Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Join the Valentine PC swap - Groups posted
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Join the Valentine PC swap - Groups posted Sign In/Join 
Picture of fishingwidow
posted
HI all,

Was thinking we haven't had a post card swap in a long time. So if there is any interest, I will set one up for Valentines day. Say, take sign ups till Jan. 18. Limit PCs to swap to a maximum of five.

It seems crazy that I am posting this for a Valentine swap when Chr*stmas isn't even over yet.

Mary

PS - Seems we have lots of interest. When you have a chance in your hectic schedule, please PM me your address. Here are the players to date:

fishingwidow
angelinamore
Fleur55
mcpatches
Happy Erme
califgal
sewlove2quilt
chanlady22
EvelynB
Cre8tve1
Warm Buns
Patricia Ann
RockinBobbin

And here are the three groups.

Group One (with 5 people) is
Angelinamore, Happy Erm, Evelyn B., Chanlady, and Rockin Bobbin.

Group Two is
Fishingwidow, Fluer 55, Califgal, and Cre8tve1.

Group Three is
Patricia Ann, McPatches, Sewlove2quilt and Warm Buns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Posts: 4040 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Put me on the list, Mom! I have missed making (and receiving!) postcards!

Posts: 650 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Postcards sound like fun! Add me to the list. Will you post more information about size and restrictions?

Posts: 764 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I'm in! Valentine PC's are so fun to make!

Posts: 5792 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I was hoping we would have a valentine pc swap. I am in!

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3169 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
me too, i wanna play

Posts: 3534 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Valentine PC's are so FUN to make/receive so put me on the list! Thanks for hosting this!!

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6806 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
put me on the list as they are fun to make and receive

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2234 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Put me on the list also. I do love my post cards.
Evelyn

Posts: 7481 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Me too, I haven't made a pc in a while.
I will PM you my information.

Posts: 3302 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
pm'd u info

patsy

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Smile

Erma

Posts: 3169 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Mary did u get my pm???

Patsy

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I am not at home. Will be leaving in the a.m. I did check my pm,s and saw that I have messages so will update info after I get home and reply to all. Indianapolis had blizzard conditions so thr DH did not want to leave till tomorrow.

Happy new year.

Mary

Posts: 4040 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Being new to some of the jargon used here on the boards, is this for quilted post cards or real post cards? When I mentioned this to my niece (who is an artist) she said "Are you sure they mean quilted?"

Posts: 537 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
yes patricia, postcards made from fabric. they can be mailed too, or some put them in an envelop. i personally make the postcard and i put a stamp on it and mail it.

there is a tutorial that shows how to make them, i'm sure someone will post one here. i found one on youtube, or just type fabric postcard in search engine.

patsy

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
OK, I looked up on youtube and found a tutorial. This looks easy and fun. So I'm in. Will we be mailing these to each other or just swapping?

Posts: 537 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
My mom will probably make 2 groups of folks. You will send a PC to each person in your group and will receive a PC from each person in your group. You will get your list of names and addresses in a PM.

Often times I make all my PCs the same - can do like an assembly line - but you can make them all different if you want. Just follow the theme!

PCs are usually 4x6 inches. If they have embellishments it's good to mail them in an envelope (clear plastic or paper). However, I have received many PCs in the past that were mailed just as is (no envelope). They often take extra postage so you probably you want to check with your post office.

There are good tutorials out there. I usually put peltex in the middle of my PCs but others use different types of interfacing or something like deco bond to give them a little more substance than just 2 pieces of fabric fused together.

Posts: 650 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
me me me me me!!!! my hand is up!!!!!! put me on the list please.

Posts: 3632 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Am back home and playing catch up. I see that we now have 12 people signed up. I will be dividing the people into groups after the deadline for signups. Would like to have a limit of 5 postcards sent by each person which is what we have right now. So with more sign ups, I will divide the group into 3 sections.

And I have received PM's with your mailing addresses.

Mary

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I bought my Timtex yesterday to start on these. Now to check out my files of designs.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving ttt...

