Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

old gym lockers Sign In/Join 
posted
Have some old locker doors that I would like to remove the number tags from. Is there an easy way to do this? They are not screwed in...look like some kind of rivet.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you pop the rivet out from the back? Use a punch or an awl. Or use pliers to bend the rivet sides and the rivet should pop out.....be sure and do it from the back of the door. Just be careful and not bend the door....maybe a machinist can better answer your question.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: May,

love life

Posts: 1538 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take a tiny drill bit and drill through the rivet. That should weaken it enough to pop out.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pat
posted Hide Post
When my dad would remove pop rivets he would drill them and they would come right out. Just take your time.

Posts: 1193 | Location: Washington State | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post