Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 RRRR - Party has started
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 RRRR - Party has started Sign In/Join 
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Got Lisa_Tx row mailed to Lori this afternoon.

Posts: 7570 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, beautiful work on my row Smile. I mentioned my issue with the length either on the PM or in my note enclosed in the package--can't remember. The rows that I'm doing for everyone else will be correct, I just couldn't figure out the math any other way on my own row. I was working from the French Braid book and altering the size of the center square to get the right height. I should have also changed the width of the braid strips.

I have my focus fabric strips still sitting on my counter to mail to the rest of the ladies in our group. I'll get those out right away!

Still working on the row for warm buns and I already have the row for bluesnail that is next in line.

My sewing room shelves and drawers have been installed and I'm busy putting fabric and supplies away in there so it will be a few more days before I sew again.

Posts: 5101 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have finished my row for pandibear but could not remember if she wanted to see pictures or not. I took one just in case and will post it if pandibear wants to see it and won't if she wants to be surprised at the end.

Will be mailing it out on Monday.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done! Ready to mail RN55's row to Quiltaholic. Have photos made and will try and post this weekend and plan to get to PO on Monday.
Ready for LaceAngel's row....

Rondi

Posts: 1577 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Cannot wait to see it!

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go Annette, (RN55) hope I'm not in error but you said you wanted to see the work in progress afterall...?

Rondi

Posts: 1577 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
You are right I wanted to see it. It is gorgeous thank you so much.

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you like it. It looks a little wavy there but its not, just looks that way hanging above the row you made. I was trying to interpret the vines in the border print you have picked out for your quilt. Also some of the flowers on your border print have a red print that looks like rick-rack. So put a teeny tiny rick rack on my blocks in red.
Rondi

posted Hide Post
Its too quiet...everyone finishing up over the weekend? I am heading to the PO now with RN55's row to mail to Quiltaholic. Will be watching for my next package this week. Anxious to get started.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Posting RN55's addition to Lace Angels quilt...

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25900 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my! How detailed is that? I like that.

Rondi

posted Hide Post
oh wow that is gorgeous and fun. I like!

I am not going to be able to mail out the next one today as I promised but will be able tomorrow. I am snowed in today. In an area that seldom gets snow but when we do, the whole town closes down. No schools, even the colleges are closed (which is unusual) and only necessary personell are asked to show up for work and the rest of us are asked to stay off the roads. So I am obeying and staying in - a holiday!!! Will stop by the PO tomorrow and mail out the package to RN55. Just giving you a headsup. Don't be standing by your mailbox as the package is going to be late.

Posts: 280 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
We're in San Antonio visiting DD. We planned to drive back so I could teach my two college classes tonight but it looks like Lubbock is shut down. Guess we'll drive home tomorrow. Might be a good excuse to go back to the quilt shop today!
Evelyn

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
No problem. I am home sick AGAIN I finished my steroids Thursday it had been a month and Saturday I started getting sick AGAIN. so a new antibiotic and a doctor visit tomorrow. I am so over this please pray that I get better soon and this new antibiotic does the trick. I just want to breathe again without coughing up my lungs.

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Lace Angel I am glad you like it. Did you see the post? There was chocolate and hearts there had to be diamond's? It is paper pieced, I left the paper in due to the bias edges. Where the seams are sewed the paper is gone.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Group #2: Mailing report

1 Quiltaholic - Will mail on Thursday

2 Ely - I will be mailing to Pandi for Ely

3 Pandibear

4 Lace Angel - Mailed

5 RN 55 - Mailed

6 RondiQuilts - Mailed

Posts: 25900 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
The only RR I initially specified colors for was the only one that really disappointed me. Does anyone else find it easier to come up with an idea when there is a "theme" for the RR? When I make my initial block or row, I usually don't have anything planned, but find it helpful to me when the ones I receive have a color scheme or theme.

I have a block designed for J Lu's row and now I need to get it from paper to fabric!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2320 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Lisa_Tx,
If I were you, I'd take off the last strips on your braid and replace with oversized right triangles. Then trim so your row is exactly 48 1/2". It'll be extremely difficult for others to make a 53" row using the correct height. It doesn't really matter if your original row is 12 or 13 or 15" tall. The length determines how they'll be set together. Just a suggestion to make it easier. I had a French braid quilt with alternate strips of fabric with a pattern I didn't want to split. The oversized triangles worked well to get the desired braid length.
Evelyn

posted Hide Post
Yippee! Q~, take a photo of it before you send it off. I can't wait to see it. I love seeing all these progress photos.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
There is also another way Lisa can create her quilt once it is home. She could add a certain size strip to each side of her row... Then add larger strips to only one of the sides of the correct size rows that everyone in her group will make for her..but if she adds the larger strip to the right side of one row, the next row she would add it to the left side... The rows will be offset back and forth ..

This is a quilt I did this way... Of course.. Lisa's row would be in the center and the offset rows would be above and below it..

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the thoughts, Evelyn. I made other comments about my row either in my note or on the PM, but I didn't expect anyone to come up with something that length. Hopefully all of the other rows will measure 48" long and I will fix my initial row up once it comes home Smile.

