Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just received Pandi's row from Annette. What a beautiful package to open. Spring just jumped out of that envelope. What beautiful spring colors. Love it.
Now to put on my thinking cap and start designing a 4" row of blocks.

Thank you again for Nickilee for getting this RR up. I have enjoyed sharing with others on this.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
yes thank you for getting this going it is so much fun my husband and my quilting neighbor are anxiously awaiting the next row to work on. I will be sad when we are done>

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too Annette. We need to sign up for something else now. Hmmmm.....?

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
OR we could do another row row or something this is so much fun. Love to see how the quilts evolve from that one row. The one you have now, I REALLY wanted to keep for me. Loved that 1st row.

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group 2... Update on progress for the April 1st mailing....

Rondi.. I just spoke with Pandibear and she would love to see her quilt .. Can you post a photo with her rows all together.. Thanks so much.

Quiltaholic - Mailing Saturday
Ely
Pandibear - Ready to mail
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RN 55 - Mailed to Rondi / Received from lace angel
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q / Received from RN55

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25863 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Got the package from Lisa_Tx today. Looking forward to working on this row.
Evelyn

Posts: 7491 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Here is pandibear' s rowss

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I received my package from laceangel today!

posted Hide Post
oh my goodness, RN55, that must have been shipped by speed lightning! That package was just mailed Tuesday evening and its Thursday and you have already gotten it! WOOOOOW

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to update, I have received my next robin to work on and I have mailed my robin on. Should arrive in NC on Monday the PO said.

Rondi

posted Hide Post
I've finished the 6" row for Nickilee.
I love this block, but I had a really hard time with it! Grrr.....Nicki, you'll have to excuse my points (or lack of!).
Anyway, your quilt will be very pretty (love the colors)

Posts: 2226 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, so as you've guessed, I am behind on mailing. I appologize for that. I will get it out on monday. JLu, I know you've been waiting a while for this.....sorry for the tardiness.

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Rockin, it looks great!
I am also late mailing...out to you on Monday.

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
The package with timecard's rows arrived while I was out of town. Just opened it up and had a quick peek. Will come up with a plan soon. This is the 4" row--that scares me a little!

Posts: 5055 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Me too

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
4" row is hard so I decided to use my embroidery machine to make some centers. I finished this one early. It's due to Lori by May 1st. Here are Bluesnail's rows.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Here's a close-up of the embroidery blocks I used in Lois's row robin. Gonesewin, may I send this early for you to make the 8.5" row?

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well girls the rows are lookin so great. Rockin you get it here when you can now that I see it I can pout together an idea. I wasn't sure who I had next. I have so many things going I actually didn't remember to look at the calendar until today. With no kids around Easter was kind of a dumber. Talk to ya soon.

J Lu

Posts: 1093 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I added 8 little mice to the cat row, using my hand dyed fabrics from a class last year.
Fun quilt!

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
How clever! Mice that outnumber the kitties! That's so precious and will make it a great treasure. It's the unique rows that make these robins such fun. The bottom row almost looks like cheese slices!
Evelyn

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I have really enjoyed looking at all the round robin rows! These will be such uniques quilts!!

All of you have done such a wonderful job on your designs and fabric choices!

PamSmile

Posts: 5872 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Great work ladies. My rows are lookin' good!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2262 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Irish I love your mice and your colors are sweeeeeeeet.

J Lu

Posts: 1093 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Loving those mice! Too cute!

Posts: 25863 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
MY ROW IS RADY TO GO TO POST OFFICE TODAY.
PANDY CAN YOU TAKE A PICTURE AND PUT IT HERE FOR ME PLEASE..
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1783 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group #2 is all mailed.. Just a few to be received.. We are looking good ladies!

Quiltaholic - Mailed / Received from Rondi
Ely - Mailed
Pandibear - Mailed
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q / Received from RN55

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
It was a day late, but I did manage to get the package in the mail yesterday. Linda (warmbuns) my PO ticket says you should get it on Thursday. I have a tracking number if we need it.

I already got my next package from timecard.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2262 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Mine is looking awesome thank you everyone. beautiful.....cannot wait till July 1st to get it back. it also just happens to be my birthday what a great present!

Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
Ya know, if my real kitties were to ever see a mouse, they'd hide for days! Can't wait to get it home and see them in person.

