Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  February Birthday FQ Swap 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February Birthday FQ Swap 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue B
posted
Ok ladies, I off to a uuugggg start this year. Can't seem to get rid of it.
We have one Birthday this month. Happy Birthday to:

February 2nd-Royalboomer

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1501 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Mine went off in the mail Friday.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1501 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Mine went in the mail 1/18/14

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Envelopes written, ready to stuff.

Posts: 4456 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Received Kayla's envelope today. Thank you so much, such a pretty shade of blue.

I have to say, this month has been such a confused mess it never entered my mind when the envelope was in the mailbox. I can't keep track of the days well since I retired, one just seems like the last one....what a nice surprise to figure out my birthday is coming up very soon....groundhog will get to predict 6 more weeks of this horrid stuff or an early spring )

Thanks you again - I'll post a picture of all in February with the answer to early spring or no....

Posts: 6626 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Mailed Royalboomer her birthday FQ today.

Happy Birthday early.

Posts: 8114 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Mine will go out in the mail in the morning...1/22. Happy Birthday Royalboomer! Hope you have a great day!!!!

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 733 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ljptexas
posted Hide Post
Mine went "a runnin'" today….. Have a wonderful birthday…...

Posts: 140 | Location: NE of Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be late - yesterday's mail brought a package with a very lovely FQ from SueB - thank you so very much. Our mail comes very late on Wednesdays since the shopper comes then and the truck has to stop at each and every house (at least I think that's the reason !) Then we met with a contractor for 3 hours designing and negotiating the price of a bathroom project - going from tub to very cool shower (but much safer).

Thank you so very much SueB - PS (I love the card you used Smile )

Posts: 6626 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Sent today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Posts: 4456 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Royalboomer... Your Birthday FQ is on the way!! Have a great birthday!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday February baby!

Mailed your package today. Scheduled for Monday delivery... Chris

Posts: 6159 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Today's mail brought FQ's from:

Elainetoo - the green you chose could not be more perfect!! Thank you so very much.

ljptexas - the pink is so soft and feminine - it's going to be welcome addition to the pastels to make up a baby quilt. Thank you Smile

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
mine will be mailed tomorrow 1/25

Posts: 160 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dtigger
posted Hide Post
I will mail mine tomorrow after work to royalboomer. got more fq's ready in envelopes.

Posts: 443 | Registered: May 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Birthday FQ on its way...Have a wonderful birthday RoyalboomerSmile

Posts: 748 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Today brought wind chills of well below zero AND two super pretty FQ's from Mountain laurel and Kay-lin. They are both almost too pretty to cut into but I must Smile

Kay-lin - believe it or not the one from Mountain Laurel is the exact shade of the lightest green in the one from you. Timing is everything Smile

Thank you both so very much.

posted Hide Post
Mine went off this a.m. Only a state away, so it should get there quickly. Happy Birthday Royalboomer.
Jackie

Posts: 851 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Royalboomer,
Just wondering??????? I mailed mine out on the 22nd has it arrived yet? I hope it makes it.
Thanks,

Posts: 733 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sheila - please forgive me....I found your envelope where I set it when I brought in in yesterday. Something was nagging at me earlier today and that was it. When I cleared off the table there it was and then I remembered putting it there to take to my office the next time I headed that way. I should have known better than to trust my memory Smile In my defense, I know my memory is shot now so I take care to put important items where I know I'll stumble over it easily - hence today Smile I've been doing a LOT of stumbling lately.

You made a perfect choice in FQ's it makes me smile every time I look at it. Thank you so very much. I love the shade of blue you chose.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'm happy it made it there. I know the feeling of something nagging in your memory and not knowing exactly what it is. I do it all the time and I got to go back and retrace my steps.LOL Have a great birthday,

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Good to know I have company - sorry you have to deal with it Smile At least I have stopped walking into a room with absolutely no idea of why I went in there!! My baby sister just started doing that - that'll teach her for making fun of me, bless her heart.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Royalboomer, I sent you package off yesterday. Happy Birthday!

Posts: 529 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
I mailed your fat quarter today,Royalboomer,have a great birthday!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltslots,

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Wow! I can't believe how much warmer it is today from yesterday. Wasn't bad going out to the mailbox at all....to top it off there were two packages waiting...

Wenonah and Fleur55 - gorgeous fat quarters. (one pink and one purple) I can't wait to work with these come spring. Thank you so much.

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I mailed your fq about a week ago. Did you get it yet? If not I will send out another.

Posts: 1443 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Linda I mailed your FQ yesterday. Happy Birthday and enjoy all your prizes.

patsy

Posts: 3509 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
It's snowing AGAIN - I can't take much more Smile On the plus side - the mail brought a FQ from dtigger today. A definite bright spot to the day. Thank you!!

