Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  PAJAMA PARTY - Woven Snowflake -
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PAJAMA PARTY - Woven Snowflake - Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
It is Jayardi and she puts them on Google doc's.

Beautiful snowflakes everyone,Cr8tve1 those are sooo pretty.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10061 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Looks like you all had a good time - sorry I missed it....another project to try in a month or so. I'll watch for Jayardi's instructions.

Posts: 6569 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I meant to follow along last night and got distracted Roll Eyes I am at the part where you put the two units together.. do they go back to back? back to front? or am I missing something?

Ok I figured it out~ if you don't have them the right way, the last strips don't fit right. Smile I just finished gluing my second one. I used the Peltex (the one without fusible on it) and heat and bond, and it is nice and firm.

Thanks Lori!! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: crazy'boutquilts,

Posts: 10488 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● These days I don't have time to compile the steps to create a document. If the teacher (or some helpful soul) sends me a file I can easily add it to the link.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9686 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6656 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I really like your little snowflake Cr8tve1 Smile

I'm glad you all enjoyed the class. These are pretty fun and easy ornaments.

Jean - how would I go about sending you what you need to do what you have to do to?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5055 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lori!
I copied all the steps and now I will make a few.
I couldn't attend the party we had to play cards.
They look great.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 728 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was a good class, nice snowflakes everyone.

Here is mine that I made last year, I used poster board and lots of paperclips to hold it until the glue dried.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1748 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Umm, I went a little crazy making these. My latest two were 2" strips x 1/8". One had the peltex in it the other had cardstock, so much easier to make with cardstock in it any size.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
These are so pretty! I had every intention of doing it and then plans changed. I went away for the weekend. I plan on doing it tomorrow morning.

There's a lot of inspiration here! I had already ironed mine to some timtex. Sounds like the next one might need to be poster board!

Thanks for sharing this Lori!

Posts: 4990 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve1 your snowflakes are beautiful. I agree the cardstock works much better (less expensive too). I am going to try a smaller version, they are so cute!

Posts: 715 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun class I missed last night. So sorry, my grandson was overnighting and was so busy with him, I didn't make class time. We made applesauce and pies and Bohemian Strudel. We also did a little apple dunking. LOL
I'm going to try and make mine tomorrow.

Posts: 8035 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I LOVE them!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5055 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
I did make this (sorry no picture yet) and want to make smaller version. How did you stick the fabric to card stock? I have a few ideas but thought I would ask the experts! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I used what I had on hand - I think it was wonder under...

Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Thanks Laurie for the party- had my things all ready and had to miss but will make some. They are all so pretty and look easy. Will have to drink my wine and eat my chocolate alone: 0

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 826 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Made a smaller (4.5" x 1/4" strips) one last night using an old file folder. I like it much better than the one with Peltex. What a fun project!

Posts: 715 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I used wonder under on the fabric and pressed it to the cardstsock, it held up and I like it better than the peltex.

I like your snowflake Fleur55!

Posts: 3278 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you stick a card stock to each fabric so you have two layers of card stock in your strips??

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I used heat and bond ultra. Apply the fusible to each piece of fabric then adhere to both sides of one piece of cardstock.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1748 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sew Happy!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lori, I will be doing this with my DGD.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1488 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I used one piece of cardstock, wonder under on both pieces of fabric and then pressed them to the cardstock.

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Okay, I love this, but I don't understand why folks are saying that there is no Step 13. I have a Step 13 and it deals with putting the hanging thread onto one of the corners. As soon as I get some free time, I'm going to make some of these. Thanks, Lori, for this wonderful class!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2389 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Lindah52, Lori fixed it so that the steps were numbered correctly.

Be careful, making these are addictive.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
These are so cool! We missed the class because we were out of town. But, I am definitely going to make some. I think I might even be able to do the project with the Girl Scouts...

Thanks, Lori, for a great PJ party project!

Posts: 619 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm glad everyone is enjoying these Big Grin

I guess I should have put an addiction warning label up at the beginning, eh?