Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Free standing tub or undermount tub?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free standing tub or undermount tub? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Jewel
posted
In the next two posts, I'll show a pic of each type of tub. Would love to figure out what type most people would prefer in a master bath.

Question:
Would you prefer a free standing tub or an undermount tub with a granite or tile surround?

Choices:
Free standing
Undermount tub with surround

Posts: 8200 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Example of a free standing tub:

Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Example of an undermount tub with a surround.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I had the surround style previously, but am replacing with a freestanding style because my bathroom is not large and the surround style jacuzzi was the elephant in the room.

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!

Both tubs have their advantage and are really style dependent. If you have the room, i would definitely go for a freestanding tub. They are elegant and can be the focal point of your bathroom. Drop-in or alcove tubs are more space efficient and can also be really stylish.

-Jonathan
Focal Point Hardware

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: Aug 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post