Deb - I did double check the envelopes here just to make sure and I have not received one. Maybe it felt the cold and headed west..... Smile

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I will put another in the mail tomorrow. I so wanted you to have it by your birthday. It may have headed west. If it wanted sunshine and warm temps, it sure wouldn't hang around here with snow, ice and below zero temps. I cannot take much more of this. I need a break.

Posts: 1443 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I see that one of the b-day gals next month wants civil war fabric. I don't know what civil war fabric is, I don't have any. i'll need to buy one but can't buy it if I don't know what c w fabric looks like lol. I feel so dumb LOL

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Morning Patsy, I found this website and they have a good selection of Civil War Era prints. Be careful you might get hooked Smile
www.quiltbook.com/civwarrepo.htm

Dianne

Posts: 748 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
and a good morning to u Dianne, thanks for the site info.

patsy

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I have a large bin full of CW fabrics that are patiently waiting for me to turn into ???? So yes, be careful Smile

Mail Call: Deb51 - you just knew it would come today didn't you?? Such a pretty shade of pink as well. TN is not that far from southern WI - Maybe it was waiting for some company to head north with. In any event, it made it here and is much appreciated.

Cksvett - Your lovely green is perfect but I have to tell you the magazine sure did bring up memories. I used to have a subscription to that back in the 80's, shortly before I took a "vacation" from sewing of any sort. It was fun looking through it. Thank you.

Ears2u - Just lovely - the pink will play nicely with all - I especially like the "texture effect with the very subtle print. Thank you.

Califgal (Patsy) - Just what I needed today - it snowed bunches yesterday and will again tomorrow BUT today brought lovely happy pink and purple flowers to remind me spring will be here soon. It makes me smile just looking at it - hope the real thing comes soon. Thank you so much for the lovely fabric and the well-timed reminder Smile

I went out today and stopped at 2 quilt shops looking for some specific colors for the CYOC swap - between getting out, the sunshine and the goodies in the mailbox I've had a great day! Enough to get me through being housebound again tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
Hi Linda,
I mailed out your FQ this morning.Where did January go? Should arrive on Tuesday.
Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Judy

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Linda, that is the way I feel looking thru them too. What fun. At the last day of a church sale where everything is a $ or 2 a brown grocery bag full, a large pile were at that sale by the checkout counter. When I commented on them, the checkout lady gave them to me. Had been her mothers and I guess I was the first one that commented or asked about them.
This is year two I have included them... Chris

Posts: 6159 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Another 4"of snow - another FQ Smile The service cleaned up the snow, yeah.

Quiltslots sent a lovely soft pink that will play nicely with the previous FQ's received. I'm excited to think about working on this come spring. Thank you so very much.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
FQ Good
4" Snow not good. I know the feeling I'm so tired of the snow too!

Happy Birthday!

Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Royalboomer, it's been a pleasure reading your enthusiastic posts as the fq's came in. I'm drooling over your descriptions. And since I asked for the same thing, I've got my fingers crossed that everyone bought two. Smile Wink Wave

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Well, you should see the lovely soft green Patricia Anne sent - received today. Personally, I'm very fond of all shades of green so this one is really "up my alley" Smile Thank you Patricia!

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
FQ from Bruins Fan received today. I really love the shade of blue you chose, it is so very pretty. Thank you.

(I'll go through the list today or tomorrow and if we're "done" Smile take a picture and post so you all have an idea of what to look forward to in the months to come. This has certainly been a lot of fun for me Smile )

This message has been edited. Last edited by: royalboomer,

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Received another FQ today from DJILLM - thank you very much.

I'll go ahead and take a picture after the mail comes tomorrow - just in case. I thought there were 2 outstanding but I may be wrong so we'll call it done with tomorrow's mail Smile

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry i am late, your fq is on its way. Hope your birthday was grand!

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and got the picture ready this afternoon - gives all an idea of what you all can look forward to in the coming months Smile Thank you all again.

(RN - I'll let you know when it gets here - a big thank you in advance Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: royalboomer,

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Annette - Thank you so much - arrived yesterday but I had some computer issues. The purple will play nicely with its friends - good choice. Smile

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Glad you received.

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Oh they look so soft and pretty all those FQs. I wish it was July for more then 1 reason LOL.

Heads up March Babies I mailed yours out. I'm leaving soon and won't get almost the 2nd week of Mar.

posted Hide Post
March ladies, yours are in the mail. I had them ready to go and DH grabbed them and mailed them yesterday. Happy Birthday. Jackie

Posts: 851 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wenonah:
... I had them ready to go and DH grabbed them and mailed them yesterday. Jackie

Wenonah, you have him well-trained. Smile