Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OT need prayers...now a broken hand!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT need prayers...now a broken hand! Sign In/Join 
Picture of nancyc20
posted
next edit: Today's discovery is that he broke 2 bones in his hand when he fell the other day. Possible surgery for that tomorrow. At least his pacemaker is doing its job!!! Pulse was 80 yesterday. Oh my.

edited to say: Greg's dad is home, doing pretty well. Has a sling on his arm to hold the area still so it will heal up and he won't pull any wires out (aaauuugghhh!). Greg said that will be the problem...he's active...keeping him from being too active might be a challenge. Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. Very much appreciated. Smile

my Father-in-Law just fell and hubbs is with him at the hospital (in another state from me)...they are going to put in a temporary pacemaker because his heart rate got down to 30...tomorrow they will put in the regular pacemaker. He is 93 and has up until the last month been exceedingly healthy. I have back and hip injuries so I can't travel to be there to help. I'm trying not to be scared but would sure appreciate thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8708 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I pray all goes well for you as well as for him and your dh.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry. Sending prayers.

Posts: 470 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Dear All: The first pacemaker is in, Greg's dad could talk a bit, ate some. Biggest
problem is his hearing aides aren't in but they're hoping he'll sleep all night and it
won't be a problem. Nurses are fussing over him. The second pacemaker goes in about 12
hours from now...1:00 PM Friday. Greg says he feels fine (himself)and thanks everyone for
the prayers. I do too!!!

Funnie: When wheeling him in to surgery, the aides had a hard time removing one shoe.
Greg's dad told them to take his leg off (he has a wooden leg...lost his in WWII). They
were quite startled, and Greg showed them how to do it. Well, those guys played a prank
on the next nurse who got him after the pacemaker was in. They left the leg in place, but
turned it sideways and covered him up. Greg went in the room with the nurse and watched
her very puzzled and shocked expression when his leg came off. Those silly hospital
people! I'm sure that will be a story told around the break room.

Thanks for praying everyone!
Nancy

Posts: 8708 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
It's nice to have a little humor to relieve stress. Praying for you all Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5079 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Keeping your family close. A little humor can lift the spirits and aid in quicker healing.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25830 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Glad he's resting well now. We'll keep him in prayer as he faces another surgery soon.

Posts: 3593 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
I know it's hard when you can't be there to be part of it and know everything going on. Glad there is a fun side to it all. Ts and Ps for you all.

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4592 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
My prayers will be with your father-in-law & hubby as they go through the day. Hugs to you as you have to stay behind & prayers to calm your heart.

Nicki

Posts: 8164 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Prayers continue.

Posts: 3344 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I will be keeping all of you in my Ps. It sounds like they have the hard part done now. Wishing a speedy recovery for your DFIL. He sounds a like like my Mom who is 95. Can't keep a good person down for long.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2314 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Praying for healing, comfort and peace of mind
((((( HUGS)))))

Posts: 4052 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nancy, Prayers for you, DH, and Father-in-law. May all go well with all of you.
Pat & Sue.

Posts: 8060 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Pr a ying for you and yours. May you all find the strength to go on.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for your FIL and the rest of your family.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marion2
posted Hide Post
T and P for him and family!

Posts: 5676 | Location: OK | Registered: Jun 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thinking about you! He sounds like my dad who has been through some stuff too at 96. They are made tough. Hoping he will recover quickly.

Posts: 811 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hugs and prayers for the strength needed to get through this

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 761 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
All you have to do is ask! I've added all of you to my thoughts and prayers list.

Thanks for the humorous touch.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6635 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Saying Prayers for you and him!!!

Posts: 5000 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be keeping you all in positive thoughts and many prayers. Hugs for you. I know it's hard for you not to be there with them. Take care of yourself.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the entire family, that is one funny story too! They will remember him!

Posts: 2673 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Too funny about the jokesters!

Many prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Posts: 17048 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I will also keep you all in my T&P.

Mary

Posts: 3997 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
More special thoughts coming your way. It's hard to wait for news in these situations, so I understand. Glad your DH could be there with his dad. No more leg pranks on the poor staff, though!

