Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 HGTV Patriotic Challenge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 HGTV Patriotic Challenge Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
lolllll

I am soooo glad you two joined this show. You have made it so much fun. Love teasing with the two of you.

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
We are enjoying everything about this board including the teasing. Never take life too seriously is our motto.
Sues' project is really going to be cool. Instructions were kind of hard to figure out, but Sue keeps plugging along.
Paus, thanks for hosting. Pat

Posts: 7813 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paus- I was side tracked today with a breatuful Asian table runner, so I did that today. Will continue to work on my R/W/B this weekend. LOL
Does not take much to sway me to make a new project. Lovely Asian fabric, with a great pattern makes my day. Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Posts: 1481 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
You mean you didn't make that runner in RWB Asian fabrics?????

I have got to get going on my project, seriously!!! All the panics will be over by Wednesday, hopefully, and I can get back to my life as I knew it. lollll

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
We'll be thinking of you, Paus, Sending happy thoughts your way. Pat & Sue
Anybody else working on their RWB??? Remember it doesn't have to be big, just something, even a picture would work according to our "leader" Paus, Let's make this the biggest show yet. Pat

Posts: 7813 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I just finished putting the binding on a lap size donation quilt and realized that it will be a good one to put in the show since it is R/W/B! And I now have the hand quilting all done on the queen size quilt, just need to bind it.

Posts: 6468 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
MaryLou, good to hear you got one done. This is such a fun showing. Glad you will be joining us.
Pat

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I made a RWB quilt this year. I just can't remember if I already showed it on Veterans day. It was a veterans day gift for my flyboy.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3116 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Erme, if your quilt wasn't in last year's show, it can be in this year's show. That is the only real rule. It can have been shown anywhere on this wonderful board, just not in the Patriotic Show.

You know we'll be looking forward to your quilt, pvillelou. They are always gorgeous.

posted Hide Post
I am hoping to get mine done this week. Paus, did you start your project yet??? Sue

Posts: 1481 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Sister Sue: I'm having a real hard time getting past the sewer backup/basement restoration mess in my place. Hard as I try, I'm stuck in that groove right now.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, that is terrible to have a sewer backup. Our sump pump went out about 2 weeks ago and I was bailing water out for several hours before DH was able to find one around town, they had a run on them and places were sold out. Luckily he got the last one and was able to get it installed with very little problem.

posted Hide Post
Paus- sorry to hear that you have water issues. Hope you will be able to get it fixed soon. Then you can do more fun things, like Patriotic Challenge. LOL I finished mine and will have it ready to post when the time comes. All are welcome to show their R/W/B projects. Lets have a large group for the show. Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I've finished a lap quilt that may work out to be in the show, it's a retirement quilt in patriotic colors. Smile

Posts: 1375 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are at May 5- looking for more participation for the Patriotic Challenge. All who have R/W/B projects, please remember to post at the end of the month. Sue

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Not that anyone is counting, but.....

There's still 16 more days to get a project ready for displaying in the Patriotic Challenge.

It's gonna be a good time!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Sad to hear your can't use your craft room yet. Hope to see lots of R/W/B on display by the end of May. Sue

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Really just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost on page 2. We have 14 days to get our RWB projects done. Sure hope we have a great show again this year. I love looking at everything.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Woke up this mornin' and said to myself...."Self, there are only 5 days until the great Annual HGTV Patriotic Show. I think you need to get on the board and let everyone know how exciting this will be".

So here it is Ladies, only five more days until all the splendor of this Memorial Day weekend will be on display.

Are you ready????

posted Hide Post
I have two small items complete and need to put together one more block for my topper. I've given myself this Thursday as my deadline.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of RWB projects!!

Posts: 840 | Location: MI | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's bring on the R/W/B- Show your true colors. Sue

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Attempt #6. This is funny. I have never had to do something like this before. As they say, where there's a will there's a way. Here's hoping this works.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Well, at least that worked. lolllll I had to make a 'photo' of my post in order to add it as an attachment to my post so that I could say The time is here and I'm excited!!!!

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
I got my kit sewn together on Saturday. To make it big enough for the place I'm planning to use it I need to add a border. It will be a piano key border from all the fabrics in the wall hanging. I don't know if I will get the border on before the weekend or not, but I'll post a pic of what I have.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2823 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!!!!!

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Paus, I had the same problem post the other day. The word that triggers a stop from posting is L*rd.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3116 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I found some really cute patterns for RWB while shopping at quilt shops in Vegas. Wish I had time to get one of those done, but I do have mine all ready for the ""Big Show" Can't wait to see how many we get this year.
Thanks to Paus for taking the time to get this started again this year. Hope your water problem is better and that you could get at least some sewing done this week.
Pat

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Happy Erme. I didn't even recognize that I used the word L-rd', it's just natural to see it and not object to it.