Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  IN THE GARDEN mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IN THE GARDEN mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Shawkl I hope you get it soon If you don't get it by next Friday I will send another one.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1461 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
No worries Sue B., sometimes the mail just takes a few days. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.
Hugs,

Edited to Add: Ha, it came in todays mail! I adore it! So very nice of you to use a design from my own blog as your pattern...you are just too sweet!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawkl,

Posts: 4610 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a gorgeous mug rug. All so different and all beautiful.

Posts: 311 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Shawkl I'm so glad you got it and you like it. Sorry it's backwards, I just notices it. lol My printer must still be on reverse printing (have to make a not to change it).

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1461 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Very pretty! Sue B, you did a marvelous job on Kathy's mug rug.

Posts: 3530 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
Very festive mugrug today from Catwm27 .. clever making flowers from stars/
I went to International quilt show in Long Beach today - it iwas amazing .. and i am done in . .. i will get a icture tomorrow..

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8994 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sassy needle pusher
posted Hide Post
Quiltnanny, anything yet?

Sassy NeedlePusher

Posts: 4358 | Registered: Dec 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Hey Lisa! I got my mug rug today.
So CUTE! I LOVE it!
Totally Purple!
Can you post a pic of it for the ladies to see?
Ladies, she made me a two sided hexie flower with all different shades of purple !
Thanks so much Lisa!
Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califshrimp,

I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says: "Oh NO! She's UP!"

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Apr 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I received my very cute, pretty, my style, mug rug from Sassy today!!!
thank you sassy I love love love it and it will be under my cup tomorrow. thank you!
please post pics.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whee - only took a week- they must not have GPS on that mail truck!

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Evelyn, just to let you know no mug rug as yet hopefully by the end of this week.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Here's the one Missmikol made for me. When I took the photo, my camera gave me a message that a blink was detected as the camera snapped. What? Baahahahaha! I don't think so.

Isn't he the cutest little owl? Reminds me of the one I watched from my studio as he swooped down to gather a mouse. I hear him singing as I work in the garden.

ETA ... Now I wish I'd purchased delivery confirmation. Hope yours gets there soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,

Posts: 3530 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Roz, I'm so sorry. It's sad not to get one when we see all the beauties here. I never got one from the previous mugrug swap. But there was a health problem involved and that's 1,000 times more important. My excuse is lack of inspiration. I should have mailed it to you the first week instead if the last week. I had ten friends over for lunch last Friday and they all adored the chicken you made. Thank you again!

Posts: 7025 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Califshrimp - glad it arrived. I have pictures of both the one you made and the one I made. I will try to get them up tomorrow. I have to do it from work and work has been crazy lately.

Posts: 2779 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
OK, great! Thanks!
Wave

I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says: "Oh NO! She's UP!"

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Jane _kiwi : Several days ago I mentioned on the PM thread that your mugrug hasn't arrived. I'm concerned it may have gotten lost in the mail. Will let you know when it gets here.
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of missmikol
posted Hide Post
SeeingStars, I haven't seen anything yet. I'll post as soon I it gets here, just didn't want you to think I was slacking in me posting its arrival. I'm glad you like your little owl. Being out of the sewing room for a couple I years, I was hoping it wasn't too plain. Wink

... ... ... ... ... ... ...
A hug is a great gift - one size fits all and its easy to exchange.
http://missmikolsplace.blogspot.com ~ http://russonreview.blogspot.com

Posts: 3128 | Registered: Oct 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
great mugrugs so far!

Posts: 4898 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..finally found the camera ... on my cutting table ??? In plain sight .. got pictures of the beautiful Patriotic Garden from Catwm27 ... and I'd like to say that I am pleased it is not so FooFoo that I cannot use it! I Truly enjoy using my mugrugs and showing them off to others while encouraging them to give it a go... Sat. at the Internation quilt show in Long beach I met a lady in an electric chair that had not heard of 'mugrugs' .. well not one to leave a new quilter without a new project - I gave her my card and said if she'd contact me I'd send her some pics and instructions ... today she replied so these will be the first of the pics .. and I'm sure she will not feel intimidated to try something that is meant to be fun and non complicated ... I hope that didn't sound like I was simplifying the work Catwmn did .. not my point ... I like that it's not so FOOFOO that it will scare this lady off .....
May I just ask that if you are getting inclined toward over doing them - that you re-think it?
This swap is just about all I have been up to for several months now, and I don't want to get pushed away by competition. Not meaning to hurt any feelings, and if I did, please don't flame me here ... thank you .. and thanks to Mandy for keeping it going month after month and to all of you who have swapped with me .. I enjoy this immensely.
(I hope I found all the corrections needed!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: City/Sandie,

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8994 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.. and this is the back... BTW .. the stars on the front are sparkly ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
quote:
May I just ask that if you are getting inclined toward over doing them - that you re-think it?

I don't like them to have embellishments that make them unwashable. But I do think the nice thing about these tiny quilts is that we can try something new only once. The theme is a great idea because I get to think about it for a while and try to be creative. Of course, I've also stolen designs I've seen posted here! LOL I've got two saved in my photos that I saw while surfing and I'm hoping a theme will allow me to try the design.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..EvelynB .. you are right, and Ithink most of us are in fct doing just that - trying new things and creating pretty tiny quilts ...
did any one see that pretty one pictured on FB today? looked more like a small placemat, lots of lovely work on it ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I agree with you both - no embellishments, no competition but a chance to try something different.

