Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  April Stashbusting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April Stashbusting Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Welcome to the 2013 Stashbusting Thread.

I am Gonesewin and I will be starting a new thread for each month for everyone to post pictures (If at all possible) or tell about your stashbusting efforts. It does NOT have to be quilting! This can be any kind of Quilting & Needlework!

There are just 2 "rules" to join us: what you make make should be mostly from stash and it should be finished during the month you post it as finished - please don't post things you made otherwise - sew & tell would be a more appropriate thread to share those projects. There are no signups, or swapping or... Just this thread. Everyone is welcome!

As an incentive -or as a reward- cksvett has graciously agreed to give a prize to someone who completes a stashbuster each month if her name is drawn. Let's all be sure to thank her!

SEW, let the stashbusting continue!

April Stashbusters:

Rainbow
SavedSinnr
sewlove2quilt
jacky
sprmom
Marion2
motqltr
bluesnail
crazy'boutquilts
cksvett

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Wow, l found this on page 2. Does that mean l'm really the first to post for April? Wow!

There's another birthday block and 2 Christmas blocks from the same pattern. The Christmas blocks look better in person than in the pic, too.

All 3 are totally from stash. :>)

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9384 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! I've been using stash ... fabric, lace, polyfil ... all the fun stuff needed for pin cushions! Smile These are just a few I've made for the swap Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Chicky those sure are cute. TFS Guess you really meant it when you said you were going to do lots of sewing this year. LOL

Posts: 7852 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I love those pincushions! Big Grin

Posts: 10449 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
SS, those pincushions are sooooo cute!!! Big Grin

I finished sewing down the binding on these 2 'mini' disappearing 9 patches I made a couple days ago. Only took a few small scraps {barely had enough fabric for the binding on the blue 1...wheewwwww it was close but made it!} They were easy and didn't take very long to make...only a couple of hrs each!!! Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Made another project using up a bit of my stash...this iron caddy! Big Grin

One of the ladies in my quilt guild gave us the pattern and showed us how to make it.

I'll be using it this weekend when I go to a quilt retreat {no more carrying home a hot iron wrapped in a towel!}...the handles are a bit floppy & might sew them down (but not sure yet}. It opens to lay flat so you can use it as an ironing mat!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sewlove, that is very cool!

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sewluv... I like making things that have more than one use. What a neat idea. Pat

Posts: 7852 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Way cool!!!Love those PC and that iron caddy is so neat. I finished clipping,washed it and used rest of fabric for two pillow cases.Will be long time before I do one this big again.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8884 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Slow start this month, but what is posted is prety neat... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks I missed the 5000 post!

Posts: 9468 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I rec'd my gooddie box for March!! B~I~G chunk of green fabric will be used for a backing! Thanks for the other goodies, too!!

I'm packing for a quilt retreat this weekend {leave early tomorrow morning} so can't take a pic right now but will sometime the beginning of the week, k?

THANKS again!!

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
I am not regular player but I made my grandson a John Deere quilt in memory of my daddy who collected them, all from stash I have bought over the yrs. Thought you might like seeing it!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Nice everyone.

Posts: 4305 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marion2
posted Hide Post
I used fabric from my stash to make my April wallhanging including border.

Posts: 5561 | Location: OK | Registered: Jun 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
everyone must be out enjoying the sunshine or shoveling snow...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I made a new water bottle cozy. The other one was almost shreds. This is the Univ of Idaho fabric, where my sons attend college. Only use abt 10x17"

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm doing a fb "quilt along" and have selected fabs all from stash. It's abt 9 yds total

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I used stash for the sew-sew mugrug swap; want to wait for ST in MT to receive b4 I post pics

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Lori, they are all out doing their taxes...LOL!!!

Nice pic's/projcts shown!!

I'm finishing up a 'HUNTER's STAR' quilt that I started about 3 yrs ago...it just needs borders added now {got the blocks done at a quilt retreat this past weekend} but I won't get it quilted for a bit cause all my pins are in my 'weaver fever' quilt that is on the pile of to-do's...can I post a pic of the top even though I'm not quilting it for a while??

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Hooray! I finally got something finished to add to this thread.

I made a twin sized quilt for one great-grand son and a double sized one for the other GGS. Not only did these 2 quilts help bust my stash, but I finagled some friends to "donate" from their stash to help with variety in these two monsters.

This one is the double sized quilt.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2189 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
And here is the twin sized quilt.

I think they'll both appreciate these quilts next winter when the temp in PA gets COLD! The twin size quilt is totally from stash but I had to buy batting for the double. All the rest is stash busting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bluesnail,

Posts: 2189 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Lois - those are beautiful! You really busted your stash! Do you have any fabric left?!!

