Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chair Sign In/Join 
posted
and here is one of the chairs i made today

chair 1

Posts: 395 | Location: Bainbridge, GA - Zone 8 a/b | Registered: Sep 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Pretty darn cute leesa! Where will you use it?

Posts: 12937 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bills wife
posted Hide Post
very clever.

Posts: 1015 | Location: new York | Registered: Jul 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lady:

I have made two of this type chair and a bench as well..I have given them to a friend for her to use outside....

this is the bench...all were made from 1 by 4's and 1 by 2's

bench

Posts: 395 | Location: Bainbridge, GA - Zone 8 a/b | Registered: Sep 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here is coffee table I made, it is made out of 2 railing from baby bed, 1 by 2's and some tongue and groove flooring that was given to me.

coffee table

posted Hide Post
and a corner table i made, also out of 1 by 4's, 1 by 2's and tongue and groove.

posted Hide Post
ooops my bad on the crooked picture.

and this is a dining table i made out of 2 cabninet doors, 1 by 4's and 1 by 2's...

Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
Nice. I have a set of 4 books about making furnishings out of 2 x 4s but have never taken the time to do so. You've inspired me.

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
You have been busy. It all looks great!
Doing any gardening this year?

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5003 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You MyLife...not too good at it, but it holds me up, smiles.

Hey Ms Karen, yes, I have been trying to expand my building from birdhouses to furniture. As for gardening, I planted a full garden in March, but sadly hardly anything produced.

Mid March, I planted bell peppers, banana peppers, string beans, butternut squash, crook neck squash, zucchini, waxed beans, cukes, roma tomatoes and heirloom mators...all grew beautifully, but very lil produced.

Got 1 mess of string beans, bout 5 bell peppers and bout 20 banana peppers, cukes for some reason all are round and bout size of ex large egg, wax beans are not filling out to good.

Not really sure what or why all this is happening......water daily, twice a day when the weather was hot, but raining so much now, i let the rain water mostly..

any advice i would greatly appriecate.
Leesa
Bainbridge, GA

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
If it all grew good....did you add more cow poo? Sounds like it might have been too much nitrogen.

I haven't had great luck this year either...all the temperature ups/downs and now all the rain.
Only about half of my beans came up. Some of my cukes & cantaloupes are drowning, my corn is only about 1' tall (planted WAY late) and tasseling, my early maters have early blight and my late maters don't want to grow. The onions I planted last fall...I planted 6 different kinds and only 3 of them did anything. These are keeper, bulb onions. The other 3 kinds still look like spring/green onions, no bulbs. My bell peppers are doing ok, just not great.

I think it has just been our weather this year!
I didn't plant any squash cause I had a major case of downy mildew last year...and I didn't want to deal with that again. And I've got white aphids on a lot of my flowers.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5003 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, i feel i need to replenish my garden with fertilizer, that is something i dont do due to my g'son eating straight from the garden.

i mostly salvaged my tomatoes(they were bein eaten by stink bugs), some cukes(they didnt grow long but round), my peas and beans have done so so(have gotten a few messes off of the string beans, asparagus beans and wax beans), watermelon and cantoloupe both died after they got bout size of baseball, bell peppers are doing ok and banana peppers are also.

between the stink bugs and ants, i am struggling to keep anything alive.

so i have been working in my shop a lot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: leesa -GA,

posted Hide Post
leesa, gorgeous furniture!

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post