Hoping today's surgery goes OK. Keep us posted.

Posts: 5824 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goodness,its awful when you can't be there to assist in those pranks Smile Thinking about you & your family and know FIL's guardian angel is with him. All the best.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10069 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Adding my prayers.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9522 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I am not a quilter, but read your post. I am sending my thoughts and prayers to your Father-in-Law and you and your family. It is a blessing you have so many friends on your Quilting Forum. I know that is a comfort to you. Marylee

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sending lots of pr*ayers and hugs Group Hug to you and your family.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
I'm glad he's doing better. Scary at that age. He sounds like a card. We had a nurse tell us (when my hubby was in Hospital) that she couldn't give him 55 units of insulin because the syringe only went to 50! duh! I just told her 50 was fine. and one Nurse cried because hubby upset her. Nurses are human too. But I'm pretty sure they like a good laugh!!

CC

Posts: 4654 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Sending up prayers just for you! I just noticed the time.....he must be in surgery now.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1933 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts his way.

Posts: 13289 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T's & P's also coming from me as well. Hope he's home soon.

Hugs
Gina

Posts: 350 | Location: in the land of quilting | Registered: Jan 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers...hope the 2nd surgery goes well. Hugs for you!

Devonne

Posts: 14982 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Now I know personally how it feels to get these wonderful notes and feel the support! Thank you all so much. We're all on the West Coast, so the surgery hasn't happened yet...11:59 here. The surgery will happen soon. My husband was giggling on the phone last night about the leg, so at least we had some comic relief, thank you G od! Smile

Hugs back to you all. Nancy

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Here in Wisconsin it is almost 4pm. Hoping FIL doing well with the surgery. Keeping him in thoughts and prayers. Here's to good news soon from DH.

Posts: 8060 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Hi all! Greg's dad is out of surgery (went well) and ate 1/2 his dinner! First time in a week that he's eaten that much! Dr.s and nurses are pleased. In an hour or so they'll get him up. Yikes! Gone are the old days of throwing you in bed for 2 weeks. whew. He may even go home tomorrow! aaauuuggghhh! That would scare ME! Greg's on his way to eat dinner. Thanks for praying everybody. G od bless you all for the support! SmileNancy

posted Hide Post
That's wonderful,hope he continues to improve.Did his leg make it back with him?Smile

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10069 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did his leg make it back with him?

He'll probably carry it out with him over his shoulder. hahahahaha!

posted Hide Post
good thoughts and wishes to you and your FIL and hubby...

Posts: 3465 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear the good report & that our prayers were answered. Thanks for the update.

Nicki

Posts: 8164 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear both surgeries went well. It is amazing how quickly they get them up and at 'em. My dad had 3 pacemakers. The last was just a replacement and no overnight stay!!
I'm guessing he will have visiting nurses for a bit and PT. Hugs and prayers your way.

piney

Posts: 3188 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the surgeries went well. He sounds like someone I would really enjoy knowing!! Prayers for a continued recovery!!

Pat

Posts: 436 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
So glad surgery went well! Even gladder that a 93 yr old WWII vet is doing well! He's part of my Dad's generation but my Dad's been gone for a number of years. Tell your husband I'm adopting him as my Dad in my prayers!

Posts: 5778 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Glad surgery went well!

Posts: 3698 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your FIL sounds like a hoot---so glad that every thing went well.

Medicine is wonderful but it sure needs the help that prayers provide.

Wanda

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
If the recovery from the pacemaker procedure is anything like my DH.. he will only have to keep his arm down for a week..then he is good to go.

Posts: 3421 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Sending T's and P's your way!! Love the hospital pranks!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5818 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
He's home and GRUMPY. Which makes hubbs grumpy and sad. sigh. Not a good patient and not a good nurse. sigh.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I've always heard that grumpy is good when it comes to illnesses....a sign that they are getting well. Wink I'm so glad he's home & so glad that prayers were answered.

Nicki