Posts: 4803 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jill, I might be able to find a FQ or so. LOL

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Neet to see those quilts finished bluesnail after watching you cut all those little squares! Like the way you used the same squares for a line on the first quilt... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Sprmom, don't need to be a regular, we welcome everyone whenever they have something to post. Hope to get DH to take some pictures this weekend as I just need to press the last two borders on a QWL top I finished last night and it is done... Chris

posted Hide Post
Lois - I'm still laughing. Can you imagine what it would be like to use your last piece of fabric?!! Have nothing left?!!

I say this as I'm trying to put everything back in the sewing room. It doubles as a guest room and our exchange student just went back to Germany.

Lets just say that I need to bust a lot of stash! Sheesh!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The one that makes quilts for the Quilt in a Day show uses all he left over fabrics from a quilt on the back so she can start over with the new quilt. So there may be 1 person who doesn't have a stash? LOL Chris

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
My stomach is rolling...feel light in the head... (gasp!) use my last piece of fabric????? Oh no! The thought just makes me queasy. LOL

But I don't think I have to worry about that. I figure if I live to about 120 years I'd still have enough stash to make 1 or 2 more quilts.

posted Hide Post
I moved more fabric today than I'll ever use. I get frustrated with myself.

I'm definitely going to be working toward putting a dent in what I've got!

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
What fun projects everyone!
Bluesnail I love your scrappy quilts!!

I made two tote bags and matching zipper pouches~ all with stash fabric. Smile The zippers were in my stash too. I love a good stash! Wink

Posts: 10449 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Oh great projects everyone!!

Crazy-love that fabric!!!!!!!

Lois-those quilts are to die for! The boys will love them!

Sewlove=neat iron caddy! You always make the coolest stuff!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5710 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Great projects all....I recognize the John Deere fabric - wonder where mine is?

Posts: 6459 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Finally got all my pictures from DH so here goes.

These are the pillowcases I finished last month... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
This is binding, backing & pillowcase for the last QWL top I put together a couple of months ago... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
More pillowcases for QWL from previous months... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Finally up to this month. Here is the latest doll quilt for the "Mrs Claus project"... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest top with blocks donated to QWL that I put together so the sashing & border came from my stash... chris

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I think you were right Lynn. Once the 15th passed we've been getting lots of pics of pretty projects Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Lois, I love the quilts for the boys. I don't think I've ever seen a layout like the first one. I really like that one.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6235 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
I love everything I see here, hard to chose a favorite as I have so many. You have all done such a great job on your projects.

I haven't sewn in so long now but I want to get back into it & this thread encourages me to use up stuff I already have on hand. For the month of April I made 5 of these & cut out a sixth. The 6th is the pink one not yet finished but the other 5 have been given away already & I plan to make more. Not much to show but it is a start & it felt good to be sewing again.

LOL... edited to add the pic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lensews2,

Posts: 5232 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Here is my April stash busting project. All from stash.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3450 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many neat projects! I have a donation baby quilt, but it's not quilted yet. If I get it done tomorrow, I'll post it.

Handie Ann - that Irish chain is gorgeous!

Len - I happy to see your burp cloths! They are cute and I'm sure they are greatly appreciated!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Lori is on vacation and I have agreed to do the drawing for the prize this month.

Since I can't add to the original post, I will add the names on this post that I think need to be added to those in the first post. If I miss anyone, please let me know. I will have DH draw the name on the 2nd. that way if I miss adding anyone.

Added to the list on the first post:
Handie Ann
Miss Lensews2
Will Quilt for Chocolate

Please let me know if you posted something and Lori or I missed including you... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

posted Hide Post
I got my baby donation quilt finished! All I have to do tomorrow is sew down the binding, which i do by machine. Had to come down and watch hockey playoffs with DH!

All the fabric is stash! The red is hard to see, but it has little cowboy boots and cowboy hats on it. The black trim on the cowhide print is little horse shoes. I love this quilt!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will Quilt for Chocolate,

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Small group this month, only 13 if I haven't missed anyone.

Will draw in the morning if I don't hear that we skipped over anyone... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Well, DH drew a name (he is in big trouble since it wasn't mine) and the winner for April is.........motqltr.

Congrts and please send me your mailing address so I can get your prize mailed to you... Chris

posted Hide Post
Congratulations motqltr!

Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Motqltr!

Jill, I love your western theme quilt too. So many wonderful projects even if there was a small group for April. Can't wait to see what you all make in May.

Posts: 5232 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post