Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Any ideas for shower curtain hook decor???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any ideas for shower curtain hook decor??? Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a plain white textured shower curtain with simple silver "roll ball" type hooks. I would like to add something to the front of the hooks to jazz up the curtain. I have seen curtain tie-backs added, but don't want to go that route. Beads, perhaps, but they seem too small. Thoughts, suggestions?? Thanks !!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Might just peruse the craft store isles in general? Surely there is something there that would be a good accent to your current bathroom decor.

Posts: 9460 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thx-tried that! All beads & things were $3.99 & up & were too small. I will come up w/ something!

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Small decorative tassels, scarves, gold braided rope, silk flowers, large shank buttons and even ornaments.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Chandelier drops too.....

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7301 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW--Thx Zone 9---I love all of these...but they have to be "Boy" proof---this is my son's bathroom & he zanks the shower curtain..there is no dainty open/close for him-lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zone9alady:
Chandelier drops too.....

Ooh I like this idea!

Proud owner of TowelRACKED.com! Smile

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The curtain hook is very important for decoration and attractivness of curtain. It mainly depends upon color of curtain. The light grey or silver color looks nice with light color curtain.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smith46,

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, Becky42 bumps only to find another spammer!

Posts: 1927 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing boy proof I could think of would be safety or tow chains. I don't think thats a very popular look these days, though.

Christopher R. Johnson
Journeyman Carpenter &
Home Remodeling Expert
www.CreativeTouchCarpentry.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Westmont, Il | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post