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm working on my set of five today. I kept changing my mind but found a great fabric in my stash to inspire me. Yeah! Making more for my quilty friends too.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
bump Smile

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving this up. Still have a few days for signups if anyone is interested.

Mary

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
ttt

posted Hide Post
Yeah - me too!

Posts: 2226 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

As of now, we have 13 people signed up. If we have 2 groups that would be one with 7 and one with 6 people in it. So one group would make 5 and the other 6.

If we get anymore to sign up, I will split into three groups.

Mary

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Last chance to sign up for PCs!

We hope you decide to join us!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Yep, today is the last day for sign ups! Will send group list and addresses out tomorrow.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Am assigning groups today. We have 13 people, so I am going to make 3 groups. Two groups of 4 and one group of 5. Hope this is good with everyone.

Group One (with 5 people) is
Angelinamore, Happy Erm, Evelyn B., Chanlady, and Rockin Bobbin.

Group Two is
Fishingwidow, Fluer 55, Califgal, and Cre8tve1.

Group Three is
Patricia Ann, McPatches, Sewlove2quilt and Warm Buns.

So will now send PM's with the addresses of the people in each of the groups.

Got to get in gear and get working on these. At least I have an idea what I am going to do.

Happy sewing, ladies.

Mary

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary. I was going to work on mine, since I lost a week caring for the sick, but I am baby sitting tonight. DGD says she can help me make them butthen she remembered she wanted to show me her new dance routines. Maybe I better wait until tomorrow afternoon. Big Grin

Erma

posted Hide Post
Evelyn, i rec'd the postcard you made me....how cute, I'm a hoot!

Thank you!

posted Hide Post
I am almost done with mine. I put some embellishments on themso I'm scared to send them directly thru post "as is", so I'll have to put them in an envelope. I hope that's ok.
Will send soon.

Thanks again, E - I love it.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I received a similar hoot owl from Evelyn B also. He's the cutest! Thanks!

My valentines are half done - the tops are made but I need to put on the backs and the addresses. They'll be finished this weekend at the latest!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving up...

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I received the cutest card from Evelyn (shown in previous post). It's a "hoot". Thank you.

I also received a "lovely" from Rockin Bobbin but won't spoil the surprise if you have not received yours yet. Thanks Tonya.

Guess I had better start mine this afternoon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chanlady22,

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2234 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Mine are done, when do we mail them out Mary?

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I made mine yesterday...then when I was looking for my 'postcard' stamp found another in the bag almost finished! I even made 1 for my DH that I'm going to mail him...he makes a big deal about going out to get the mail every morning...won't he be surprised...lol!!

Patsy, I think you can mail anytime you want as long as they are rec'd by valentine's day!

I'll be mailing mine by mid week, I think! {have to take them to work and show them off...several have never heard of-or seen-these quilted pc} BTW, all of mine are different this time! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Oh man....Lois, you just reminded me. I am sorry if I spoiled the surprise for the rest of my group by posting the Hootie PC from Evelyn.
I appologize, gals.

posted Hide Post
I didn't make any of my PCs the same, so this is the one I made for Chanlady:

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
See what I mean....it IS lovely!
Thanks, Tonya

Happy Stitching...Lois

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Cute! Cute! Cute!

Really love seeing all the different pc's & I'm sure ya'll do to, so thought I'd show the 1 I made my DH...can't show the others til they are rec'd!

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Just bumpin' this up...

I won't be mailing mine until the wkend now. {cause we had a snow/ice day yesterday and quite a few hrs were cut at work & I won't see some of the ones that wanted to see them, til fri}

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got my pc from RockinBobbin. You do beautiful work. Thank you so much for the unique card.
Evelyn

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Mailed my pc's yesterday, should arrive on Feb 1st Smile

Posts: 764 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Nice PCs ladies. Mine are done and will be in the mail by Monday. I love doing these. Will probably see if any interest for a partiotic swap (fourth July) and also Haloween which is my favorite holiday for PCs.

Mary

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I have received from Evelyn and Rockin bobbin. Both beautiful! Mailed my yesterday they should arrive on Friday.

Erma

posted Hide Post
For Erma:

posted Hide Post
For Evelyn: