Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   HGTV BathDesign
  help with 42 inch wide vanity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with 42 inch wide vanity Sign In/Join 
posted
I don't believe that just a refacing can save my bathroom vanity. It's 20+ yrs old, & altho' the outside looks healthy (just outdated), the inside
shelving is particleboard & beginning to crumble.
It sits in an alcove measuring 42"wide & butts up against shower stall. The search for a 42" wide vanity has been futile, either non-existant or more expensive than I counted on spending for the entire bathroom upgrade. Considered a 30" with a 12" lateral shelving unit on the right. Not sure I'd even find those measurement combinations. Suggestions?

Posts: 1 | Location: Port Richey, FL | Registered: Jan 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use a 36" freestanding in the space and finish the side walls. There are hundreds of them online.

Posts: 732 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
check out ikea they have every size you can think of or you could buy from cabinet stores online that send the to you flat pack ready to assemble

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post