Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Final block for the Funky Chicken sew-along
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final block for the Funky Chicken sew-along Sign In/Join 
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Ladies u have all done such a great job I just may have to join in 2013..

Does Sindy have a url?

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3065 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are all my blocks... still have to finish cutting and sewing my border...

Will do close ups of a few blocks I know I didn't show finished.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
December block-- Noah's ark like. The teeth of the crocodile are cool up close but the embroidery floss blends into the chicken body too much.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
November block- skateboarding chicken... needs to strap on her helmet though Smile

posted Hide Post
October

posted Hide Post
September... the worm was fun to do... was a crazy quilting fabric someone from the board kindly sent me a while back.

posted Hide Post
August... books have always been in my life, so this block was personal

posted Hide Post
July... my personal favorite. A German football club ("soccer")- BVB 09.

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, Jen. Those are just too cute. You're gonna make the rest of us look like slackers!!

Sewnso -- yes, Sindy Rodenmayer has a webside called http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already posted June on the other thread. Here is May- pirate chicken!

posted Hide Post
I posted April (flowery chicken) on the other thread. March is Easter...

posted Hide Post
February is on the farm... although I did find some bright Valentine's fabric after I did it.

Grr.. camera battery died, so I can't post the changes I added to Jan & Feb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quilter Jen,

Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Wonderful blocks each and every one. We had pattern printed for awhile but had to get some christmas sewing done. Got these done yesterday.

Here is tommitalk's

Posts: 904 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Here is mine.
whew got them done for whole year. We talked sashing today, not sure yet but hopefully will work on this and a couple things tomorrow.

Posts: 904 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen, I love the extras that you put with your chickens. You did an amazing job.
LionPride, Can't wait to see what you and your mom do with your chicks. Thanks to all for sharing you Chickens with us chickens (to afraid to try) this year. Pat

Posts: 8151 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sash
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1461 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely, lovely Sash. The cornerstones are great.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Your quilt is great Sash! How are you going to quilt it?

Posts: 1105 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These quilts are amazing!
So many fun ideas...they are all so funky. How did I miss this?!?
Please show more - so cool!

Posts: 2226 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My top is done... will post the picture at 6:30 or whenever I get home from work. Actually have a whole row and a half hand quilted (too tired to work on heart blocks after work this week)

posted Hide Post
My finished quilt top:

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
My top is all done & ready to quilt.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen.. That is some funky chicks!

Love all the quilts. Nice job ladies!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOVE the quilt tops posted with the black sashing, but since I used black backgrounds, couldn't. Next quilt maybe Smile

posted Hide Post
Jen, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Funky Chickens!!! I knew it was gonna be spectacular.

I posted this elsewhere, but wanted it to be on this one too.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh all these chickens are roosting in high fashion. Everyone of the quilt tops is beautiful.
Hats off to BlueSnail for reminding everyone to make their chicken each month. Great Job.

Posts: 8151 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
After seeing everyones great quilt tops I am sorry I didn't do this one. Are you going to do the same this year with the fish?

Posts: 2897 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watching your fun and wonderful blocks come to life all through the year and have to tell you all...WONDERFUL! They are all so fun and original! Thanks for the fun eye candy!

Posts: 3510 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
It has been almost a year since the last post here. I finally started quilting the top. 11 birds down, 1 to go but my kitty doesn't agree with that Big Grin

Posts: 1105 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
This is such a great group of chickens. thanks for bringing up the thread again.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3065 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Aneal, Maybe you need to make your kitty her own little quilt?? She looks cold. LOL
These sure were cute chickens everyone made. Be sure to post when you get it all done.
Pat

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
She has one of her own but always uses mine, finished or not Big Grin Big Grin
I'm almost done. Binding is on but I found two spots which I forgot to quilt so back to the machine it is Wink

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
The top is finished!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
and a detail of the quilting.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Anael, now that is what I call a "Happy" quilt, it makes a person smile just looking at it. Wondering what all those chickens are thinking of and what plans for mischief they have.
TFS Pat

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks Patty! I have no idea either what they're up to but I'm sure the cat is in it too Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I'm glad this was brought to the top again. I love these chickens and hope to get mine done someday.
Great quilts.

Have a Good Day!

Posts: 13296 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know where I was when this all began, but I sure have enjoyed all of the pictures today !!! Every one is a treasure for sure----

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1047 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved the quilt show!

Nice job quilters.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6336 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
WOW, all these chickens are amazing. I love seeing the finished quilts & everyone is so special & unique. I'm amazed how just the placement of the pupil in the eye can make the chicken look so different from another one. The chicken wire fabric on some is so cute...gives it that real "hen house" feel. Every single one is so cheery & fun & bright & brings on a smile with each one I look at.

Fantastic work on these!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Nicki

Posts: 8328 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Holy Moly!!! I haven't followed this thread and boy have I been missing out! Soooo creative. I love "em!Smile

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9581 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have mine about 1/2 quilted... should pull it out and finish it!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Haven't looked at this post since way back. The individual chickens are wonderful and the finished quilts are really great. Love them!

Posts: 8137 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Loved seeing this again and how nice of a project this was. I need to get these out and get mine finished too.

This was a great BOM.

Mary

Posts: 4040 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post