just wanted you to know I was home and ready when you are. Just let me know when it goes in mail and i will watch for it.
This will give me some time to work on my Scraps challenge.

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
thank you...I am stressing just a little I used to call applique the "A" word...but I am coming around. I have learned to Ruche (sp) and I am making asters. wow way out of my comfort zone. but I am hanging in there. hope all is well with you. rn55

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Morning ladies, May 1st is fast approaching so please update with your status of sending and receiving. Our next row is 8" for the month of May 1st - June 1st. My row will be heading out to Irish hopefully by Wednesday morning.

I realize the good weather is here and everyone has lots of indoor- and outdoor events to attend but lets try and keep this RR going as close to date as possible.

The sun is out, the temps are going to be in the high 60's today so I am moving my machine out on the deck to have some fun in the sun.Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - Holidays laces and more! are ready! 11/2013

Posts: 10243 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Not much to talk about here. I've been cutting scraping and starting over on Ellen's block 3 times now. I finally feel ready to sew. We were at a retreat together this weekend so I didn't get much done to them. I was actually short a bit so she is sending me some of her background. When that gets here ill be ready to rock and roll. Haven't seen any pictures being posted so I'm guessing its pretty quiet everywhere huh! I did however get my new camera so I will be posting a better view now.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
I took my rows to ponder over at retreat last week and got some great fabric. I think it took 4 of us to explain what was going on to the ladies at the shop. That's as far as I got, tho - too many distractions.

Jan, the fabric was mailed this afternoon so you can finish your purrty kitty row. And I'm going on the record that I said No when you asked if I wanted to see what you were doing, even tho I bugged you all week!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2281 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
MY PACKGE WHEN OUT IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY.
THANK YOU
ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here Kitty Kitty! Meow

J Lu

posted Hide Post
I sent my 4" rows already (the little paws),

I'm waiting on the next round yet.....

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
PANDI DID YOU GET MY PACKGE I SENT 4-29 PRIOTY MAIL.
I DID NOT GET NOTHING EJECT
THANK YOU
ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
Got it today!

Thanks Ely!

andi

Posts: 304 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ellen I got the fabric thanks

J Lu

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
The 12 4" blocks were more work than I thought. I have the blocks ready and will sew the row tomorrow. I will mail to you, Rockin, on Monday.
Sorry for the delay.

Posts: 2521 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I can agree with you on that Irish I had the hardest time with that 4". I wanted to stab myself in the eye.

J Lu

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
I've been working on the 8" block row for Nicki's quilt. It took a while to find a pattern I liked that I would have enough focus fabric. Six inches doesn't go very far with the larger blocks Frown. The pattern and colors are going together very nicely Smile.

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing Lace Angels quilt to Ely tomorrow. Love this chocolate theme. I fussy cut the blocks with words out of the print to use with the square in a square blocks that I pieced. Hope you like my row. I think it plays well with RN55's row...

Lace Angel... There was only 1 more piece of the 6" x 45" fabric in the package for the background for us all to use. You may want to forward Ely 2 pieces so she and pandibear will have a piece each.

Posts: 25656 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group 2 - May 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic - Mailing to Ely tomorrow -- Received from Rondi
Ely - Mailed to Pandibear
Pandibear - Received from Ely
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RN 55
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Hey Fleur55 just finished Ellen's row. Ill post a few pictures as soon as I can.

J Lu

Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
I am sorry but I am running behind. I will mail before Friday, I promise!

Andi

Posts: 304 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
J Lu, hahahaha! yes. stabbing myself in the eye!
Here is my 4" row with the rest of the rows.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I agree with that 4 inch row ugh Rondi I am still plugging away hope to have it done to mail on Wednesday I am so sorry it is taking me so long. I promise the 8 inch will be there before you know it.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I agree that 6 inch strip is not enough, when we do this again maybe we could send more of the fabric we want in every block. I am really loving this when are we doing it again!!!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
LaciAngel your quilt is looking awesome for you! that 4 inch row rocks what a great idea.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I know I know I am behind, that is what I get for deciding that this quilt had to have APPLIQUE, I am not great at it but I am plugging through with much help from a friend who happens to own a shop and is also a published designer so ELY you are getting an exclusive! Hopefully I will be ready to send out on Wednesday the latest will be thursday.

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
EvelynB, I have your yellow and blue cups rows. I love the yellow and blue combo and the cups are precious. I am trying to find something unique to go on the eight inch blocks.

How is group 3 doing on the mailing? Let me know please so we can post. This row robin is almost over. Where does the time go?

Posts: 3608 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
It is pouring down rain so it may be tomorrow before I head to the post office. Don't care nothing about getting out in this mess...

Group 2 - May 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic - Mailed to Ely -- Received from Rondi
Ely - Mailed to Pandibear
Pandibear - Mailing by friday -- Received from Ely
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RN 55 - Mailing by Thursday -- Received from lace Angel
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Irish I can't see your pictures? I don't know if its my computer or yours.

J Lu

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I could not see them either I thought it was just me. rn55

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Irish - couldn't see the picture either.

Sounds to me like a few of us are a tad behind in getting our rows out in the mail. Spring is here and I know with the good weather coming we are all going to be getting busier each day. Let's just make sure we at least inform everyone of our status as we go along.

JLu's blocks are on the way to Irish....being a Christmas theme, I decided to add some Christmas trees. I don't know whose idea it was to have a 4.5" row but can I just say ohhhhh weeee - what a pain!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - Holidays laces and more! are ready! 11/2013

Posts: 10243 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Well.. IF I had tried to go mail to Ely yesterday, I most likely would have gone floating by her house... We got 2 1/4" of rain!! We have not had that much in one day in several years!

I kid you not.. it usually rains on the other side of the interstate but never on our road... It is like their is a vacuum bubble keeping all the good rain away from us. But not this year. We are making up for lost time.

Our crop is not even in the ground yet!! Not even the 1st plant... and we are usually finishing up this weekend... It is just too wet to plant... been raining for 2 weeks now...

It is either feast or famine here and we are feasting this year. Rain rain go away... Little Butch wants to play in his tobacco field. Smile

Anywho... I mailed to Ely today but 5 minutes after we got back from town, the bottom fell out again... And this time it hailed too!!!

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
J LU, glad to hear you finished another row. I want to get as much done before leaving for COF. Better out of my hands at this point, so much to do and life has been busy. Send whenever Smile. I will have Nicki's blocks done this week.

Hugs

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
those trees are gorgeous.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
quiltaholic I was looking at your rows, did I miss something there is not a 6 1/2 row in your package?

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
Q I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET IT.
RN55 SOMEONE DID A 8" ROW FOR THE 6" SO I WILL BE DOING 6".
I JUST CAME TO WORK TODAY WAS SICK SINT FRADAY.
I HOPE IT GOES AWAY FOR MY TRIP TO NC WITH Q TO TAKE SOME CLASES
LOVE ELY

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Fleur55 I mailed Ellen's row this morning delivery for Friday. 9505 5102 3133 3128 3581 55

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Pandibear was supposed to make a 6 inch row...

Ely was skipped because she was out of the country and will be making her 8 inch row for my quilt at the end.

This is how it was supposed to go...

Thearica - 12”

Ely - 8"

Pandibear - 6"

LaceAngel - 4"

RN55 - 8"

Rondiquilts - 6"

Thearica - 4"

Can you tell me what all has been done on my quilt so far...