Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  Old bathroom vanity need ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old bathroom vanity need ideas Sign In/Join 
Picture of ohman
posted
Dear all, please see this picture..

Do you think we should replace the whole vanity with a white one, or should we just replace the countertop and keep the cabinet (as it has matching light green color pattern)?? I was thinking that maybe by repaint the cabinet (and replace the accessories), it should give it a nice "new" look and then replace the countertop (with a light color granite one), but wife feel that we should just replace the whole vanity with a white one..

My concern is that a new white vanity might not have the same height as the old one, plus if it looks too contemporary it would not be consistent with the current "classic" look..

[img=http://s13.postimg.org/tblsoxcoj/20140522_101924.jpg]

Thoughts or comments? Thanks!

Posts: 125 | Registered: May 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You seem to have mixed time periods in your bath now. I don't think it really matters. You can get cabinets in different heights if that is your only concern.

Posts: 7020 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love pink-green vintage bathrooms but I need to see more of the room. Is the tub pink? I'm one of those matchy-matchy fixture people so the white sink with the pink toilet makes me nuts.
I'm leaning towards a pink sink. I'd check out savethepinkbathrooms.com or retrorenovation.com.
Vanities came into play in the 50's so there will be something that can integrate a vanity into the design. Please post more pics, the bathroom as a whole is important.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think that pink and green are the retro colors? They struck me as being 'off'.

Posts: 7020 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
i'm with the wife toss it! the believe me by the time you buy a complete set including new faucets, you'll be MUCH happier...btw, most cabinets are at the new back saving height...

Posts: 8528 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post