Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  10-min tablerunner swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10-min tablerunner swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
I am hosting the 10-min tablerunner swap. You will make one, I will pair you with a partner. After I post swap partners, you can decide what theme you would like to do.

here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFc5arukiJg
or
http://www.sewwequilt.com/2011...onn-and-her-ten.html

materials:

1/2 yd for back fabric and borders
1/3 yd for center

mail by: Sept 1

If you have not participated in my mugrug swaps, please private me with your mailing address.

---

10-min tablerunner swap partners

Catwmn27 will swap with thimblelady
angelinamor will swap with J Lu
mandylifeboats will swap with rosenana
fishingwidow will swap with Coco Cathy
Sue Stitches will swap with caseygc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5051 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Is this the same one where we were discussing doing Christmas or fall theme? I've been in the woods and now at the coast and not on that much. Spotty wireless and friendly cousins are keeping me off the board.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I originally thought yes, but job applications are taking up more time than I have, so I will sit this one out.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
mandy:
Does this mean that I can participate??? How will I know with whom I will be swapping and her address since I cannot access mail on my computer?
rosenana

Posts: 1421 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rosenana, i will send you your partner's address by mail, with a stamp on the envelope. Smile

Posts: 5051 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes Sue Stitches, this is the same swap. Catwmn27 has asked me to help her run the swap. Do you still want to participate?

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Sure! I have fall and just bought some Christmas fabric for it and probably have some Halloween so I am good.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sadly I thought the potential due date would have been later for Christmas - I can't take on anything for the month of August (DH company is moving and at the same time installing all new computers, etc. and I need to be involved in that process.) Bummer. Maybe next time.

Posts: 6671 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
royalboomer, if the swap goes well, i will plan another with a further due date. how does that sound?

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
mandy,
Sounds great. Thanks so much for all your trouble.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
That works, thanks. This is an exceptional time. Normally it wouldn't have been an issue at all. I'll look forward to it.

Posts: 6671 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Mandylifeboats, I messaged you.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
I am having a hard time PMing you my info. Will try again later.

Posts: 392 | Location: northern pa | Registered: Jul 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
Lol, it ended up sending it to you. Hope you get it.

Posts: 392 | Location: northern pa | Registered: Jul 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I am going to try making one, if it works, I will sign up next time. This looks like fun.

Posts: 4637 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Tisme, you will love making this runner. And you will be so proud to make something so cute and useful in such a short time. It really emphasizes your fabric design.

Posts: 3690 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM!

Posts: 656 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
This project does actually take only ten minutes to make. I have made six of them in the past two days for gifts and they are such fun to make.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Being truly slow it takes me a half an hour but I plan on making several for gifts.

posted Hide Post
bump

posted Hide Post
rosenana, i am putting your partner/address in the mail today. Smile

Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
What was the decision on the theme or should we just choose one? Im excited and ready to get started.

Posts: 3690 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
Sue stitches, I sent you a PM.

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mandy,
I am all set to go.

posted Hide Post
thimble lady, you and your partner can discuss what theme u want to do.

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Fishingwidow i messaged you.Smile

Posts: 3061 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Coco, I just checked my PM's. And advised I want a fall theme tablerunner. You can choose anykind of theme you want, decide and let me know.

Mary

Posts: 4048 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
I responded. Halloween it is

Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
Boy I am so glad I didn't cut my material already. Don't know what I was thinking but I almost cut it at 9 inches instead of 12 for the 1/3 yard.
Want to start working on it today.

Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
I am so mad at my self. I cut my 12 inch pc then when I cut the second material I cut it 12 inch too instead of 18, ugh. Now I need to find a new material for it. And wait till my mind is more on what I am doing and not wandering.

posted Hide Post
i did the same thing caseyqc

Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Im almost finished with mine. These are soooo much fun to make! Think Ill make several while Im at it.

posted Hide Post
rosenana, what theme do you prefer?

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
mandy,
Since I have already made several for Christmas, surprise me. I love flowers and batiks. How about you? Will a Christmas one be OK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rosenana,

posted Hide Post
christmas would be great, thanks! did u get my address by mail yet?

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
mandy:
It definitely should be here today. However, does 237 sound familiar?

Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
mandy,
your note arrived today. Everything is AOK.

posted Hide Post
ok great!

Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
I am all but finished with mine and will get it in the mail next week. Since it was so much fun I think Ill make a bunch more to use and to have on hand for Christmas!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Mailed on Friday she will get it Monday

J Lu

Posts: 1118 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Yikes i better get to the fabric store the @1 Procrastinator says

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Got some fabric today for the tablerunners. Going to make some for my sister too, while in the groove.

Mary

Posts: 4048 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I am happy to say that I am J Lu's swap partner. Although I felt guilty because I received the pkg before I had even picked out the fabric for the taberunner I am making for her and wanted to wait... But, she persuaded me to open my mail...

YAY, YIPPEE! I got the cutest Halloween runner with a spiderweb feature fabric and bright orange & black cat backing. It will be a great background for me to display all my Halloween table decorations. Thank you so very much! AND, I especially like the skull button embellishments - they are the perfect touch for the holiday theme!

Now, I have to get going on the runner I'm making... We have an exchange student arriving on Thursday, so I probably won't have sewing time until the weekend.

Oh! I'll try (to remember) to take a photo this weekend of my Halloween "pretty"!

Posts: 656 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caseyqc
posted Hide Post
All done mine, just have to mail it out. Sure hope you like Sue.
So easy to make that I made another one for myself. LOL Gonna go through my stash to see what else I can use to make some, I think I am hooked.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Aw! So happy you like it. The spider web glows in the dark. I thought you might get a kick out it. Enjoy! Happy Halloween!

J Lu

Posts: 1118 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
Will be mailing out package tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
oh rosenana you are fast. i um, i have to get going on this, haven't started it yet.

Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the way to Catwmn!!! Hope you like it.

posted Hide Post
haven't started, haven't bought fabric, can't get motivated.

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Thimble lady: Got yours almost done. Will finish up this weekend and get in the mail the 1st of the week.

Posts: 195 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post