Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Bathroom tile color combination
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bathroom tile color combination Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello,

I am planning to do a remodeling of our master bathroom and I got an inspiration from the following post: http://www.houzz.com/photos/94...ary-bathroom-toronto. I liked the idea of the big mirror and the mosaic around it. I would like to use some of that kind of a mosaic in our shower as well. So far I found the following attached tile combination that I am thinking to use in the shower (disregard the dark cherry color on the left). We are going to have dark espresso cabinets. My questions:
1)Is this combination look fine to you?
2)Not sure which tile color to choose for the bathroom floor. Should I don't think I should go with a dark color considering that we will have dark cabinets?
3)Not sure what to choose for the shower floor.
4)How to apply that mosaic in the shower space. I don't want to have too much of it there.
5)We are going to have a bench in the shower, so I am not sure if I need to decorate that bench somehow.

Sorry for a lot of questions but I am not that good with visioning things
Thanks a lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Veronikam11,

Tile Combination

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
??? Any particular bathroom shot of the photos?

Does the larger tile have some cream in it or is it white? (White shades can clash.)

Any reason you don't want to go white or cream on both the shower and b/r floor?

Personally, I would do a horizontal stripe with the mosaic and probably go either white or cream on the bench (like the floor).

Good Luck! All, JMHO.

Posts: 139 | Registered: May 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think, It is depend on your bath room texture. Before choosing bath tiles you must pay attention to color, size and shape when choosing tiles. Don't just select a single tile but instead find several different tiles that complement each other well...

All Is Well

Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to me bathroom tiles should be light colored as it gives spacious looks to your bathroom. It lights up to the bathroom also you can choose the grey or some pastel shades....

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Visually, I like your tile choices for the shower, but there are details of your space that are unknown. Generally, the shower flooring tiles are no larger than 2" and come in rounds, hexes, squares, pebbles (river rocks). Do avoid lots of grout on the shower floor. Stay clear of ultra trends. Your choices appear contemporary. The mosaic pieces can be used to create a horizontal band at eye level or a a wide vertical band where the fixtures are placed. If a niche is in your design plan, the smaller mosaics can be used there along with bullnose to border it. Check bath supply showrooms for design inspiration.

Posts: 18676 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
BTW, the mosaic pieces can be carried onto the bench perhaps on the face of the seat with the larger tile on top. Play on graph paper with your design.

Posts: 18676 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post