My 4" row for Tanya's is ready; it was hard to come up with an idea for those small blocks. NickiLee, I'll wait a couple of weeks to mail it - and might change my mind about the blocks in the meantime!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2293 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Ellen - I think you'll love this! I just rec'd it today.....too cute!
I have too many ideas for this; I don't know which I'll end up going with.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I know right. I have a thousand ideas going on in my head for her row. It is to cute Ellen. Still waiting.

J Lu

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely.. did you receive today?

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Congrats to this month's winners! Going to work on my block this weekend. The blocks so far look gorgeous.

posted Hide Post
I finished April's 4" row for Pandibears Robin today. It is simple, hard to come up with something 4". It looks nice hanging with the other rows though. I will probably go ahead and mail it the first of the week Quiltaholic if you don't mind as I will be gone the last 2.5 weeks of April. Either that or it won't get mailed till after the first of May.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
go ahead Rondi.. I will be doing my 4" row next Wednesday when Marie comes over.. Might just get them both done up.

My daughter is having surgery so I have to go to Bama for a week anyway... Better to get them done and be ahead of the game.

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
Q I DID NOT GET IT YESTERDAY I WILL SEE TODAY'S MAIL AND I WILL POST HERE.
PANDIE DID YOU GET MY PACKGE LET ME KNOW PLEASE.
THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL WORK YOU ALL DOING I LOVE MY ROWS.
HUGS ELY

Posts: 1783 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Elizabeth... The tracking says it was delivered... Can you check in the office?

Your Item's Status Your item was delivered at 9:34 am on April 04, 2013 in CAMBRIDGE, MA 02139.

Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday. Sorry I didn't post. My niece had her baby and I was getting my baby fix. Ms.Bailee Susan is a sweetie with a head full of black hair. :-)

and

Posts: 305 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely is looking in to where the package was left... It says it was delivered yesterday morning... She was going to the post office at 3 pm today... hopefully it is there..

Henderson and Cambridge post offices aren't playing too nice! grrr

Quiltaholic - Mailed to Ely / Received from Rondi
Ely - Mailed to Pandibear / received from Q
Pandibear - Mailed / Received from Ely
Lace Angel - Mailed to RN55 / Received from Pandibear
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q / Received from RN55[/quote]

posted Hide Post
I thought of something for future reference...

I made one extra block and instead of throwing it, or hoping to someday use it, I think I'll send it along (it's for Ellen's quilt) and it can be used for the label. Then I thought...why don't we do that more often around here? Labeling quilts is so important, yet it's the last thing I think of.
I realize we can't do it this late in the game, but how cool would it be to have a label that everyone has added some of their fabric to? Even a simple log cabin block with the center large enough for info., and then everyone adds fabric around the sides. Or one person is in charge of one other members label.
Anyway, like I said - too late now, but those of you who organize multiple swaps can try it next time.

posted Hide Post
Along those same thoughts, I have put all my scraps and fabrics I have used so far on each robin I have had in a basket. At some later date I may make something with them. Or maybe piece them all together for the backing of my quilt? That would be a cool rememberance of all that passed through my hands.

Rondi

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm loving the suggestions about the labels. Why is it we always think about things in the middle of a project. Now you got me thinking.

J Lu

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
That sounds wonderful, great idea.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hoping to hear good news from Ely today.. This is package 2 for 2 that has gone astray... although package number one was my fault.. wrong zipcode... this one is not.. Tracking shows it was delivered to her but she does not have it...

I think I will take the next one to her and hand off.... grief!!

posted Hide Post
I have my row for Pandibear for April completed. I am putting it in the mail to Quiltaholic today since I will be gone the rest of April. RN55 please do not mail the next robin to me till after May 1st. That way I won't worry about it sitting at the Post Office and possibly getting lost.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
We are happy to report that the package I sent to Ely has been found!! yippeeee!!

It was delivered to City Hall for some strange reason... 2 blocks down from the offices where Ely actually works.

She called me just a bit ago with the happy news... but the post office isnt going to be so happy this evening... She said she is taking the package down there and complain... haha!

Let em have it Ely!

She said "Q, you wrote my name and address so big, there should have been no reason why the sorter put it in the wrong bin".

I agree!

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yippee I am glad it is has been found, cause as I figured it must be my rows. Give'em H**l Ely.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I am proud to say that group 2 is all accounted for now. Smile

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I received Pandi's quilt rows today from Rondi..

Rondi... that label inspires some square in a square blocks.. and you know what is in the center.. Smile

Group 2 - May 1st Mailing Date progress...

Quiltaholic -Received from Rondi
Ely
Pandibear
Lace Angel
RN 55
RondiQuilts - Mailed to Q