HGTV Message Boards
Vintage "Italian Tole" floral lamp.

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5534079532/m/7203911947

Sep 16, 2011, 07:29 PM
leb
Vintage "Italian Tole" floral lamp.
I was given a large (25 inches to the bottom of the light bulb)vintage lamp - it is metal and is showing some age - the base especially needs some help. And the paint overall needs a little luster.
I'm looking for any advice in fixing it up and also some help with the lampshade - I have no Idea what would be appropriate for this kind of base. Obviously the one on there doesn't work Smile

Thanks!!

Lamp Photo

Sep 19, 2011, 03:58 PM
maggiejoe
gosh, i wish i had some suggestions for you. i just wanted to say that it IS an interesting lamp and, yes, i agree that it needs a different shade. wonder if you can google some descriptive words for the lamp and see some images of ones that are similar?
Oct 11, 2011, 09:46 AM
Kathy's Kreations
Hi, I would buy or thrift a black wrought iron non-shade, a victorian type shade. Find one that is an appropriate size and if it is not black spray it black. The lamp doesn't need a traditional shade because it is very ornate, very detailed. I think the wrought iron will really show it off.
Jun 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
barbriellen
I can picture it hanging upside down from the ceiling over the dining room table with a shade the same color as one of the flowers. Pretty.
Sep 23, 2012, 11:30 PM
greylove
love the lamp!! Wouldn't a round, flared shade work with it? I think you could get metal paint and touch up the flowers and leaves nicely.

“Some people say I’m easily distrac- Hey Look, a bird!”
Sep 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
mgt
I did some checking and I agree with a flared lampshade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."
Aug 29, 2013, 08:06 AM
Pickadonk
quote:
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Me too! We could make a club together but I don't like clubs. Too busy dropping out of society.

OP your light bulb is super bright. It's blinding me from the other side of the world... Big Grin

Rooms in Brighton
Aug 30, 2013, 02:30 AM
Chuck Steak
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.