Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 HGTV Patriotic Challenge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 HGTV Patriotic Challenge Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted
...it's January 6th and there's only 138 more days until the 2013 Annual HGTV Patriotic Challenge show.

Sixty-two percent of the year is gone, is your project 62% complete?

Recap of the rules

RWB projects.
First time shown in the Patriotic show.
All crafts allowed.
Hand made.
Everyone posts their photos, and if you can't, send them to me and I will.

Patriotic Challenge 2011
http://s156.beta.photobucket.c...tic%20Challenge%2011

ETA: grrrrrr, how many times do you check your posts and once you've posted it, you find errors. grrrrr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,

Posts: 5933 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Gosh! That's cute!!!! Who cares about mistakes...I can't see any! Looks adorable to me! Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8454 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paus- You can count me in for the challenge. I love doing R/W/B/ toppers and quilts. Do not know which pattern I will use, but I have new patterns to try out. LOL Thanks for hosting. Sue

Posts: 1500 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Hey Paus
will the QOV quilts we're doing/collecting for the retreat be eligible?

Posts: 5675 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sue told me it was up and you know that I'll have something new to show. While we were at Retreat in Branson, I think Sue said she was buying something to use in this challenge. I hope we have lots of quilters join in.

Posts: 7864 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Glad to see my favorite sisters are on board. Wouldn't be the same without you.

McPatches, anything RWB and hasn't been shown in a previous Challenge can participate.

I 'think' I've found my idea for this year. Mulling it over.

There is always a good response to this Challenge and the cheerleaders are so great with their praises, can't help but think there will be a good turnout. Everybody loves red, white and blue.

We have gathered quite a few newbies and I'm hoping they'll take up the Challenge; it's good for the quilting soul, don't you think?

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
My brother's SIL and I are doing a quilt to raffle for our nephew's memorial fund again this year, so I'll have an entry! The theme this year is fun but I'll explain that when I post the picture.

Posts: 6484 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
Don't know if I will have time but maybe a small one.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
LOL@ me! Maybe this year???

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9385 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see what you come up with this year, pvillelou.

Lumpy Tush: There is no size requirement in this show. I sure hope you can find time to make some little thing.

Rainbow: In my first post for this year's show, you said 'maybe'. This is the second 'maybe'. Can I look forward to a 'perhaps'? lollll

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
That might be pushing it! Smile

I do love looking at all the project each year, though.

======================

Posts: 9385 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Well, since I plan to do a QOV quilt for the retreat, I guess I'm in!

Posts: 4582 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
and I'm sure I can manage a little something...hoping to get my nephews naval quilt finished, not sure it will make the show, it has been a labor of love and ripped as much as it has been sewn...I want it to be as perfect as I'm capable of...lol...my nephew has always been my biggest fan and harshest critic Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have at least one something done, so count me in too! I'll just have to figure out how to post pictures by then.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
It is so much fun seeing what everyone makes for their challenge. It doesn't have to be big nor does it even Have to be a quilt. We've had aprons, chickens tablecovers, so let your imagination run with this one. Pat

Posts: 7864 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Since I already signed up for a QWL top, I'll be all set for this come May. Smile Maybe I'll even have time for a little something extra - as long as I have the rwb basket out. Cool

Posts: 4380 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Patty J, don't forget the Rooster in front of a restaurant. lolllll

QWL quilt are more than welcome.

Looking good so far. Can't wait.

alliquilt: Checkout this thread. Excellent information there.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/3903944667

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Guess it's time to become more vigilant about bringing this to the front; time is getting short.

There are only......3 months 'til the show. Are you ready, almost ready?????

Lookin' forward to this year's show!!!!!

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Hey! How about a "I'm working on one!"???

======================

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
lollllll Rainbow, one of these years you're gonna have to come up with one. lolllll

Picture of Becky from NY
posted Hide Post
Just got the fabric all washed and ironed. I'll be ready. Can't wait to see all the new projects this year.This is my favorite post for the RWB.

Posts: 710 | Location: NY-US | Registered: Sep 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Grin. I'll have 4 to show this year. Don't think I'll get any more done before the show date.

Posts: 7997 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Hey, all, I have an idea and the fabric. Let's see if I can make it. This is a fun and creative challenge, so everyone join in. Pat
Paus, who could forget that Chicken??? I do think Chicky was cheating a little by posting that No way could she make something that big!!! She is vertically challenged just like me. LOL Smile

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Becky: You are always in the show and have terrific projects, so definitely looking forward to seeing what you've got this time.

Elaine: Saw your post on the other thread and shook my head in amazement. You really do get things done!!! As always, will be looking forward to your projects.

