Message Boards


  • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Trash to Treasure
  Old School Lockers
Old School Lockers Sign In/Join 
So I came across a set of old school gym lockers. they are about 4 by 6 feet with 18 sets of lockers. The kinds with the circular holes in them. The bottom is starting to rust out. I'm wondering whats the best way to fix this is if I want to re paint. I would rather not go to an auto body, have them power spray, powder coat, and then paint. I'm thinking this will cost me over a thousand dollars. Any ideas my friends. I'm using it for a chest of drawers right now but have ideas for many other options once it's painted. thanks
Posts: 1 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Mar 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband buys auto body puddy (don't ask me where) to put on the rusted parts of his truck (around the wheel well). Then he paints that spot. Maybe you could so something with your locker like that.

love life
Posts: 1569 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The filler can be bought at any parts store and even at Walmart. It can be painted with just about anything, including canned spray paint.
Posts: 7286 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata    HGTV Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Decorating  Hop To Forums  Trash to Treasure    Old School Lockers