Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Dual Sinks in a 1 bd / 1 ba condo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dual Sinks in a 1 bd / 1 ba condo? Sign In/Join 
posted
Is it appropriate to have dual sinks in the only bathroom of a one bedroom / one bathroom condominium?

My husband and I would love to have dual sinks and we have plenty of room for them, but for resale, will this attract or detract potential buyers?

Thanks,
Nickie

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Doubt it will either add nor detract value, as long as you have enough extra counter space, and not crowd the sinks together leaving no counter.
Easy thing to change later for some other owner.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
..it will add value as a selling feature.Do it for yourself and resale! Spend a litle more maybe with say.. bowl sinks. There are many choices in design.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9290 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
As long as it's not pedestal sinks, which leave no countertop or undercabinet space. That's a complaint I hear on the HGTV shows.

Posts: 4587 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double sinks are always a plus! If they work in the space, do it! I have never hear someone complain about getting two sinks in the master.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard someone complain? You have heard it now (px me waving!). I have seen many poorly planned double sinks that would have been better as one with ample counter space.

Posts: 7243 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Me two, metwo!

If the sinks are tight, side by side, this does not make a great useful counter, unless long enough to have some real estate in between. Even then, there are two sinks to clean/keep clean, rather than one. DH and I do not use the bathroom at the same time, so it just works better to have one sink with more counter space.
Now if you are talking a whole separate vanity area, that is a different animal.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post