Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Small Bathroom...large or small tile
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Bathroom...large or small tile Sign In/Join 
posted
I am renovating a relatively small bath room and want to tile from floor to ceiling. What makes a bathroom look larger...small tile such as subway tile or the larger 12" or 16" tile? Or a combination of both?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think, YOu may better to go with the combination of both. Which gives the better look and also large. You can easily get the best look with the fixation of tiles in our rooms.

Aged natural stone Tiles

This message has been edited. Last edited by: johnjerllin,

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Opt for 12x12 tiles on the diagonal for the floor of the bathroom to visually expand the space. Stick with the same tile for the walls but rectangles on the horizontal to expand the room.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with Froo! Putting up diagonal tiles will make the bathroom look bigger.

Morris Real Estate

Posts: 6 | Location: Killeen | Registered: Jul 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to my interest, I mostly preferred the large tiles which are good for appearance and quality.

exterior natural stone tile

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post