Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Laundry Hamper Sign In/Join 
posted
I am interested in purchasing this new laundry hamper; it does not come with a removable liner, but it has casters. Is there a simple way to make or purchase a removable liner - so you can take laundry to the laundry room while the hamper stays in our master bedroom? help

Posts: 346 | Location: Amherst, VA USA | Registered: Jul 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A liner is simply a bag, easy to sew but you will have to decide how you will keep it in place. For directions look online for directions in how to sew a tote. Then just enlarge the size for your hamper.

Posts: 6728 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
Also, you might just take a laundry basket into the master bedroom, fill it with laundry from the hamper, and take it to the laundry room. It doesn't seem like it would be any more bother than remembering to take the liner back to replace it before the next use.

Posts: 7076 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
I never move my laundry basket/hamper. I just take the largest item of laundry and put the other stuff on it, pull up the sides and go to the laundry room. Our laundry baskets are in the bathroom closet on the second floor, and the laundry room is in the basement.

I have done this forever and look at it as part of my fitness routine. Big Grin

Posts: 3033 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Grapefruit

Your message brought back a funny memory to me - something I haven't thought of in decades. My Mother used to use to roll up the laundry in a full bed sheet and drag it down th stairs to the basement washer. We used to always laugh that "There's Mom dragging another body into the cellar!"

Posts: 268 | Registered: Jan 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I decided to share too. Wink
DS was about 10 years old, when I bought a two wheel, rolling plastic trash can. Square, tall and is about 14 inches across top sides. I said this will make a great laundry basket.
He argued with me all the way to the check out that it was a trash can. I said nope..laundry basket.

We still use it 14 years later, (had to reinforce the handle with a dowel and clear duct tape), but it goes bump, bump, bump up/down the stairs just fine. Big Grin

Posts: 9429 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incognito Ainur
posted Hide Post
Like Grapefruit, I just find the largest piece, wrap everything else, and carry/drag it to the laundry. But if there's nothing big enough for everything, I get a garbage bag, put everything in, and keep the garbage bag for, well, it's true purpose Wink

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post