HGTV Message Boards
Dual Sinks in a 1 bd / 1 ba condo?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5381030203/m/6723958277

Aug 06, 2013, 03:30 PM
Nickie13
Dual Sinks in a 1 bd / 1 ba condo?
Is it appropriate to have dual sinks in the only bathroom of a one bedroom / one bathroom condominium?

My husband and I would love to have dual sinks and we have plenty of room for them, but for resale, will this attract or detract potential buyers?

Thanks,
Nickie
Aug 06, 2013, 05:22 PM
conrad
Doubt it will either add nor detract value, as long as you have enough extra counter space, and not crowd the sinks together leaving no counter.
Easy thing to change later for some other owner.
Dec 30, 2013, 08:11 PM
real estate lady
..it will add value as a selling feature.Do it for yourself and resale! Spend a litle more maybe with say.. bowl sinks. There are many choices in design.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,
Jul 28, 2014, 06:13 AM
Indexlady
As long as it's not pedestal sinks, which leave no countertop or undercabinet space. That's a complaint I hear on the HGTV shows.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:33 PM
The Wandering Home
Double sinks are always a plus! If they work in the space, do it! I have never hear someone complain about getting two sinks in the master.

Visit us on www.thewanderinghome.com!
Aug 01, 2014, 09:15 PM
metwo
Never heard someone complain? You have heard it now (px me waving!). I have seen many poorly planned double sinks that would have been better as one with ample counter space.
Aug 01, 2014, 11:22 PM
conrad
Me two, metwo!

If the sinks are tight, side by side, this does not make a great useful counter, unless long enough to have some real estate in between. Even then, there are two sinks to clean/keep clean, rather than one. DH and I do not use the bathroom at the same time, so it just works better to have one sink with more counter space.
Now if you are talking a whole separate vanity area, that is a different animal.