I'm sending Linda's row out to you tomorrow.

Posts: 5101 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of that.

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Jean for resizing the block for me!
Here is my row for Nicki's quilt.
mailing in a bit to you Tonya

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hubby had to go in to town so I sent my personal row off by him to mail to Pandibear for Elizabeth.

Pandi... My row will be the only one in the package because Ely has been out of the country and was not able to do her row for my quilt. So just pretend her 8" row is in there. Smile

Rondiquilts will mail my package to Elizabeth at the end of the RR so she can do her row for mine at that time.

I am upstairs finishing the last bits of my row for Rondi's quilt and will mail tomorrow when I go for a chirpopractic exam. I was hoping hubby would wait for me to finish before he went to town but nadda...

A photo of my row is below.. My favorite pattern... the traditional churn dash...

Group #2: Mailing report

1 Quiltaholic - Will mail on Thursday

2 Ely - Mailed by Q

3 Pandibear - Mailed

4 Lace Angel - Mailed

5 RN 55 - Mailed

6 RondiQuilts - Mailed

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Here is my uniting fabric...

posted Hide Post
Any updates ladies?

I picked up some fabrics today to use on Lace Angels row. Will be Monday before I get started on it. I like the idea of these being smaller blocks.

Rondi

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the next round.
Tonya, did Nicki's row's come today?

Posts: 2529 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely... Watch your mailbox for Rondi's quilt!

I have been gone all day with my mother in law and went by the p.o. on our way out.. We didn't get home until after 6 p.m. We ate supper that I brought in and I collapsed in the recliner! I almost forgot to post before I went to bed.. Will get photos posted over the weekend.. We are off to a Needlework Show first thing in the a.m.

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
My package is in the mail...and warmbuns should have rec'd it yesterday.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2279 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No mail yet, but maybe this afternoon. I will let you know as soon as I receive it. Can't wait to see this one.

Posts: 2228 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Working hard on your row Ms. Irish I had a hard time with this one. I hope you like it.

J Lu

Posts: 1145 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Hello group 2 I received my package from lace angel so l have Pandora bears (how do you get rid of auto correct?) I love the blocks I know what I am doing going to hit my stash.

posted Hide Post
I rec'd your pkg, Irish.

I am now working on/ thinking about my design for the March-April, 6" row.
I have many of these colors to use, Nicki - I love the choice.

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
J Lu, anything you do for me I will LOVE! Promise.
Rockin, isn't Nicki's a great starting point?
I am loving this RR~

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Thanks Irish - looking good!
The past couple of months have been rough and I'm just now starting to catch up with everything. Needless to say my row for Ekbuckeye hasn't gone out - I'll put it in the mail first thing Monday morning Priority.

Why didn't someone tell me years ago that the older you get the tougher life becomes... waaaaaaa I want to be 20 again!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10291 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicki,
Nice to see you back, have missed you. Hoping days get better for you.

ROndi

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I have not been watching this thread. I have been on the pm thread looking for momma's lil children for group # 3.

Bluesnail I took pics of what I rec. from you but have not downloaded them and resized them yet. My computer has been tied up all day with grandkids doing school work.I will get that posted shortly

Posts: 3634 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of timecard24 and bluesnail's row for me to add something to. These two are wonderful and it will be a hard act to follow.

Posts: 3634 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! I got my first block done for Lace Angel, looks good too. I have the rest cut. Will try and get a couple more done tonight.

Rondi

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Rondi.. I will get your photo resized and posted today.. I have been setting up a huge blog hop and have not had much time to get anything else done computer related.

posted Hide Post
Hey there
Looks like everyone is coming along nicely.

I will be on vacation from the 9-17 - no computer at all, so just a heads up.
I have my rows from Irish and all the fabric is ready to rock - will wait to sew until I get back.

Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
bluesnail, my blocks look beautiful.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Just finished RockinBobbins row, what fun! Here is a pic of her row and mine (6"). Don't worry J Lu I won't post a pic of the one you did Smile

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
How cute is that, perfect!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness Fleur your row is adorable. I think I'm going to surrender here. I thought it would be fun to wait but, now I am feeling like the bad guy here. Would you add my row in so RockinBobbin can go on vacation without wondering what she'll be missing. Thank you.

Jan

J Lu

Posts: 1145 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
No problem J Lu. I'm with you I also wanted to wait but seeing all the others posted I will surrender with you.

RockinBobbin here are pics of both J Lu's and my rows.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
J Lu here is a pic of the row I did for you. Sorry I don't have a pic with your original row. Hope you like it.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Now your going to make me cry. I love love love it. Thank you.

Ok here is Irish62's rows

J Lu

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Irish62's rows. How beautiful they are. This RR has kept me on my toes. Now what to do next????

Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my rows!!!
this is a really great RR. Everyone has done such nice rows.
We just had a program on collaboration at my guild. I also started one of these with them. we have 3 groups of 5 women who will have a real treasure in the end.