I think this months mugrugs have been extremely creative. Good job ladies! Looking forward to receiving mind.

Where on FB did you see a mugrug City/Sandie?

Obviously autofill thinks I need a mind!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltinana2,

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..that mugrug I mentioned is called Growing Flowers and can be seen here:
http://j.mp/13K8t9N

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
How cute!! There are a few of them there that are worth a second look. Thanks Sandie

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2931 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Missmikol, I'm busy planning for the quilt guild program tonight and a (65 invitees) bridal shower at my house on Sat. But after these 2 events, I will remake your mug rug if it's still wandering aimlessly about the country. If I do make another one, I'll post the first photo at that time. I really liked the one I made for you.

Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Craftsy has a lot of really cute patterns for mugrugs.
I have purchased several of the patterns.
I'm not talented in designing so what I do is use my paperpiecing books. I can find patterns for about any subject or holiday. And they are just so darn cute!
I use 2 other books: Block Magic and Block Magic Too
They use squares and rectangles to make all kinds of things.
I like my rugs to lay flat and I can throw in the washer.
All the rugs I've received have been wonderful!
How can I go wrong with PURPLE!!
Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califshrimp,

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Finally I am posting pictures of the very cute mugrug I received and the one I sent. First - the one I received from Califshrimp - don't be fooled when Califshrimp says she isn't talented at designing!!! It may be from a pattern but you still have to decide which one to use and may have to cut it down some for the mugrug. I can't imagine the small pieces she had to use for this one.

Posts: 2779 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
And now the first side of the one I sent her.

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
And the other side. I will have to find a picture of my pretty purple house to post for you Karen. My neighbor two doors down thought I was absolutely crazy when I painted my house, he was sure I was ruining the neighborhood!! LOL

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Very cute sunflowers mug arrived today from our host. Did you get mine? I mailed it 9 days ago.

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 531 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow that was fast! no i haven't received it yet.

Posts: 4898 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Jane _kiwi - there are palm trees in my kitchen in Michigan! Thank you for the cute mug rug. I will have to try that raw edge applique soon.

Can you post a photo as my laptop is still waiting for my IT son to fix it? This is from my Kindle. Thanks again.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
All these mug rugs from this swap are so pretty. I was glad to be a part of it & love the one pegasami sent to me.

Nicki

Posts: 7930 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Evelyn,
Great news your parcel arrived while I have been away for a few days. My daughter collected it from the mail box on Friday I got home yesterday to this lovely surprise.
Wow I was spoilt not only a beautiful mug rug but 2 crocheted scrub pads, 2 magazines that I am sure my husband will love reading, a couple of postcards and a little note pad. Thank you thank you.
I will not be able to post a photo till Thursday when my daughter calls in ( I am not clever enough for that.
Again thank you I am thrilled.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Roz,
I'm so glad you got it. It's amazing how long it takes to go to another country! I send packages overseas to family and sometimes it's weeks, sometimes months, and once a package went from Texas to Saudi Arabia in less than 24 hours! I love magazines and thought Texas tourist magazines might be fun. I'm so sorry it's tardy.
Evelyn

Picture of missmikol
posted Hide Post
SeeingStars...you are fine. I definitely understand busy schedules. I think the first one must have decided to take the scenic route, very scenic. Smile
I'm loving all the variety with these, nice work ladies!

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Here's the one that's AWOL. Unexpected family left this morning. I'm off to a late start with work and will start a new mug rug tonight.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
SeeingStars,
That's so so cute! I love those bugs and the quilting is awesome. If I were you, I'd make multiple copies of that one. Maybe even a table runner for the dining room. It's so sad it disappeared but what a treasure.
Evelyn

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is a beautiful mug rug. I hope it shows up sometime in the future because it's to pretty to be lost in the mail. I love the quilting swirls on it.

Nicki

Posts: 7930 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
hi sassy
you said you would post pics of our mug rugs . please do so.......thank you

Posts: 4405 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Evelyn
My daughter is here to post the photos of my beautiful Mug Rug and goodies.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
A close up of my Mug Rug, beautifully made and the stitching was superb. Thanks again Evelyn.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad you like it, Roz. I firmly believe that happiness is a choice that we make every day of our lives. Those flowers are the bluebonnets that Lady Bird Johnson had planted to beautify our state. Certainly makes the highways gorgeous since she also got rid of the nasty billboards that used to be our only sight when we traveled.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, that's a pretty mug rug & made me smile when I saw it. You did a great job on it & it represents Texas well.

Nicki

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Missmikol, your 2nd one is one the way. This time with delivery confirmation # 9114901123086096290193

The postal service claims it was delivered yesterday. I hope you received it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mandylifeboats:
wow that was fast! no i haven't received it yet.

I'm sorry it didn't make it. I dreamt it came back to me. I will get another to you soon. I am getting my dad ready for colon cancer surgery next week.he's 96 so there's a lot to do and it s worrisome.

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 531 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sue, don't make another. you take care of your dad.

posted Hide Post
Quiltnanny, I'm emailing them to Mandy to post. I can't resize from my phone and HGTV won't accept the size of the file. Stay tuned!

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of missmikol
posted Hide Post
Mail Call....Look what I found in the mail box today.
Thank you so much, SeeingStars! I absolutely love it!