Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Vinyl beadboard only around tub?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vinyl beadboard only around tub? Sign In/Join 
posted
I know I have to use vinly beadboard around the tub due to the water, but can the rest of the bathroom walls be regular wood beadboard? Thanks

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
They could be...but is is worth having two types of bead board if they do not end up visually matching? I would imagine the texture/sheen as well as the groves may end up not identical.

Posts: 9433 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you buy vinyl beadboard "planks"? I would like to buy 4x8 sheets but haven't been able to find it

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what we purchased from Lowes:
Sequentia .090"D x 4'W x 8'H White Beaded Wall Panel
Item #: 110598 | Model #: FTBB.1
We installed it horizontally around the lower 1/2 of our walls. We have a tub w/o a shower so we also put it around the tub, caulking the corner seams. So far so good Smile

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post