Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  IN THE GARDEN mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IN THE GARDEN mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
Quiltinana you are fast! Smile I will look out for it next week, yay!

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1807 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Omg I am not that fast and don't want to be
I will get my mugrug to Sassy by the 31st of the month.

Posts: 4432 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
That was fast! Will let you know when it arrives.

Posts: 4422 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quiltnanny:

I wasn't trying to be fast or rush anybody. I know the deadline. But I have a big quilt to finish and I was "clearing the decks " so that I could get to it. I had been thinking about what I wanted to make since the topic of the swap was announced and was ready to go.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
My mugrug is here! And I love it. Plan to post a picture in the morning so you'll know I'm gonna be using it.Wave

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Here's my MugRug complete with morning coffee!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Kathy (skawkl) you mugrug is on it's way, i mailed it today. enjoy Smile

patsy

Posts: 3478 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Wiley, that sure is a nice mug rug. What a pretty way to start a morning. Thanks for the pic.

Nicki

Posts: 8120 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I can even eat a snack or two with my coffee or breakfast. The possibilities are endless.

Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
Finished mine today but won't be able to get to the post office until next weekend

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
J Lu, I'm making progress. Trying something new for me, hope you'll like it. I've finished the top, will get it sandwiched and quilted this week sometime.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Els I've just today found a pattern that I like. Ill get started on yours tomorrow.

J Lu

Posts: 990 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sassy needle pusher
posted Hide Post
quiltnanny, I'm the same way ~ you'll have your mugrug by 7/31, not 7/13!

Sassy NeedlePusher

Posts: 4362 | Registered: Dec 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Jane _kiwi - USPS tracking says your package was delivered Friday the 5th. Did you get it?

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Ttt.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
pegsami, my little rug will be going out to you tomorrow & I'll let you know the tracking # when I get it.

Nicki

Posts: 8120 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
J Lu, yours should go to the post office on Monday.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
WOW did I have a surprise last night in my mailbox, my mugrug from Shirley (Shirlwin) all the way from Australia in just one week!!!

Shirley your work is just beautiful and I really love it thank you so much. The colors are so bright and cheerful and the butterfly is really cute. I hope you don't have to wait too long for mine to arrive. I guess we now know who has the better postal delivery.

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 754 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I love the colors and such a good idea to include a postcard.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my mugrug from Kathy yesterday but I can't post picture, the card reader on my puter went capoot.. but I love it and it is sooo cute. ty Kathy.

patsy

Posts: 3478 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Yay Kayla! I am so pleased it has arrived safely.

Posts: 368 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Shirley I really do love it and the fact that is a little larger than a standard mugrug is perfect I'm going to use it as a candle mat instead of a mugrug.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 754 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, that's a beautiful, colorful mug rug. I love the little butterfly on the side.

Nicki

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Shawkl thank you I received my awesome garden mug rug and yes I LOVE it. I'm not shure where I will use it.
This picture does not do it justice.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1485 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Shawl So pretty !!!

Posts: 4432 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Oops

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltnanny,

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mug rugs are suppose to be used! I use all mine.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Shawkl, that's such a pretty, delicate mug rug. It brings out the beauty in the garden.

Nicki

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I love the wee bird drinking at the bird bathSmile

Posts: 368 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Is that hand embroidered? Is lovely.

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
oh what a sweet mugrug, so dainty. love the design.

get your thinking caps on, next month's theme is "county fairs"

Posts: 4970 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I admire anyone that does handwork....I don't.

Looks wonderful Shawl you do great work!!!

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2989 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I've been trying for over an hour to scan/resize/save and open this. Lets try it again.
Well the photo came out dark and not very clear. The petals are fussy cut yellow flowers and the three leaves are fussy cut as well. Maybe Jane can post a better photo.
Joan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltinana2,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Elsie123 I just finished you rug except the binding. Ill play with that tonight while I'm watching TV. I hope you like it. Ill get it out tomorrow.

J Lu

Posts: 990 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
Thanks J Lu! I just put yours in the mail this morning, you should have by Wednesday or so.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Great I can't wait to see it.

J Lu

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I have my mugrug made for HappyErm....hope to be mailing it tomorrow or wed!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6792 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Ilovemy4kids did you receive the mugrug I sent it has been 2 weeks and I thought you should have received it by now. If not I'll do another. Please let me know...Thanks.

Posts: 2989 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
I got mine today from Nik--I am so glad she said she would do a pix of it, as I want everyone to see what a darling mugrug it is!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1033 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
Sue Stitches, i am still working on yours. i haven't forgot about you.

Posts: 4970 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
I received this beauty from skawkl

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

WHEW! Quiltnanny, I'm glad you've not already finished and mailed mine...cause yours is enjoying it's vacation in my sewing room right now Smile

Sassy NeedlePusher

posted Hide Post
Quiltnanny, just saw your post saying you USE your mugrugs...that answered the question and determines my choice to complete and send your way. I work everyday this week, so, don't sit by your mailbox just yet Smile

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Finally, my head cold is clearing up enough for me to think...and operate my camera phone photo transfer software! Here is the mugrug I received from Califgal...thanks again Patsy.

Posts: 4633 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Also this week...my mugrug from Applik arrived. Thanks Kate. It's kinda Hawaiian don't you think? Well, I do...and shall think of a nice vacation when I use it. Hugs!

Posts: 4633 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Both are really cute, love the bright colors

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Shawkl, your work is exquisite. Love your hand work.

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Sassy, We still have a few weeks! I plan on finishing up and put in mail next week!!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Kathy you got some really cute rugs and I'm loving yours of course.

J Lu

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Evelyn, I have finally finished your Mug Rug.
I hope to get it in the mail early next week.
There sure have been some lovely mug rugs received so far I am loving looking at all these.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post