Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Chrome or Satin nickel fixtures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrome or Satin nickel fixtures Sign In/Join 
Picture of GreenAlice
posted
Well I love love love my satin nickel elsewhere but have been wondering about my bath redo if I should stick with chrome for long term finish potential/cleaning....it seems to hold up better than the newer finishes imho....I have read about peeps stating oil rubbed bronze and satin nickel finishes are hard to keep clean and wear off in bathroom....any comments on your preference?

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7373 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I have had ORB in my kitchen for almost 8 years now and the faucet is showing it's age. The copper coloration is revealed in heavily used areas. For my yet to be completed master bath, I opted for polished chrome as I wanted the sparkle against my matte porcelain tile and chrome is ageless. I must admit tho that it is not the current trend so finding lights and fixtures I liked was challenging. I had to order most of them from on-line sources.

The brushed or polished nickel is more prevalent and it is warm. The brushed finishes have their downsides too my research found. Someone told me the color turned on their brushed mickle fixtures.

Posts: 18729 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Thanks Froo, I just read someone got their brushed nickel ones and the finish was actually greener than their other pieces....odd! Smile

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7373 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Go with a quality, solid metal fixture, and I think either the chrome or brushed nickel can give you good life. We have Moen brushed nickel in the bathroom and it is 15 years old. Still looks new. (I do wipe it dry after each shower and the sink every other day.
Some Delta or Price Pfister have not been as good for us.

Posts: 9663 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post