Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Area rugs in a two-sink bathroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Area rugs in a two-sink bathroom Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
Just had my main bathroom tiled and it almost seems a shame to cover it up with throw rugs. Not only that, I've purchased and returned three sets so far because I didn't like any of them. DH thinks I'm nuts!

When you walk into the room and look straight ahead, you see a white tub at the end of the room. Once you step inside the doorway, there is a long vanity (67 inches) on your right side with two sinks, and then there's the toilet, which is between the vanity and the tub on that same right wall.

The first set I bought was too white, too small, and too flimsy looking. They were two 17" x 24" rugs. The "look" just wasn't right to me.

The second set I bought was two memory foam rugs about 20" x 24". They were a nice beige color but were too easy to trip over.

The third set (the whole ensemble) I bought consisted of two 17" x 24" rugs for in front of the sinks, a contour rug for the toilet, and a toilet lid cover. They were a pretty light brown color, but I thought all those rugs looked silly on the floor (overkill maybe). I just didn't like that look either.

I have no idea as to how people are decorating their bathrooms nowadays. Do they still use throw rugs anymore? If I don't use any rugs, it looks too stark for some reason. And then there's the thought that there should be a rug in front of a sink to catch any stray drops of water.

Any advice?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CA Lori,

Posts: 6030 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats on your new bath - I've got a 60" double sink vanity as well, the only place I can find 60" bath rugs are bed-bath-and beyond, and you can machine wash/low heat dry. not very decorative, all in solid colors, but at least it fits the space! good luck

Posts: 27 | Registered: Jun 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Throw rugs are good simply for moisture and it does add an appeal to the bathroom. Bathrooms are meant to be simple but stylish. Don't overthink it or you will over do it!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any business person cheating on the rules of a message board is sure to cheat their customers.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post