Now, Patty, the show is open to allllll craft projects. Photography is a craft so Chicky's Super Fowl fit right in. lollll And today's cameras are so small, even the vertically challenged can handle one. lolllll

Glad to see you have an idea, better than me. lollll Will you and Sis be competing again this year? Love that!!!! One of the funner parts of the show. lollllll

posted Hide Post
Paus- You know I will be there to show my love for R/W/B LOL Not sure which pattern I will use but it sure will be fun to figure it out. Sue

Posts: 1500 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
First off, I need to thank Patty J for posting a reminder about the Annual RWB show.

Thank you, Patty.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...963931967#6963931967

And then I wanted to remind everyone that the time is quickly slipping past. Busy time of the year for many, birthdays, weddings, graduations, end of school, life in general so you really do need to make sure your project is moving along. You know you will be missed if you aren't there on the 25th, 26th, or 27th of May 2013. C'mon, you know you will!!!!

A short 51 days!!!!!

ETA: OM Lawdy, did I need to make a typo correction. Hope you didn't see it Patty J. lolllll

Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
I am ready to post my rwb project just as soon as you give the word.

formily Becky from NY

Posts: 57 | Location: Clayton NC | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still in the thinking process....but I'll have something to show!

Posts: 840 | Location: MI | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not started mine yet, but it will be ready for the Show when it is time to post. Sue

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
OK, the race is on. With the help of a 10 year old friend, my project is picked out and I should get going on it shortly. lollll

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I think I'm a little further than Sister SueSmile I have my fabric and pattern and ruler, so I'm set, just have to get going on it. I will be ready by the end of May. I love it when a Plan comes together.Smile Heard that on TV from the program escapes me now, but it starred Hannibal, Barakus, oh darn, Where is Sue when I need her????

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
You know, I spend a lot of time during the year looking at patterns, modifying patterns and drawing up patterns for this show but it still comes down to the last month before I get in gear. I should be ashamed, you know?

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
quote:
but it still comes down to the last month before I get in gear. I should be ashamed, you know?

nah...your'e just pregnant with the idea!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8454 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
lollllll Well, that certainly is a new one for me.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nancy, maybe sister Sue is "pregnant" with her plan???
I remembered the name of the show..."A Team" I thought about it this morning while exercising.LOL

Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post
I haven't done this before... but I have a red/white and blue top I finished piecing a few weeks ago. I'll enter it if I get it quilted in time!

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
asimplelife. Please do join in, quilted or not. You can make a note of that when you post it. We absolutely love seeing everyone's projects.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
As usual, my entry in the patriotic show will be a queen size red/white/blue quilt. My brother's SIL and I collaborated on piecing this one. I'm having an old-fashioned quilting bee Thursday to get some friends to help with the hand quilting. The quilt will be raffled in June for my nephew's Memorial Fund. The quilting is about 1/3 done and I hope by the end of the day Thursday it will be 2/3 done.

Posts: 6484 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Here it is April 21st already, had to use the search feature to find this posting. Just wanted to move it up to remind everyone that you had better get going on your project so it is done in time for the "Big Show"
I have another idea that I'm going to try, but I've got a project done, that I don't think I posted before. We'll see what happens with my new idea. LOL

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Patty J.

posted Hide Post
Looked at all my different patterns and I think I have found the one I want to try. This will be a new technique for me and we will see if I can get it to turn out. LOL Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
No question in my mind that it will be Sister Sue fabulous. Glad you found your pattern. Can't wait to see it.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Just for the record>>>> TaDa. I have my project alll done. and I beat Sister Sue. Hers' had a few more pieces than mine, but mine can be colored Done. YaHooooo

posted Hide Post
Patty did complete her's first and she is not giving it to me. (sad) Congrat's to Patty. I am still working on mine. Have it all cut and now sewing multi pieces together. Loving it so far. Sue

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I have a group blocks from patriotic swap, if I finished it, does that qualify for the show?

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3544 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Yeppers, it do, motqltr.

Sister Sue: I cannot believe you let Patty J get ahead of you this year!!!!! That's one for the record, you know.

This has been such a week for me. I haven't done a thing related to sewing or quilting. Mind is running all over the place. I'll be playing ketch up for quite awhile.

Good luck to everyone else. Remember to have fun!!!!!!

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Last night I was doing some digging, eh, I mean straightening up, in my quilt studio and found a RWB kit I bought a couple of years ago. I'm going to try and at least get it sewn together before Memorial Day.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2826 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, Meme!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, you can believe that I'm writing the accomplishment on the calendar so I never forget what year beating Sue happened. She has been working on her RWB and I think it is harder than mine was.